• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

His cape looks like a prop not something someone would actually wear. Villain looks like standard type 2 villain. There's type one the smirking cocky villain and type 2 the grim uber powerful humorless villain.

People actually wear capes? In the real world?

Like at the opera?

'Would' actually wear.

It just doesn't look like it is a worn item but a prop item if that makes sense. I used to do theater and costumes have a certain look. Whereas something actually worn, looks different.

I'm a little confused as to what you mean by what is worn vs. prop, because he definitely is wearing it and doing stunts in it rather successfully.

In terms of how it looks... Well, it is a comic book movie after all. hm Do you judge Cap for carrying a shield around simply because normal people wouldn't do that? Dr. Strange is meant to essentially look like a highly imposing magician.

Unrealistic, you're right about that. But straight out of the pages of the comic? Absolutely.

It's a bit hard to explain. If someone did wear a cape daily, it wouldn't be attached in such an awkward way. He is doing stunts but we don't see the spots where wardrobe had to come in and re attach it etc. Cap's shield looks fine because it looks like a shield someone would actually carry and use.

People actually wear capes? In the real world?

Like at the opera?

I asked these two guys about wearing capes and they said it was cool.

The weird guy behind them kept muttering Martha, Martha, Martha.

Muffins.

DR STRANGER Trailer To Debut Next Week

:o

On Tuesday, April 12th, Actor Benedict Cumberbatch will appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live, alongside Clark Gregg, to personally share the first trailer from Dr. Strange. More and more footage has been caught of Cumberbatch in the suit, and I can't wait to see what Marvel does with the property.

Marvel isn't stopping there, though, as the entire cast of Captain America: Civil War will be appearing on Kimmel's show on April 11th (Team Cap) and 13th (Team Iron Man). Thor's Chris Hemsworth will round out the Marvel-centric shows on April 14th.

DR STRANGER Trailer To Debut Next Week

:o

On Tuesday, April 12th, Actor Benedict Cumberbatch will appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live, alongside Clark Gregg, to personally share the first trailer from Dr. Strange. More and more footage has been caught of Cumberbatch in the suit, and I can't wait to see what Marvel does with the property.

Marvel isn't stopping there, though, as the entire cast of Captain America: Civil War will be appearing on Kimmel's show on April 11th (Team Cap) and 13th (Team Iron Man). Thor's Chris Hemsworth will round out the Marvel-centric shows on April 14th.

bovBgtM.gif

Damn...that looks good!

Even Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One looks good.

I still think Mads Mikkelsen is Dormmamu...just more of a human form. Willing to bet the "flaming pumpkin head" will be CGI later in the movie.