• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Damn, if I didn't already have so many of these I'd have been all over it for my PC.

I haven't mastered the art of flipping so until I do, I'm not going to practice on $700 sets.

But that is pretty darn good for the full complete set. :cool:

I assumed he uploaded the wrong picture, since he also had a sketched one for sale. Someone asked and he said no, this was the non-sketched one, but I still assumed it was the wrong picture. He did not specifically say the slab was mislabeled.

It crossed my mind the next day, so I asked Court about it via PM, and he said it was mislabeled. I asked to return it, and he responded that it was too late.

Saturday he provided tracking information, which showed it was picked up Saturday, the day after I requested to return it. Apparently printing a shipping label means it's too late to return it.

First of all... I asked in the sales thread about the label (I think someone else did too) and, honestly, Court's reply was a little vague to me. Something about the QA process at CGC - so I can see how someone may have been confused by it!

Second, I've seen items I've mailed listed as 'picked up' the day after I dropped them off at the post office.

This happens when you print a label at home, and then they scan it in a sorting facility. So... it doesn't necessarily mean he mailed it Saturday.

Actually, he shipped me a book on Friday, so that makes it even more likely it could have been a situation like this.

By the way... sorry you feel called out like this, I was surprised when I saw your name next to the listing, I always thought of you as a guy that mostly holds on to the books he buys, so don't feel discouraged, I doubt anyone meant anything much by it.

(thumbs u

The book was shipped Friday, but everything USPS around here has been delayed due to bad weather, so I'm not surprised that the label wasn't scanned until Saturday. I've had books that were delivered before tracking even entered the system, so nothing about USPS surprises me! lol

Yeah, I was just joking. It's your book - you are certainly free to do whatever you like with it! I have no problem whatsoever for you looking to sell. I hope you make money on it.

And, hey - if it makes you feel better, I'm sure Jon will slap me next time regardless. He doesn't seem to need a "good reason" for it. Ha.

I have a family emergency and therefore I have to sell some of my comics. I will be selling all of my Enormous issues soon and would like to give the board the first chance of acquiring them. All of my issues are 9.8 candidates that I had planned on submitting to CGC. This is no longer an option for me so if you’re interested please send me a PM. Here is a list of what I have. Let me know if any of you guys are interested before Sunday night. My plan is to sell them on Monday. If I’m doing something wrong by posting this here please let me know and I will delete the post. I’m just trying to give the board first crack at these comics. I’m not looking for top dollar but I’m also not giving them away. I’m just looking for a fair price. I’m sure if you send them to CGC you will make a nice profit on the transaction.

Here’s what I have. As mentioned above these copies are 9.8 candidates. They should all receive either a 9.6 or 9.8 grade from CGC. All copies are first prints.

1a – 2 copies

1b – 1 copy

1 phantom – 5 copies

2a – 2 copies

2b – 2 copies

4 – 4 copies. I can’t remember the actual breakdown but I will get the information.

5 – 6 copies. I can’t remember the actual breakdown but I will get the information.

6a – 4 copies

6b – 4 copies

CGC 9.8 issues

4a

4b

5a

It looks like 1a is staying strong. A copy is over $60 with days to go on eBay.

It's just a matter of time before it past the phantom copy in value. All I have

is two copies dam.

Edited by Iqc23

is two copies dam.

IMO it will never eclipse the Phantom #1 just because of print run numbers. I might be wrong but with a print run under 600 the Phantom will be almost impossible to find as more fans come along .

is two copies dam.

IMO it will never eclipse the Phantom #1 just because of print run numbers. I might be wrong but with a print run under 600 the Phantom will be almost impossible to find as more fans come along .

This is my thinking on the matter. If we could only have either 1A or the Phantom, which would we choose ? I would take the 1A because when the book first came out, this is the one that best portrayed what is in the story to me with art by Mehdi. If I could only have 1 piece of original art, 1A would also be the choice. That doesn't mean 1A will have a higher value but probably a much higher demand so I see it as at least a possibility. 2c

is two copies dam.

This is my thinking on the matter. If we could only have either 1A or the Phantom, which would we choose ? I would take the 1A because when the book first came out, this is the one that best portrayed what is in the story to me with art by Mehdi. If I could only have 1 piece of original art, 1A would also be the choice. That doesn't mean 1A will have a higher value but probably a much higher demand so I see it as at least a possibility. 2c

Get.

Both.

:grin:

Going to be interesting

The Phantom has a bunch of 9.8 registered (48 registered 9.8)

The 1A has the most float of the major 4 issue ones (38 registered 9.8)

The Hastings has the least 9.8 registered , and may be hard to find at high grade if this book becomes a screamer, with the inherent cover (white) issues. (16 registered 9.8)

The 1B has a lot of registered 9.8s and I think may grade the easiest (48 registered 9.8)

yeah... im not much of a grader... but i guarantee my 2 phantoms are 9.8... i cant find anything wrong with them, even with a magnifying glass... and i only ordered 2... so if they all came like that from mile high i think there will be a ton... i also have 2 1A that are 9.6 maybe 9.8... i dont know if i should submit them now... or wait...

yeah... im not much of a grader... but i guarantee my 2 phantoms are 9.8... i cant find anything wrong with them, even with a magnifying glass... and i only ordered 2... so if they all came like that from mile high i think there will be a ton... i also have 2 1A that are 9.6 maybe 9.8... i dont know if i should submit them now... or wait...

There will be a lot of 9.8s with a few 9.9s on all the covers. The paper stock is high quality. It's up to you when to get them graded. Nobody can really tell you that. I'm going to get most of mine graded this summer.

the 1A cover is so gorgeous... while i think the phantom is cool... it just doesnt have the same awe factor... i think they will be head to head, and stay that way... 1A because of its beauty and the phantom because of the print run... as far as submitting... im thinking of just waiting till denver comic con to submit there along with the rest of the run so i can save on shipping/insurance...