• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Thanks to a cool boardie, I just completed a very small EC run today. Thank you sir, love it and hope to see you in person one of these days soon! 

5B17CF5E-F6EC-41B2-A778-9991D1DB7693.jpeg

Robot Man, read your PM's.

50 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

Well try checking again, here's my up grade for Saddle Romances # 9.

Not cheap at all but after 20 plus years trying to upgrade, I figured I better buy it.

saddle romances 9.jpg

Nice upgrade! I am happy as heck giving your cast off a good home. A vg+ copy turned up on the bay about a month ago. I was blown out of the water when it closed at over $600. 

The romance ECs are on fire when they turn up. I’m still missing a few Modern Loves. Don’t have much hope but then one floats my way. Thanks! 

22 hours ago, grendelbo said:

G'day all.

I've been lurking in many forums for quite a while now. Today I perused this one (again) and for the first time I decided to post content.

These books are currently on display in my bedroom. I enjoy juxtaposing the reprints with the originals.

The TFTC 22 I bought 30+ years ago when I was 14 or 15. Of course I'm partial to the cover and comic since it's in my collection, but I feel it may not get the love it deserves and holds it's own against any New Trend issue. It's satisfying that it made the cover for the first volume of the EC Archives.

The COT 17 was purchased about 15 years ago. It's a beater and is missing 1/3 of the back cover. There's a few comicbooks in my modest collection I feel especially blessed and lucky to own. This and my Spirit Section June 2, 1940 are probably at the top of that list.

Crypt of Terror 17.jpg

Welcome to the forums!  Always happy to have another EC Fan-Addict join us here.

7 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

The Vault was opened! 
That must have been an incredible experience.

Well, it wasn’t quite that exciting. Apparently, he would have someone pull a handful of copies at the printer, wrap them in brown paper and stashed them in a closet in his apartment. 

On 6/3/2021 at 3:38 PM, grendelbo said:

G'day all.

I've been lurking in many forums for quite a while now. Today I perused this one (again) and for the first time I decided to post content.

These books are currently on display in my bedroom. I enjoy juxtaposing the reprints with the originals.

The TFTC 22 I bought 30+ years ago when I was 14 or 15. Of course I'm partial to the cover and comic since it's in my collection, but I feel it may not get the love it deserves and holds it's own against any New Trend issue. It's satisfying that it made the cover for the first volume of the EC Archives.

The COT 17 was purchased about 15 years ago. It's a beater and is missing 1/3 of the back cover. There's a few comicbooks in my modest collection I feel especially blessed and lucky to own. This and my Spirit Section June 2, 1940 are probably at the top of that list.

Crypt of Terror 17.jpg

Tales from the Crypt 1.jpg

Tales from the Crypt 22.jpg

20210603_155019.jpg

Welcome to the boards officially! Always room for another ghoulantic here.

22 minutes ago, grendelbo said:

Thanks for the welcomes.

Whether it's New Trend or New Direction, I must have a penchant for the Dead.

This is a fairly new addition. The cover has really grown on me. Such bold yellow. The issue itself kind of doesn't matter too much yet (I still need to jailbreak and read it). It's the pedigree that matters.

It's a 5.5 and the picture has been cropped since it was graded by another company.

When two great loves collide!

Extra 3 CBCS 5.5 Jerry Garcia Collection.jpg

20210604_165640.jpg

Super cool provenance on that one, I would love to have one of the Garcia books.  I've got a Gary Arlington Shock Suspenstories, a Don & Maggie Thompson Panic, and even an 80's issue of MAD that's a Gaines File Copy.

13 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Super cool provenance on that one, I would love to have one of the Garcia books.  I've got a Gary Arlington Shock Suspenstories, a Don & Maggie Thompson Panic, and even an 80's issue of MAD that's a Gaines File Copy.

There's been a few issues offered up on eBay this past year or so. I think there was Crime Suspenstories 22 from Jerry's collection but it sold way out of my price range. Had I bought the 22 it would've likely surpassed any other comicbook in my collection. And I really love my top books. The issue I have gives me good vibes just looking at it and imagining Jerry reading and enjoying it. I really appreciate it's provenance.

Edited by grendelbo
spelling