• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

the 1A cover is so gorgeous... while i think the phantom is cool... it just doesnt have the same awe factor... i think they will be head to head, and stay that way... 1A because of its beauty and the phantom because of the print run... as far as submitting... im thinking of just waiting till denver comic con to submit there along with the rest of the run so i can save on shipping/insurance...

100% agree, especially the bolded part. Well said sir! (thumbs u

I just read the surprise Tim sent and it was great ! I liked the field guide and think its a great way to bring people up to speed. Especially collectors trying to determine 1st appearances. The monsters were cool too but for me, the Colossal preview stole the show. I was looking forward to just 1 Enormous book but the is another ! :banana:

@Tim, thank you for sharing this stuff. I think its incredible that you let a number of us go on this ride with you. I wish you nothing but success. (thumbs u

Found 2 x #1 in the $1 bin at a small local show....

Funny I saw a guy with 2 copies and I started chatting with him, asked him if he was reading the series...He said he was starting and offered me one of his copies.. then he told me there was a third copy in the bin and showed me where...I bought my 2 and paid for his one copy... not bad for $1 :)

Funny I saw a guy with 2 copies and I started chatting with him, asked him if he was reading the series...He said he was starting and offered me one of his copies.. then he told me there was a third copy in the bin and showed me where...I bought my 2 and paid for his one copy... not bad for $1 :)

Wow, that is incredibly lucky - almost unbelievably lucky considering the low print run these guys had.

Are they nice copies?

@SquareChaos, love the new icon/avatar (thumbs u

Thanks! I love everything about the character visually (which is odd considering the single palette tone) - I just wish I could have found something that included balloon, but the 75x75 limit enforces some compromise right out of the gate.

Wow, that is incredibly lucky - almost unbelievably lucky considering the low print run these guys had.

Are they nice copies?

Very lucky.. they are minty fresh :)

Are they nice copies?

Very lucky.. they are minty fresh :)

Even better - congratulations on that find, that must have been fun!

def seems like issues 2 and 3 are cooling down... ive managed to snag 2a,2b,3a for 10 bucks a pop... 2a and 2b came in the mail today and are nm+ or better... and just ordered 3a from the same seller... and looks like its in same condition... hoping some of the hype is wearing off so the reaping can begin...

uGNkHmh.gif

Edited by zupaphly

def seems like issues 2 and 3 are cooling down... ive managed to snag 2a,2b,3a for 10 bucks a pop... 2a and 2b came in the mail today and are nm+ or better... and just ordered 3a from the same seller... and looks like its in same condition... hoping some of the hype is wearing off so the reaping can begin...

I'm surprised 2 and 3 got cheaper so quickly considering their rarity.

I doubt 1A will ever drop below a $40ish book while there is media news hovering around.

Print Run for #6:

#350 Enormous 6 $3.99 215 Ink 3,774

These always seem to be a little low, so probably mid 4s.

Unfortunately, going down in numbers...#4 was 4,636 (Couldn't find #5)

BUT, hopefully that changes with the media news and the upcoming trade.

I think 7K guesstimate is pushing it for #7; lets hope it get back up to 5K range.

Plenty of #5s and #6s still at Midtown if you want to order.

My fast track books are on their way home, I had one book that I thought had a possibility of coming back 9.6, but apparently CGC thought two of them were 9.6. So I'm a little disappointed with that, but happy to have gotten a few other 9.8.

My fast track books are on their way home, I had one book that I thought had a possibility of coming back 9.6, but apparently CGC thought two of them were 9.6. So I'm a little disappointed with that, but happy to have gotten a few other 9.8.

What did you submit?

Print Run for #6:

I think 7K guesstimate is pushing it for #7; lets hope it get back up to 5K range.

That is absolutely ridiculous imo. People are missing something special with this one. I'm glad I got mine. I can wait to get the TPB, then I'll share with others. lol

What did you submit?

I sent the best 4 #1s I had, unfortunately, it was my poorest ever modern submission result at only 50% 9.8 doh!

I sent 3 x 1A and 1 x Hastings. I was as certain as you can be that the Hastings would come back a 9.8. I was pretty sure one of the 1A had a better than average shot at coming back 9.6, but I figured I'd chance it. No idea why a second 1A also pulled a 9.6. I must have missed something or someone at CGC was cranky that morning.

Print Run for #6:

That is absolutely ridiculous imo. People are missing something special with this one. I'm glad I got mine. I can wait to get the TPB, then I'll share with others. lol

I got a feeling once the TPB comes out you'll see those numbers start creeping up. I pre ordered three of them just so I can share. :grin: