• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Raze said:

Its been awhile since I showed off some of my new books so I thought Id scan them and share!

VOH 29 (cover split and detached)

SSS 3 (needs a press!)

TFT 40 

Scan 2021-5-28 21.32.49.jpg

Such brilliant use of zip-a-tone. 

On 5/29/2021 at 10:45 AM, conan09279 said:

Two new additions. I thought the stories in these two issues were some of the weaker ones I’ve read.

B0A8720B-2B36-402E-9565-FB3776F81775.jpeg

F20725C0-4151-40E0-A25F-9ED4E7279FC8.jpeg

I don't remember every story, but I love the Graham Ingels HOF story in CS 8.

Edited by Larryw7

On 5/30/2021 at 2:44 PM, OtherEric said:

It’s how they did the shading on the cover.  I would elaborate, but I can’t remember which method is zip-a-tone and which is BenDay dots, and I don’t want to give the wrong explanation 

Zip-a-tone is a translucent film with a pattern printed on it. Had a tacky background. You would place it on a piece of art and trim it out with an exacto knife. I believe BenDay is basically the same thing. I used to use it a lot in my early days of graphic design. 

13 hours ago, fifties said:

Came in today from HA.  CGC graded 7.0 before I jail broke it out.  Now I have TOT numbers 2 and 3.  Anyone have a #1 for sale or trade, LOL?

Tales Of Terror 3.jpg

Very nice and pretty copy fifties. I have always loved the annuals. You will probably have to stand in a long line for a #1...