• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2021 at 6:41 PM, OtherEric said:

A fun $2 pickup at ECCC today:

Crypt_of_Terror_1_East_Coast.jpg

The EC reprints from the seventies were great. A great warm up to collecting the real thing.

On 12/8/2021 at 3:56 PM, damonwad said:

Here's one I bought earlier this year (along with my favorite story from the book). I read reprints of probably 75% of the EC line about 25 years ago but slowly started buying originals over the last 2 years. 

1820734586_WeirdScience8.thumb.JPG.dcb354724b02bb9653d65fecfc8531c7.JPG

1878777450_WeirdScience8(page).thumb.JPG.7f5d685d82e87bed7fc4ea5f6028d478.JPG

Awesome pick up-that story is the inspiration for the chest burster scene in Alien.

On 12/10/2021 at 1:33 PM, fifties said:

HA win finally received. 

>Shameless Plug< will be posting my under copy in the sales forum shortly.

Crime SS 16.jpg

An awesome book. One that flew under the radar for such a long time. A friend of mine loved it so much he actually had a tat of it on his leg. I don't love anything that much at this point. 

On 12/11/2021 at 10:33 AM, KirbyJack said:

Very nice, C.S, C.S.!

OK! I mentioned a bit back that I'm drawn to the early issues that have the "Introducing A New Trend" boxes on the covers. They have a pattern: the first two issues of a title go with "Introducing", and the third uses "Featuring". This is true of Vault, Haunt, Crypt, and Weird Science, but with Weird Fantasy it's different. There we get the first two, but we don't get the third until issue 6!

Here is Weird Science 14.

Classic Comic Cover Corner – Weird Science #14 | | tucsonlocalmedia.com

Here is Weird Fantasy 6

Weird Fantasy #6 (EC, 1951) Condition: VG.... Golden Age | Lot #13975 |  Heritage Auctions

My hypothesis is that the covers were intended to be released one directly after the other, but someone got nervous about it at the last minute, and decided to save the WF cover for later. I'm sure this has been well covered by E.C. fans, but I haven't read it anywhere.

Interesting. I never thought of that before...

On 12/12/2021 at 7:02 AM, ha G-G is © ® ™ said:

Just in

tyhtjt.jpg

Many years ago, I saw the original art to that cover at SDCC. It was simply striking! I stood and looked for a while and realized it was one thing my wife just wouldn’t let me hang up in the house. She is pretty permissive but that would be a no no. For that reason, and of course, the price, I just had to walk away. Later it was gone to some lucky collector. I still wonder where it is now.