• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

Do they always have to change a classic character's sex or race just for the sake of diversity. I was hoping for an old bald dude.

Your private life is your own. :whistle:

That is the first comic book movie trailer to give me goosebumps in....I don't know how long.

I was sort of feeling a bit...meh...about the movie until now....now I can't hardly stand the anticipation of longer trailers.

-Terry

Do they always have to change a classic character's sex or race just for the sake of diversity. I was hoping for an old bald dude.
looks like the same actress that played the genderless angel in (Keanu Reeves) Constantine. Implies transcending gender is a higher state of being (ala Heaven's Gate suicide cult).

looks like the same actress that played the genderless angel in (Keanu Reeves) Constantine. Implies transcending gender is a higher state of being (ala Heaven's Gate suicide cult).

Which make sense. If your consciousness is leaving your corporeal form then gender should be irrelevant.

she is

she is

I liked her in that role. A psycho angel.

:whee:

Looks like a "mustseeonthebigscreen" Movie :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... who's directing this again ?

Scott Derrickson. He directed Sinister & The Exorcism of Emily Rose & a few other horror movies. He's got an eye towards the mind-screwy & horror type movies.

What I thought was strange was an Old asian man wasn't minority enough? Can't count on all my fingers how many strong female characters have been in superhero movies conversely can't think of a single asian male character off the top of my head. Maybe sunfire was in an X movie I haven't seen all of those.

What I thought was strange was an Old asian man wasn't minority enough? Can't count on all my fingers how many strong female characters have been in superhero movies conversely can't think of a single asian male character off the top of my head. Maybe sunfire was in an X movie I haven't seen all of those.

that's what struck me... a white lady replace a potential Asian actor..oh well.