• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monthly Sales Figures

665 posts in this topic

you'd think near the end Sixth Gun would pick up....that TV deal collapse had to have a hand in brutalizing the comic sales.

If it ever gets hot again that's some low amount of copies out there.

Edited by krighton

So....doesn't sound like anyone short-printed Darth Vader copies....

Orphan Black fell harder than any comic I've ever seen. From 497,000 on #1 to just over 10,000 for #2.

Orphan Black was included in February's Loot Crate package.

Edited by ZoBot

why?

Spider Gwen # 1 outsold Nameless # 3 by only 250 copies

Descender # 1 7k and Descender # 2 44k

Do these numbers only reflect April sales and if the book was sold in March they dont show here?

Something really sticks out to me is the Star Wars #4 at over 200,000 copies. This run, as good as it has been, isn't a lot better than the Dark Horse run imo. Disney has sales training and it is top notch but there has to be more to it than that, right ? My guess is it is a combination of things but it still doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

The writers are Wood and Aaron. I would give an edge to Aaron but this isn't the blowout that the sales numbers would lead us to believe. The art Cassaday vs Ross and D'Anda. Wow, Cassaday is great buy Alex Ross is on a Neal Adams level of talent imo. So, a story is words first and Aaron wins that fight. Comicbookroundup.com supports this but only giving a slight advantage to the new series. Through the first 4 issues, Dark averaged 8.0 and Marvel an 8.1 rating.

http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dark-horse-comics/star-wars

http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/marvel-comics/star-wars-(2014)

Sales on Dark Horse books were

#1 - 39,663 Jan/13

#2 - 46,063 Feb/13

#3 - 45,522 Mar/13

#4 - 45,019 Apr/13

and Marvel

#1 - 985,976 Jan/15

#2 - 162,042 Feb/15

#3 - 161,226 Mar/15

#4 - 203,817 Apr/15

So that leaves the movie coming out this year, which I could see this doubling sales. The other option would be variants which I believe is the primary driver behind these sales. I'm guilty of it. I'm buying all of the action figures covers in multiples of 3. Why do you guys think there is such a large spread ?

why?

Spider Gwen # 1 outsold Nameless # 3 by only 250 copies

Descender # 1 7k and Descender # 2 44k

Do these numbers only reflect April sales and if the book was sold in March they dont show here?

Yes. Spider-Gwen #1 sold 254,000 copies

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2015/2015-02.html

What you are seeing is the 2nd or 3rd printing of #1