• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
55 55

8,632 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2023 at 11:07 PM, Mapleleafvann said:

Good luck collecting on your insurance claim for comics shipping them via Media Mail

You're probably right that the payout could be contested.  When I was shipping media mail it typically would be lower value stuff and I would purchase the minimum insurance amount simply as a deterrent against internal theft.  I assume that even the rottenest USPS employee won't want to become subject of an inquiry over an item insured for $50.  When I was shipping high dollar stuff, I would use Registered Mail.  

On 7/21/2023 at 12:07 AM, Mapleleafvann said:

Good luck collecting on your insurance claim for comics shipping them via Media Mail.  The $300 Hardcover book may or may not be covered.  USPS specifically states that there can be no advertisements within the material sent via Media Mail. 

Agreed that if you have a claim for lost or damaged comics, it would be better to have not tainted the situation by shipping them via an ineligible method. Don't give them an excuse to deny your claim, although I am not sure if/how that affects your ability to collect on it. You did pay for insurance, and Media packages are supposedly not treated any differently for handling, just a slower method. They certainly could tag you for the rate difference after the fact, reducing your claim proceeds.

The vast majority of hardcover books in general are text. Even graphic novels are specifically included in media mail because they are reprints of comics WITHOUT the advertising, or they can be original content, again as long as they don't contain paid advertising. Paperbacks also qualify. 

On 7/21/2023 at 4:33 AM, Gaard said:

@taro90 How did you send it - Priority or MM?

Priority Mail with insurance. I would never send comics Media Mail. Only Priority or First Class, and First Class if it's a raw book of a certain value. 

Edited by taro90

On 7/22/2023 at 11:52 PM, Lightning55 said:

Good catch. He has sold a dozen items, all non-comic, averaging under $20, but he has a train load of grail comics for sale. Nothing suspicious there!!!

37,000 feedbacks at 99.9%, 21,000 items for sale currently, and has only sold 12 things in the past  3 months. I think he was hijacked but I have no clue as to how doing that to someones account can be of any use unless the scammer has access to the person bank account as well. 

It was an easy catch because I own the only 8.0 restored Action Comics 8 and it's at cgc right now. Mr. Nelson screened it himself so I know it's been already cracked out of that case. Interesting thing also is before I won it on Heritage in April it was sold on e bay a year to the day., 7/22/23 , using the same pictures also. 

Edited by Professor K
grammar correction

On 7/22/2023 at 9:22 PM, manetteska said:

THE Dylan — going by dylanauctions on eBay — just canceled about five auctions (ironic, right?) with a little over 24 hours to go. I’m assuming because he was not getting the prices he wanted. 

He should nominate eBay for the HoS since it’s interfering with his business.  Or maybe the whole hobby in general.

On 7/23/2023 at 8:50 AM, 850chris said:

What was the name? The listing is gone…

The name was elko-company, but I highly doubt they were in on it.  I see this all the time, there is always a Contact 12 6.5 in the lot. Someone is highjacking peoples e bay accounts and posting expensive

books in auction format of books that were sold on e bay in the past, using the same photos as the original auction. I have no idea why.  I guess now a book that I own is in the lot. 

The scammers seem to do it to accounts that have thousands of things for sale so I guess they won't notice a handful of comics listed for auction on their account. If you report it as fraud I guess the real account owner is notified. The whole thing is weird.

On 7/23/2023 at 11:30 AM, mattn792 said:
On 7/22/2023 at 9:22 PM, manetteska said:

THE Dylan — going by dylanauctions on eBay — just canceled about five auctions (ironic, right?) with a little over 24 hours to go. I’m assuming because he was not getting the prices he wanted. 

He should nominate eBay for the HoS since it’s interfering with his business.  Or maybe the whole hobby in general.

@dylanthekid what do you think?

I just blocked this user : moneytalkin2011

He contacted me on a auction item . His message was "200" . Nice people normally say "hello can i offer you $200?" anyway since i wanted to sell the item i didn´t care about how rude he is and his stupid user name. I was going to reply accepting his offer but i checked his feedback left for others and lots and lots of negs . "good item overpriced shipping " "he didn´t follow my shipping instructions" etc etc so i blocked him . That´s exactly the kind of people that makes ebay bad.

Edited by Mijael.Levy

On 7/23/2023 at 4:15 PM, Domo Arigato said:

He was banned from the forums.

You can read about it at this link.

I'm easily lured by internet drama, this was a freaking trip. Wish I was on the boards throughout that. What a piece of work, that dude. This was especially amusing:

PS This whole thing reminds me of what happened with Gina Carano on twitter (the girl from Mandalorian) A good person who means well, with people that actually know her that know she’s a good person, but the internet peoples go after her like wolves to meat.

“If you are silent about your beliefs because you are worried someone will be offended, then your beliefs are not that important to you but rather what people think about you is,”-Gina Carano

On 7/20/2023 at 5:48 PM, NP_Gresham said:

Total USPS failure. They never pay. 

They reject the initial claim most of the time and it’s the appeal where you’ll actually be heard. Unless you’re on good terms with your postmaster.