• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,350 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Raze said:

I finally got a BIG book today! This is by far the most Ive spent on a single book.

A little story about this book...I worked a side job for 3 months on Saturdays and was saving half for a family trip and half for my C2E2 trip in December and built up around $1200 for C2E2 not a lot but its around what I normally take. But I bought a few books and this is one of them, now Im down to $320 and the side work has dried up.

Im happy to have this book dont get me wrong but I love C2E2 and Chicago in general and look forward to it every year. I guess I won't have to look for a copy when Im at C2E2!

Also I need One more issue of Shock for the run (8) should I spend the C2E2 money and knock it out and hope the side work comes back???

Scan 2021-6-25 21.51.34.jpg

Awesome pick-up, Raze!  Glad you finally scored a copy before they stopped being merely difficult and became impossible.

For what it's worth, I spent more than 2x on my copy than my next most expensive book.

Just now, OtherEric said:

Awesome pick-up, Raze!  Glad you finally scored a copy before they stopped being merely difficult and became impossible.

For what it's worth, I spent more than 2x on my copy than my next most expensive book.

I won it on ebay for $680 shipped ( I dont care if everyone knows its not like Im bragging! Plus tou could find it under finished sales) it ended on a Tuesday at 1pm. I think thats why I won it, maybe not. 

The biggest buy I ever had was 8 books for $700. 

13 hours ago, Raze said:

I finally got a BIG book today! This is by far the most Ive spent on a single book.

A little story about this book...I worked a side job for 3 months on Saturdays and was saving half for a family trip and half for my C2E2 trip in December and built up around $1200 for C2E2 not a lot but its around what I normally take. But I bought a few books and this is one of them, now Im down to $320 and the side work has dried up.

Im happy to have this book dont get me wrong but I love C2E2 and Chicago in general and look forward to it every year. I guess I won't have to look for a copy when Im at C2E2!

Also I need One more issue of Shock for the run (8) should I spend the C2E2 money and knock it out and hope the side work comes back???

Scan 2021-6-25 21.51.34.jpg

Congrats! Such a great book. Just when I pulled even with you, you pulled ahead!

18 hours ago, Raze said:

I won it on ebay for $680 shipped 

Three months ago on The Bay I paid a hammer price of $811 (totaled $900 after tax and shipping) for my copy, which might be just a bit higher in grade than yours, so I believe your price, and mine, are representative of market value these inflationary days, LOL.

Shock SS 6.jpg

21 minutes ago, fifties said:

Three months ago on The Bay I paid a hammer price of $811 (totaled $900 after tax and shipping) for my copy, which might be just a bit higher in grade than yours, so I believe your price, and mine, are representative of market value these inflationary days, LOL.

Shock SS 6.jpg

Nice copy! I might have bid on that one…I dont remember.