• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Raze said:

I found this on Ebay and the username seemed familiar, I thought it was a fellow boardie, so I asked and it was! 

So Thank you @nochips for the most Ive spend on a romance book! But its an EC!!!

Art looks great cant wait to read it...sometime this year...

Scan 2021-5-20 21.35.48.jpg

I really do need to get at least one of the Picto-Fiction books into my collection as an example.  But I wasn't terribly impressed when I read the Shock Illustrated digital archive that just came out on Comixology.

Great pickup, Raze!

Edited by OtherEric

21 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I really do need to get at least one of the Picto-Fiction books into my collection as an example.  But I wasn't terribly impressed when I read the Shock Illustrated digital archive that just came out on Comixology.

Great pickup, Raze!

I remember reading my Shock Illustrated 1 and enjoying it! I haven't read Shock 2 yet. They are a bit long story wise.

31 minutes ago, EastEnd1 said:

I remember reading somewhere that it was 50 copies of Shock Illustrated #3... maybe Grant Geissman's book?  There were a few pristine copies in the Gaines files though and a couple of them came to market about 10-12 years ago.  I felt very lucky to have gotten this one.  At the time, I was trying to complete an entire picto-fiction collection and I never thought I'd get this one...

shock illustrated #3.jpg

That number sounds about right. If my memory serves they only hand bound enough for the subscriptions that were outstanding and then maybe a handful more (likely the GFCs).

3 hours ago, IngelsFan said:

That number sounds about right. If my memory serves they only hand bound enough for the subscriptions that were outstanding and then maybe a handful more (likely the GFCs).

I would agree with that as well. I have owned two copies and stupidly sold them both. I have seen a few for sale in the last ten years. TOT Annual #1 gets all the love but I think this is equally as scarce. 

I don’t recall GF copies of this but could be wrong.