• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I got a feeling once the TPB comes out you'll see those numbers start creeping up. I pre ordered three of them just so I can share. :grin:

I only found one place online pre-selling the TPB.

I tried to order three copies for myself, but it only let me order two... and then it was sold out afterwards.

I guess I got the last two copies from that site. :grin:

Dare I ask how many TPB are being printed? :whistle:

All six issues to date. Numbers straight from the publisher. First number below the issue is "actual" printed books, which includes exclusives and variants. The second figure is "shipped" through Diamond. So we satisfy our commissioned exclusives outside of the Diamond system and therefore the reported numbers always look low.

We're climbing. Steadily. And that's great.

5270 - 4970

2980 - 2570

2590 - 2360

2590 - 2350

5010 - 4530

5620 - 5380

5900 – 5120

TPB VOL1. should come in around 2k. Not bad. Puts us in the Top 50 most likely.

All six issues to date. Numbers straight from the publisher. First number below the issue is "actual" printed books, which includes exclusives and variants. The second figure is "shipped" through Diamond. So we satisfy our commissioned exclusives outside of the Diamond system and therefore the reported numbers always look low.

5270 - 4970

2980 - 2570

2590 - 2360

2590 - 2350

5010 - 4530

5620 - 5380

5900 – 5120

Even if your numbers leveled out at 6k - and I doubt that is going to happen - this would still have to be considered a real success, especially from such a small publisher. Getting the trade into as many people's hands as possible, and getting the distribution issues cleared up should go a long way toward's acquiring more readers.

Also... are there any FCBD plans? Nothing entices readers like 'free'.

5270 - 4970

2980 - 2570

2590 - 2360

2590 - 2350

5010 - 4530

5620 - 5380

5900 – 5120

So the first #1 would include 1A, 1B, and the Phantom ? I'm guessing the second #1 was the one with Ellen on the stairs and the NYCC 2nd prints. Is that right ? Either way on the increase of month to month sales. I think it is quite the statement that #5 and #6 both exceeded the #1 first print sales. :applause:

All of the second prints have to fit in to the second #1 category. So I'd guess that means everything except for 1A, 1B, and the Phantom? There may be other first print first issues I'm unaware of, but I'd guess that has to be the system at play here.

They considered that, and may have gone with it, despite some strong opinions from us about NOT doing it. I thought the creative team had decided against it, and maybe they did but it was already in the works for Previews and Advance. Or, maybe they did what they initially wanted, which is their right of course.