• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

Here's the original complaint:

"I was looking at these comics I recently purchased, the pages are bulging from the top, the pages are discolored, on top of that, it looks like someone reprinted the cover and then stapled it back together. This isn't "very high grade" at all, it's not even better than F/VF. Is there an explanation for this?!"

(emphasis added)

(This was sent last Wednesday, as I was on my way to B'More.)

Here's the next one:

"I messaged you a couple of days ago, regarding my purchase and you still haven't responded. I'm trying to contact you again. The comics I purchased were supposed to be "high grade", but the spine is dislocated, there's holes at the corner of the pages, the pages are extremely discolored and some of them seem to have black lines. On top of that the pages seem to be coming undone."

(emphasis added. Of course, the pages aren't "extremely discolored", but the typical OW/W to White of 1988 comics.)

Never...in nearly 20 years...have I ever heard anything so bizarre.

Seems like this guy doesn't understand pre-high-gloss page books. He's talking about the alignment & marker lines on the newsprint & the cutting tears or printing press cuts that are about as common in virtually very newsprint book I've ever owned as salt water is in the ocean.

Yep he screwed himself with that glowing review comment

what does he want-partial discount?

Frankly, I don't know. I asked him to send them back, multiple times, and I would refund him.

I have no idea what his issue really is. I suspect he wants 9.8 copies, at 9.2 prices, and doesn't have any idea how to grade.

So, he gets books with a couple of CB spine tics, and it's the end of the world.

If I had to guess, it sounds like he's quoting the written descriptions for grade designations from Overstreet or some other guide and applying them with electron-microscope precision.

I get the impression that he's relatively new to acquiring high-grade comics and has little actual hands-on experience with grading comics.

Doesn't make it any less block-worthy, just speculating on where he's coming from.

Too bad for him; he'll burn a lot of bridges before getting a handle on grading.

He didn't actually use the word "feedback", hope the the drones the in eBay customer service will be reasonable enough to see "review" as an equivilant. :wishluck:

It seems this generation thinks they are entitled to anything they want. Empathy and logic escapes to many people.

Empathy and logic indeed - here's my latest - on Saturday, someone hits BIN on five Joker books all in nice shape, and straight away sends an invoice request for combined shipping.

I send it back totaling £121.

Fully two days later, I get this :

" New message from: kazzaembleton

i cant afford that, made a mistake which does happen. i dont think the comics are worth that amount. sorry but i am not paying that "

So, hitting BIN five times and confirming five times is a mistake - what, like getting up in the morning, and putting your panties on inside out five days in a row ?

Awesome.

Yep he screwed himself with that glowing review comment

what does he want-partial discount?

Frankly, I don't know. I asked him to send them back, multiple times, and I would refund him.

I have no idea what his issue really is. I suspect he wants 9.8 copies, at 9.2 prices, and doesn't have any idea how to grade.

So, he gets books with a couple of CB spine tics, and it's the end of the world.

If I had to guess, it sounds like he's quoting the written descriptions for grade designations from Overstreet or some other guide and applying them with electron-microscope precision.

I haven't bothered to look, but I suspect it's from comicspriceguide.com or somesuch. It's clearly cut n' pasted. As Doktor said, he doesn't seem to have much of an understanding of pre-90's books.

There's more, but that's the essential gist of what he's said.

He didn't actually use the word "feedback", hope the the drones the in eBay customer service will be reasonable enough to see "review" as an equivilant. :wishluck:

He said "negative review" in another response, so that should be enough.

At first, I suspected that he might be setting up a scam, because his descriptions are so very bizarre..."dislocated spine", "reprinted cover"...but it appears now that he just doesn't know how to grade these types of books, and doesn't have a shred of humility.

Do yourselves a favor and block this guy:

Bidder:spider-dude

Name: Glenn Steinke

Here's one for the books, sold this DB 2 Spider-Gwen variants, one was NM/NM+, other was NM+/NM-MT. Was unhappy with the NM/NM+ one saying that it wasn't NM (it was, I know how to grade). I offered a full refund, which he didn't want because he wanted to keep the NM+/NM-MT one. Agreed to refund half plus return shipping, which I did immediately through paypal. Never got the book back or a follow up message, however I did get my 1st negative feedback stating 'Book wasn't NM, seller didn't issue refund"

Mind you, I have the proof from paypal that not only did I send the refund, but that he indeed got it.

After almost an hour on the phone with paypal and Ebay, Ebay won't remove the negative because they cant prove the book wasn't NM as the buyer stated, even though they agree that I did send him a refund. All of this hassle over a lousy $20 sale that I actually took a loss on. To summarize, he kept the books, kept my money and ruined my feedback rating.

Edited by Lonzilla

Here's another

asdthing_72

"Hello, I'm sorry, I did not mean to bid on this item, my son accidentally hit bid."

My response was quite good I think: "Really? He accidentally typed in the amount and hit "confirm bid" too? I'll retract your bid and you can keep the lame excuse and I'll add you to my list of blocked bidders. Later"

Maybe call back, mention seller protection. It often depends on who you get on the phone. Also when you get the email from ebay about customer service survey hammer that fool

Hey has anyone ever had a ebay member message you asking why they were blocked and you sent em a link to the post of their miscreant behavior?

I don't know if they can message you once they are blocked. well maybe if they have never sent you a message they cannot but I thought blocking someone ceased all ties with a person including getting messages

Unless eBay has changed it recently, I've had a blocked user message me and ask to be unblocked.