• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

us2015-leab

0-FB non-paying shill POS who just registered last week to pump up a bunch of sales (at least 15) including one of mine.

Never paid yet immediately marked the item as "Payment sent" resulting in an "hourglass" holding pattern for me. No response to message/invoice I sent him.

Opened unpaid item claim and reported buyer. :mad:

This person ordered off my discount site, received the package and initiated a chargeback through PayPal without once trying to contact me. PayPal found in favor of the jerk because the person's charge card company supported the chargeback. So not only did the funds reverse but got a nice $20.00 chargeback fee on top of it.

Person's name is Sean Warwick and his current PayPal email address is cumisalesco@gmail.com - his email at the time of the transaction (7/7/2015) was snwseas@gmail.com

Heads up to be careful with the buyer: "Midfielddive or "www.comicsforsaleonline.com" on ebay if he bids on your books and also a reminder for non-us/Canadian sellers to use tracking

Sold a low grade Flash 139 that he claimed "didn't arrive" back in June. It was my first time shipping comics from Canada, so I didn't do tracking (shipping would've been $16) and I noticed a few sellers from here does that as well (so heads up to those sellers). After 3 weeks after shipping the book, all he asked for was specifically for tracking. Well, I guess he knew how to play the field, because no tracking if they ask for it = screwed. Maybe there's a chance it really didn't get there, so here's a reminder to use tracking for Canadian sellers or watch who you ship to if you don't use tracking. $60 Lesson learned.

Book was sent to CA, Mountain View if you were wondering.

and here's a picture: http://i.imgur.com/aj2K5gO

Would love to hear if he pulled this on any other Canadians/internationals

Edited by bonzai

Am I just lucky for never having a 'bad' buyer? This thread is over 200 pages long so it makes it seem like the problem is rather big. Do the majority of sellers get hit by a 'bad' buyer? What about multiple times? Is it that rampant?

After reading this thread, I'm wondering if Ebay knows they have a problem/loopholes making it too easy for sellers to get scammed & they just don't care.

Mike

I had a big one this time.

eBay ID is - hp21310

Real name is - Gustavo Marquez

He's in Colorado

$500 worth of comics over 53 auctions. I allowed him to combine over a period of 2 weeks. Opened NPB cases for everything and before I closed I messaged him just to see if he'd respond. Nope. He's paid and received/left feedback for other seller's items during this time as well...he's just ignoring me.

I'm going to call eBay and see if I can get him kicked off...at some point the NPB cases have to do SOMETHING to a buyer's account since we can't leave them negative feedback.

Prickling twit.

Edited by Epic Peach

I had a big one this time.

eBay ID is - hp21310

Real name is - Gustavo Marquez

He's in Colorado

$500 worth of comics over 53 auctions. I allowed him to combine over a period of 2 weeks. Opened NPB cases for everything and before I closed I messaged him just to see if he'd respond. Nope. He's paid and received/left feedback for other seller's items during this time as well...he's just ignoring me.

I'm going to call eBay and see if I can get him kicked off...at some point the NPB cases have to do SOMETHING to a buyer's account since we can't leave them negative feedback.

Prickling twit.

Sorry to hear about this. I can't stand that and then the books are locked in limbo until everything is taken care of.

Am I just lucky for never having a 'bad' buyer? This thread is over 200 pages long so it makes it seem like the problem is rather big. Do the majority of sellers get hit by a 'bad' buyer? What about multiple times? Is it that rampant?

After reading this thread, I'm wondering if Ebay knows they have a problem/loopholes making it too easy for sellers to get scammed & they just don't care.

Mike

Yes. You're lucky.

-slym

Mike

Yes. You're lucky.

-slym

Well, it's certainly a bit of luck that's for sure.

A couple of years ago I went through a spat of NPBs. Every time I'd list I'd sell about half a dozen books and one the buyers would turn into a NPB. This went on for about six months.

Then it stopped.

Since then I've had a couple slow payers, one who needed a NPB alert to goose them into paying, and a couple of transactions that were potential candidates for this thread but were enough of a grey area to shrug off.

I'm not doing anything really different than a couple of years ago, so it's definitely luck of the draw.

But at the same time, a dozen less-than-stellar transactions in three years isn't too bad either. I think everyone's bad transactions compiled in one thread makes it seem worse than it is - at least on an individual basis.

Of course, if I ever get stung on a high-dollar book I'll probably be singing a different tune.

Big big problem buyer, here:

fishyxliar

I guess I should have paid attention to the user name. "Fishy Ex Liar"....

Bought a Death in the Family set, advertised as "very high grade" (in truth, about 9.2-9.6.)

Books were, of course, quite nice, the #426 and #429 being dead 9.6, while the #427 was a borderline 9.4/9.6, and the #428 probably about a 9.2.

Buyer gets them and while I was away at Baltimore, filed a dispute (which automatically gives me a defect) and then wants to argue about the condition of the books, even "offering" to send them to CGC to "prove" they are really F/VFs.

meh

Because having no control over THAT situation would be totally smart....

In any event, told the buyer multiple times to send the books back, and he keeps wanting to argue.

Name is Ares Jones, and he/she lives in Cutler Bay, FL.

Latest message, which details the insanity:

"Exactly, you know very WELL that these comic books aren't high grade, that you were lying about the comic books grade, and in fact, still lying. Superb condition, not true at all, I'll send it to you the same way I got them, nicely packaged, because they haven't even left the table after I opened them. I can't believe you're literally trying to tell me these are above 9.0, NEAR MINT : 9.4 NEAR MINT- : 9.2 This book is an excellent copy with great eye appeal. It is vibrant and clean with supple pages. The spine may have a couple of very small stress lines at the most 1/4 inch the surface color around the line must not be noticeably broken. The spine is almost completely flat. The cover is relatively flat with almost no surface wear and the cover inks are generally bright with medium to high reflectivity. The staples may show some discoloration, but it's not too noticeable on first glance. The inside pages and covers usually will be off-white to white, but can be creamy or slightly yellowish. Here's another one, does that say PAGES ARE OFF-CENTERED TO YOU? No. Didn't think so. AND LOOK AT THAT. FINE / VERY FINE : 7.0 Slightly better condition than FINE +: 6.5, but in lesser condition than the grade above. FINE+ : 6.5 FINE : 6.0 FINE- : 5.5 This comic is definitely a well-read copy, but can still be a very desirable copy. This could have one major defect like a larger piece out of the cover (1/4 inch to 1/8 inch) or a one-inch plus tear. It has stress lines around the staples and creases from the opening and closing of the cover. The whiteness of the pages has been changed to off-white to yellowish color. This could have a reading or subscription crease or a rolled spine, but is not damaged enough to reduce eye appeal dramatically. Some discoloration, fading in colors and even minor soiling is allowed. The cover and/or inside pages could have minor tears and/or folds Cover can be loose from one staple, but cover cannot be completely detached from interior. Pages and inside covers could be brown but not brittle. Depending on the grade of the copy certain amounts are available in this grade. i.e a book that looks 8.0 with a piece of tape on the interior cover is acceptable in this grade. DID THAT JUST SAY A LOW GRADE HAS A ROLL? WHICH IS OFF CENTERED? HUH. S H O C K I N G. On top of that, I shouldn't have to pay return on damaged products, that I was lied to about. Glowing review, can't wait!"

Which, of course, is threatening negative feedback, which you can't do (or, at least, you USED to not be able to do), so I will have it removed.

Tough when you get a lunatic.

Yep he screwed himself with that glowing review comment

what does he want-partial discount?

Frankly, I don't know. I asked him to send them back, multiple times, and I would refund him.

I have no idea what his issue really is. I suspect he wants 9.8 copies, at 9.2 prices, and doesn't have any idea how to grade.

So, he gets books with a couple of CB spine tics, and it's the end of the world.

Some people just have to make drama out of nothing. He kept himself alive one more day by arguing over nothing, as just sending the comics back for a refund would be far too easy.

*sigh*

Blocked, thanks RMA.

Edited by Squall_Leonhart

What's really interesting is that he/she included pictures of the "damage":

batman%20428%203.jpg

batman%20428%202.jpg

Batman%20428.jpg

batman%20428%201.jpg

batman%20429.jpg

Oddly enough, four of them are of Batman #428, the other of #429.

What about #426 and #427....?

hm

Other than typical overhang, anybody see anything special here?