• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2021 at 10:27 AM, aardvark88 said:

Wonder how they got the rights to do a puzzle of EC Wally Wood cover art per Diamond's Scoop:

https://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home/4/1/73/1020?articleID=255691

At the risk of stating the obvious... they asked?  For decades, the Gaines estate seems to have a nice level of letting decent products be made without just letting any cheap hack turn something out for a quick buck.

On 10/25/2021 at 7:09 AM, chrisco37 said:

Not sure if there has been any discussion here or not about this book.  I saw it at the Bmore Con this weekend.  Being auctioned thru Hakes.   

Tales of Terror Annual #3 - CGC 9.6

8B077C7D-3228-4CE1-85E9-FA257F62FA33.jpeg

I've seen lots of vintage HG books over the years.  I've never seen an old book that looks as good as this one.  When I first saw it in the Hakes display I thought it was a reprint.  It looks almost fake.   The colors just pop and the whites are the brightest whites I've ever seen on a book this old.   It literally looks like it just came off the press (even thru the slab).  The picture doesn't do it justice.  I couldn't (still can't) believe it.   

Apparently there are no Gaines Files of the annuals (didn't know that).  

Closed for $27,258. Wow, that is serious change. Was apparently un-read. Anybody know the record for an EC annual?

On 11/21/2021 at 5:31 PM, Robot Man said:

Nice books and all present well in those grades. With prices are where they are right now, books like this are right in my wheel house now.

Glad to see some one else appreciates those Yak Yaks. Just wonderful books. Very detailed Jack Davis cover to cover.

And you will appreciate this Ghastly. I very recently just bought this from a friend who is selling off his collection. Every function works perfectly. Nice upgrade for me, scares the Hell out of the dogs!

D3AFEACD-B40F-482C-A10A-63257831B2E0.jpeg

That is a gorgeous Great Garloo @Robot Man! Congratulations!🎉🍾 🥳