• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

I think we could all agree that there is more good than bad going on in this thread. As for the rest of the noise, guess what it's like that in every thread on the CGC boards. Name me one thread that doesn't have bullying, difference of opinions, people who don't like each other etc

I've come to terms that this board is never going to change as far as the issues above. It is what it is.

Despite all that, there is so much here than that noise (I know it makes up the majority of the pages) but just look past that.

I think itsjustryan posted it perfectly the other day.

see an item you like, take it, post an item someone would like, repeat etc

if you don't like the item, or the item isn't to snuff, then let it expire etc

Peach (my version of peace)

$$$$ shouldn't matter

Aren't most of the perceived issues with PIF is people taking big ticket offerings and offering up drek? Money typically defines drek.

True-but drek to me is more Shadowhawk II # 3-now the previous poster can certainly veto, but Chip has made it well known where his income falls. I think he legitimately is trying to offer a package thriftily that's made somewhat of a theme.

I think Chip sounds like a great guy and I wish him a quick financial turn-around but I see his offer as a step down compared to the two Spiderman books. I have no veto power so I guess we will just see how things go.

Fine, I'll switch it up. I thought they were cool books and I thought I offered enough of them where the value was there. My mistake. Let me eat lunch and then post something else that's "socially acceptable."

Peace,

Chip

True-but drek to me is more Shadowhawk II # 3-now the previous poster can certainly veto, but Chip has made it well known where his income falls. I think he legitimately is trying to offer a package thriftily that's made somewhat of a theme.

I agree, but in fact the criticism I could move to Chip‘s current offer is precisely the books are too mixed: I understand there are many series I am unfamiliar with, as they have never been published in Italy, but I would find more interesting a package – say – all of Little Lulu, or all of Classics Illustrated, rather than one so mixed, so to speak.

Now I just hope no one offers Topix or Treasure Chests I am interested in when I have just picked an offer! :D

Edited by vaillant

Fine, I'll switch it up. I thought they were cool books and I thought I offered enough of them where the value was there. My mistake. Let me eat lunch and then post something else that's "socially acceptable."

Peace,

Chip

how dare you eat lunch first

:jokealert:

I think we could all agree that there is more good than bad going on in this thread. As for the rest of the noise, guess what it's like that in every thread on the CGC boards. Name me one thread that doesn't have bullying, difference of opinions, people who don't like each other etc

I've come to terms that this board is never going to change as far as the issues above. It is what it is.

Despite all that, there is so much here than that noise (I know it makes up the majority of the pages) but just look past that.

I think itsjustryan posted it perfectly the other day.

see an item you like, take it, post an item someone would like, repeat etc

if you don't like the item, or the item isn't to snuff, then let it expire etc

Peach (my version of peace)

Sounds great in principal. Lets see how things go once we have a few offers expire.

Lets have them expire, at some point we need to let the process happen to see if it works. if it doesn't, then we keep putting rule, idea etc without knowing if the actual base (rules) is sufficient to withstand the long haul.

Finally, it's great to see so many people offering opinions etc. It shows that people really care about this Thread (it's not a real tree people, there are no branches, leaves etc). I think HS appreciates that as well, I certainly do.

I think whenever anyone has made a good point, I've 1+ them etc

You didn't +1 any of my comments :sorry:
:sorry: during that 3 page outburst in the thread this morning, I was driving and thought I'd just put my thoughts down.

:sorry:

Edited by jsilverjanet

$$$$ shouldn't matter

Aren't most of the perceived issues with PIF is people taking big ticket offerings and offering up drek? Money typically defines drek.

I think Chip sounds like a great guy and I wish him a quick financial turn-around but I see his offer as a step down compared to the two Spiderman books. I have no veto power so I guess we will just see how things go.

And not to call you out (but I'm going to) these are just the negative comments that don't do this thread any favors. Chip posted his items not all of 3 hours ago. You've made more than one comment calling him out. His offer isn't Drek and technically speaking you have no veto power.

Chris is absolutely correct when he says people need to shut up and let the thing go. If I post an offer and the member doesn't veto it, if I think it's a good offer I'll allow the thread to stall until it's taken or I get a "strike".

The purpose of differentiating this thread from the PIF is to weed members out who take good and offer bad, period. You have implemented the veto and strike system to do that so now things need to run their course.

+1 to this

I believe the only thing I will add to "changing the offer" discussion is that maybe a different offer might attract a different person, and hopefully it's a new person who participates in the thread and not someone who's already active (taken/offered). The thread will grow with new members. Again just my opinion, not trying to say one way is better than the other, and it's certainly the prerogative of anyone to approach however they see fit.

At 10:33 Chip posted his offer.

Okay, here we go...

14604706676_ede66643a2_o.jpg

Starting at the top :

Little Lulu #148 and #150 (1960)

Hot Stuff #14 (1959)

Classics Illustrated #83 (1965)

Racket Squad #24 (1957)

Flash Gordon #5 (1967)

Wyatt Earp #25 (1959)

Gorgo #4 (1961)

Mysterious Suspense #1 (1968)

Four Color #885 (1958)

Quick-Trigger Western #16 (1957)

Young Romance #49 (1952)

Heroic Comics #70 (1952)

Wild Bill Hickok #7 (1949)

The Jaguar #15 (1963)

...but wait, there's more!

14624599451_3a4684d720_o.jpg

Pinocchio #2 (1963)

Thirteen #29 (1971)

Brain Boy #6 (1963)

The Outer Limits #17 (1968)

Tarzan #178 (1968)

MARS Patrol #3 (1966)

MARS Patrol #6 (1968)

Space Adventures #3 (1967)

Fightin' Army #26 (1958)

Fightin' Army #66 (1965)

Battlefield Action #20 (1958)

Battlefield Action #21 (1958)

Thanks for looking. :)

Peace,

Chip

At 12:27- not even two hours- you responded:

No Golden Age / Silver Age reader copy collectors? I'd switch it up if I was you since I see most people blowing these out for $1/$2 per book in sales threads.

Really? Really?

Edited by Chris S.