• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2015, July 8-12, San Diego, Ca.

374 posts in this topic

:whee:

Prepare to be punched by me.

Whoa....you're going to be a lazy arse CAW for CGC? :whee:

I am going to be there being awesome. I will help out CGC when they need it (and Doug, and Triston, and Richie . . .)

hm

No, I walked up to a booth, just like I did to get in Hall H. Now you can't pre-reg at all unless you win a lottery and you sleep overnight to get in Hall H...
Yes Danny its really crazy now a days! I couldn't believe it when one of my friends told me he was in line all night long just to be able to pre- register for the next years Comic-Con when the big change in pre-registration occurred! Now the madness has extended to the panels, hotels and even parking!

Yes, I was there. They did this one year, about five years ago. They had a specific allotment being sold for each of the four days, starting around 8:00am. I think it was in one of the Hyatt lower level conference rooms. I walked over around 9:00am to pick up the tickets for the following year and I was shocked when they told me tickets had been sold out already at 8:45am or so. Then I was hearing of talk about the long lines. So my friend and I didn't want to take anymore chances, so at 3:30am that evening/morning we walked down to get in line, and the line at that time of night was already pushing half a mile. Then we had to wait until 8:00 for the line just to start moving, and then luckily it moved pretty quick after that. All four days there were huge lines and the tickets all sold out immediately. It was a pain, but in some ways was better than the lottery, because if you showed up early enough you knew you would definitely get tix for the following year.

No, I walked up to a booth, just like I did to get in Hall H. Now you can't pre-reg at all unless you win a lottery and you sleep overnight to get in Hall H...
Yes Danny its really crazy now a days! I couldn't believe it when one of my friends told me he was in line all night long just to be able to pre- register for the next years Comic-Con when the big change in pre-registration occurred! Now the madness has extended to the panels, hotels and even parking!

Yes, I was there. They did this one year, about five years ago. They had a specific allotment being sold for each of the four days, starting around 8:00am. I think it was in one of the Hyatt lower level conference rooms. I walked over around 9:00am to pick up the tickets for the following year and I was shocked when they told me tickets had been sold out already at 8:45am or so. Then I was hearing of talk about the long lines. So my friend and I didn't want to take anymore chances, so at 3:30am that evening/morning we walked down to get in line, and the line at that time of night was already pushing half a mile. Then we had to wait until 8:00 for the line just to start moving, and then luckily it moved pretty quick after that. All four days there were huge lines and the tickets all sold out immediately. It was a pain, but in some ways was better than the lottery, because if you showed up early enough you knew you would definitely get tix for the following year.

What's crazy to me is that literally the prior year I walked up to a self serve kiosk and bought tix with no line at all.

I think when they sold out of preview night before the general sale that year it sparked the madness that we have now.

Anybody know where Richard Starkings will be at?

thanks

Mario

He's usually on a corner in IP Pavilion. The red carpeted area where they put small publishers who are bigger than what's in Small Press.

Currently in the Amtrak lounge in L.A.

The commuter train to San Diego will be en route in about 40 minutes. We should be lodged at the Westgate by 2 or 3 this afternoon. All systems are manned-up and ready to go! :banana:

The Cat-Man :insane:

The commuter train to San Diego will be en route in about 40 minutes. We should be lodged at the Westgate by 2 or 3 this afternoon. All systems are manned-up and ready to go! :banana:

Looking forward to meeting old friends and new. :headbang:

Breakfasted in the Westgate and will be around the convention center later today. We'll be having lunch with my ol' buddy Bob Wayne today, but don't have a restaurant location locked down. If you see us, say ... :hi:

No dinner plans yet.

Cheers,

Cat

Breakfasted in the Westgate and will be around the convention center later today. We'll be having lunch with my ol' buddy Bob Wayne today, but don't have a restaurant location locked down. If you see us, say ... :hi:

No dinner plans yet.

Cheers,

Cat

Coming in tomorrow around 1:30pm. I'll shoot you a PM when I arrive. Hopefully some of us GA guys can get together on Thursday or Friday!

No dinner plans yet.

Cheers,

Cat

Coming in tomorrow around 1:30pm. I'll shoot you a PM when I arrive. Hopefully some of us GA guys can get together on Thursday or Friday!

c9615e41-b441-4abc-9274-1c9d7a4b4e2d_zpssomebtvu.jpg

any one know where

SDCC 2015 Exclusive Jim Lee Batman Action Figure by DC Comics

will be sold?

Hopefully, you preordered.

Action Figure Xpress

http://www.shopafx.com/jan158085-pup.html

If you have a smartphone, use the SDCC app.

Unless he's talking about the $300 version that comes with a sketch

any one know where

SDCC 2015 Exclusive Jim Lee Batman Action Figure by DC Comics

will be sold?

Hopefully, you preordered.

Action Figure Xpress

http://www.shopafx.com/jan158085-pup.html

If you have a smartphone, use the SDCC app.

Unless he's talking about the $300 version that comes with a sketch

Let me google that for you.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/07/06/countdown-to-comic-con-finding-dc-collectibles-con-exclusives-at-the-show