• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
55 55

8,612 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2023 at 11:05 AM, Buzzetta said:

Oh and I was nice enough to ship it back in a box, which is how this whole thing could have been avoided to begin with. 

I hope you included a snarky note about what a box is and how it protects items like this during shipping. :wishluck:

On 6/13/2023 at 10:57 AM, Buzzetta said:

You and I are talking about two VERY VERY VERY different sets off clientele 

What can I say; senior league likes to play in style 🤣

image.gif.18f84fa876819feea0c79d3a6a753141.gif

On 6/13/2023 at 1:13 PM, Timmay said:

I hope you included a snarky note about what a box is and how it protects items like this during shipping. :wishluck:

I save my snark for the CGC Boards and especially in real life.  It annoys people enough to vent about it on other message boards and in private.  :luhv:

Edited by Buzzetta

I would be careful with this buyer: chillectables22

I sold a Golden Age book and upon receipt he says the centerfold is detached at the bottom staple which I did not disclose in my listing. He asks for a 23% partial refund to make things right due to this defect (on a VG+ book). Admittedly I am not 100% certain what happened with the book but I believe the amount he is asking for is rather high so I tell him to send the book back for a full refund.

He then calls me deceitful and that I'm up to tricks and he knows when I go to sell the book again I won't disclose the damage and cheat the next buyer. He is also leaving negative feedback stating I will not disclose in the future. All of this b/c I didn't accept his partial refund amount and he has to accept a full refund.

At the end of the day he is out $0 -- including sending the book back.

All GA books to MCS from now on.

On 6/16/2023 at 2:52 PM, manetteska said:

I sold a Golden Age book and upon receipt he says the centerfold is detached at the bottom staple which I did not disclose in my listing. He asks for a 23% partial refund to make things right due to this defect (on a VG+ book). Admittedly I am not 100% certain what happened with the book but I believe the amount he is asking for is rather high so I tell him to send the book back for a full refund.

He then calls me deceitful and that I'm up to tricks and he knows when I go to sell the book again I won't disclose the damage and cheat the next buyer. He is also leaving negative feedback stating I will not disclose in the future. All of this b/c I didn't accept his partial refund amount and he has to accept a full refund.

Good catch; added. (thumbsu

I learned a long time ago that this scam is prevalent among shady collectibles seekers and always offer a full refund upon return of any item and also let them know I expect it back in the same condition and packaging it was shipped to them in. Went through 3 of these disputes and came out vindicated on each one.

On 6/16/2023 at 2:17 PM, B2D327 said:

Good catch; added. (thumbsu

I learned a long time ago that this scam is prevalent among shady collectibles seekers and always offer a full refund upon return of any item and also let them know I expect it back in the same condition and packaging it was shipped to them in. Went through 3 of these disputes and came out vindicated on each one.

Usually (not always) it's the shady ones who are quick to accuse others of lying, etc.

I don't care about the money going in reverse, or paying for return shipping; I just hope he didn't damage the book initially or now that he has to send it back. Not only due to the book but then having to go through eBay to fight it.

On 6/16/2023 at 2:21 PM, manetteska said:

I just hope he didn't damage the book initially or now that he has to send it back. 

If he's just trying to scam a partial refund, then he wouldn't damage the book and would just rely on lying to get what he wants.  If he decides to return it, however, he would probably detach the centerfold on the bottom staple to support his lie and punish you for not giving him what he wants.

You said....."He is also leaving negative feedback stating I will not disclose in the future".

Did he say this to you in one of his messages before he left the feedback?  If so....eBay consider this feedback extortion, and they will remove the negative for you when he leaves one.

If selling on eBay, I would add a bold note to the listing stating that no partial refunds will be given......and only a full refund will be issued upon the return of the item.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 6/16/2023 at 3:44 PM, Domo Arigato said:
On 6/16/2023 at 2:21 PM, manetteska said:

I just hope he didn't damage the book initially or now that he has to send it back. 

If he's just trying to scam a partial refund, then he wouldn't damage the book and would just rely on lying to get what he wants.  If he decides to return it, however, he would probably detach the centerfold on the bottom staple to support his lie and punish you for not giving him what he wants.

You said....."He is also leaving negative feedback stating I will not disclose in the future".

Did he say this to you in one of his messages before he left the feedback?  If so....eBay consider this feedback extortion, and they will remove the negative for you when he leaves one.

If selling on eBay, I would add a bold note to the listing stating that no partial refunds will be given......and only a full refund will be issued upon the return of the item.

I'm fine if just the bottom staple is detached; I'm worried he will be more pissed he didn't get his refund and do something more based on the tone of his emails. I would hope if that happens eBay would see that damage not noted in his messages and side with me, but you never know. I am also playing the "what if" game, so I will wait and see what happens.

Yes, here is his additional details in the return request. At this point all I said to him was "send the book back."

image.png.43f1aac616b06a533a9ac74e277f6d33.png

I have already notified eBay of the above message and others; I have yet to receive any Feedback for this item, but I let eBay know out of the gate this guy was screwy in case more goes sideways.

And this separate message. 

93535487-070E-45A6-8445-E02E596EC02B.jpeg.6f68f933671ca8298bb391af299e3710.jpeg

Edited by manetteska

On 6/16/2023 at 2:52 PM, manetteska said:

Added 

On 6/16/2023 at 2:38 PM, manetteska said:

I'm fine if just the bottom staple is detached; I'm worried he will be more pissed he didn't get his refund and do something more based on the tone of his emails. I would hope if that happens eBay would see that damage not noted in his messages and side with me, but you never know. I am also playing the "what if" game, so I will wait and see what happens.

Yes, here is his additional details in the return request. At this point all I said to him was "send the book back."

image.png.43f1aac616b06a533a9ac74e277f6d33.png

Total nightmare pos ebayer. Dude has left 14 negative reviews in the last 6 months. Either they somehow have the worst judgment/luck with sellers or they are a shameless grifter/psychopath.

On 6/16/2023 at 2:53 PM, manetteska said:

And look what I just found:

image.png.2ace129d6f1f8c40f9070d502d5054e7.png

Wish I would have seen this earlier. And many more like this as I keep scrolling.

I hope he didn't purposefully damage my book for a partial refund.

This is feedback he's left for other purchases? Not your sale to him?

On 6/11/2023 at 8:02 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Another non-payer. A little surprised by this one since the buyer's feedback is int he thousands: starrynight20

This is a first. I got positive feedback on a sale that the buyer never paid for. Maybe he just missed that he had an unpaid item? I did send an invoice after a few days of non-payment, so the buyer would have been notified multiple times.

ScreenShot2023-06-22at12_15_19PM.thumb.png.6d7f750ae252766f1932919403938ba4.png

On 6/22/2023 at 11:21 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
On 6/16/2023 at 1:53 PM, manetteska said:

And look what I just found:

image.png.2ace129d6f1f8c40f9070d502d5054e7.png

Wish I would have seen this earlier. And many more like this as I keep scrolling.

I hope he didn't purposefully damage my book for a partial refund.

Expand  

This is feedback he's left for other purchases? Not your sale to him?

Correct; as someone else mentioned it seems like he is very difficult to please (and has the worst luck at buying on eBay; maybe he should just stop).

And he just added one more:

image.thumb.png.c1eb66686882dbb0e0f29cb0c97c79c3.png

In my case, if I did miss the detached staple at the CF, that's on me and I completely understand his disappointment. This same situation has happened to me multiple times on eBay. However, once I passed on his partial refund offer and instead wanted my book and to give him a 100% refund (including original shipping) he got very hostile.

On 6/22/2023 at 12:34 PM, manetteska said:

Correct; as someone else mentioned it seems like he is very difficult to please (and has the worst luck at buying on eBay; maybe he should just stop).

And he just added one more:

image.thumb.png.c1eb66686882dbb0e0f29cb0c97c79c3.png

In my case, if I did miss the detached staple at the CF, that's on me and I completely understand his disappointment. This same situation has happened to me multiple times on eBay. However, once I passed on his partial refund offer and instead wanted my book and to give him a 100% refund (including original shipping) he got very hostile.

Yeah, that definitely sounds like a buyer looking to invent non-existent problems to get a discount he shouldn't be getting.

On 5/16/2023 at 2:14 PM, manetteska said:

comictraders1 just got me.

I see he/she is already on the overall list but was not on mine.

No excuses (which I guess is good?) just a terse: "Sorry but I need to cancel this".

It was an auction and the bids were put in hours before it ended.

Update: While going through My eBay I noticed this non-buyer has changed his/her id to: goldenageguru  so be sure to add that one to the list as well.

I also noticed eBay will tell you if a user changed IDs (via that little purple icon) but not any information about the old IDs ..which kind of defeats the purpose.

image.png.8d19582a9e379d5afdd1857773f1fe54.png