• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Pretty sure it is true.

I don't think a single Boardie agreed with the whole mini idea.

Not sure why he even bothered to ask, to be honest.

I am sure the deadline for Previews and Advance is early- they may not have made or changed their decision in time to undo it. He has been straight with us- let's wait and see what the explanation is.

Pretty sure it is true.

I don't think a single Boardie agreed with the whole mini idea.

Not sure why he even bothered to ask, to be honest.

I am sure the deadline for Previews and Advance is early- they may not have made or changed their decision in time to undo it. He has been straight with us- let's wait and see what the explanation is.

Fair enough.

I am curious to hear what he says as well.

The numbering for the next book is Vol.2 #1 ?

Midtown Comics

Earlier in this thread he posted this during the re-numbering discussion:

tumblr_nkatrcFjnf1tuk6gvo1_1280.jpg

And then later posted that he got the message "loud and clear" regarding our disapproval of renumbering the issues.

So maybe some of these covers were already in the works but not yet finalized.

At least I hope they're not finalized.

Will this actually hurt the value of the first issues... Considering it says Season instead of chapter, volume, yadda yadda... It's gonna be a tv show... tv shows are in seasons... And I don't know about you guys... But I don't start watching tv series at season 2 or 3...

Vol 2 # 1 (of 6) , Wow absolutely no legacy there. Your telling everyone right off the bat, first off this story has been playing for a bit (no idea how long), and don't expect it to be around for a while ..... as its only 6 issues

I certainly hope this is not a final. We now just have a mini series book if its true, so much harder to build reader loyalty. I guess they will see # 1 sell a bit more to speculators but damn, I'm a new reader and I see a book labeled Vol 2 , #5 would I buy it? I doubt it.

Anyway its all speculation at this point, lets wait for Tim to give us the details. It may be, that this is the only way we get the book at all.

It's clear as the fans of the series that NO ONE is on board with this new numbering. 215 ink, Movie Execs, Creators, and everyone else please take note.

I missed the earlier discussion, and while I personally prefer continuous numbering, it might make sense in this case to start over with a new #1, but I'd make it #1 of a new ongoing series. The print numbers are so low of the first 6 issues that I can see potential readers picking up the trade but then buying monthly if they can jump on with a #1 issue, whereas if they continue with the existing numbering people may trade-wait if they're the types not to collect a run unless they can get the whole run

It's clear as the fans of the series that NO ONE is on board with this new numbering. 215 ink, Movie Execs, Creators, and everyone else please take note.

I missed the earlier discussion, and while I personally prefer continuous numbering, it might make sense in this case to start over with a new #1, but I'd make it #1 of a new ongoing series. The print numbers are so low of the first 6 issues that I can see potential readers picking up the trade but then buying monthly if they can jump on with a #1 issue, whereas if they continue with the existing numbering people may trade-wait if they're the types not to collect a run unless they can get the whole run

I can understand trying to get a fresh group aboard for a #1 but making it a 1-6 just leaves question marks. What will happen at the end of issue 6? Another reboot? Just have multiple chapters of 1-6? Just seems to make things confusing in the long run. There's been a lot of comparisons with this book and Walking Dead. One of the main reasons I've enjoyed Walking Dead is because it is a continuous story. IMO if you want more people to jump on board with #1 just have a second or third printing and the TPB. But, If it is going to be a reboot to get more people on board for a #1 then make it a continuous run.

Edited by bighaley21

This is not good IMO. How is a new reader going to know that after issue #6 it then goes to vol 2 #1 and not a 7? Is this a new timeline of the story? If not this makes no sense and sounds like a Marvel tactic to get new people to buy a new all new #1.

doh!

Edited by natevegas