• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2015, July 8-12, San Diego, Ca.

374 posts in this topic

Less than 7 Days to go :banana:

Booth #5569

Will you have half-size comic boxes in stock at SDCC?

And more importantly, will your stock of half-size boxes last until Thursday (since I have no Preview Night access).

Why?

Because the comic shop out in Hillcrest blows massive chunks.

No we had no room for boxes and no mylars

Less than 7 Days to go :banana:

Booth #5569

Will you have half-size comic boxes in stock at SDCC?

And more importantly, will your stock of half-size boxes last until Thursday (since I have no Preview Night access).

Why?

Because the comic shop out in Hillcrest blows massive chunks.

lol Yeah, that store isn't the best.

What I was pointing out with the pre-reg from '06 was look at how non-digital the process was. I waked up to a booth, stood in ine a couple minutes, got a hand numbered receipt and handed over $40...boom! I was good to go next year.

10 years later....no resemblance to the above lol

What I was pointing out with the pre-reg from '06 was look at how non-digital the process was. I waked up to a booth, stood in ine a couple minutes, got a hand numbered receipt and handed over $40...boom! I was good to go next year.

10 years later....no resemblance to the above lol

You had to sleep overnight in a booth to get a ticket? :o

No, I walked up to a booth, just like I did to get in Hall H. Now you can't pre-reg at all unless you win a lottery and you sleep overnight to get in Hall H...

No, I walked up to a booth, just like I did to get in Hall H. Now you can't pre-reg at all unless you win a lottery and you sleep overnight to get in Hall H...
Yes Danny its really crazy now a days! I couldn't believe it when one of my friends told me he was in line all night long just to be able to pre- register for the next years Comic-Con when the big change in pre-registration occurred! Now the madness has extended to the panels, hotels and even parking!

Where is a good place to park at the convention center? Any place close?

After 25 straight years of SDCC attendance, I decided to pass this year.

I highly recommend reserving parking if possible, otherwise, you will be driving around in circles. Parking can be obtained here. The best spots were sold by lottery months ago.

https://space.aceparking.com/events/Comic-Con-2015/136

I gave it up three years ago. (38 year run for me) The ticket "lottery", the hotel "lottery" and finally this year the parking "lottery" just cinched the deal. I guess they just don't want us "old timers" anymore. Funny thing is after the first year, I really didn't miss all the hassle and expense all that much. I do miss seeing all my buddies though...

I've made a yearly straight run since 1981. Of coarse I live in San Diego county so some things are easier for me. It's not that they don't care about old timers but the ticket lottery is due to the fact there isn't a convention center on the planet big enough for everyone who wants to attend. I was told a few years ago they could fill a 300,000+ attendance figure if it was possible.

Hotels are a problem because it's San Diego and the city usually doesn't have problems filling rooms even without comic con in town. The hotels here are having a record year so I credit the city and the con for keeping the rates where they are at. That was part of the 2018 extension and why it took so long.

The parking lottery was just stupid. It wasn't needed and created a early scare over parking even though spaces did last for a while after the first round of lottery. Parking is becoming a bit of a issue in the city though due to more high rises buildings starting up around town.

Hey one good thing is the con is spreading out more. I even know work mates going to some of the outside events that don't require comic con tickets.

One thing that has been overlooked about the delayed convention center expansion is the Marriott next to the center is expanding their convention space. There's going to be space there for something like two Ballroom 20's which will make an impact for events. It will be finished next summer so we could see it in use next year or 2017 at the latest.

I will be at the airport here in Paris by this time tomorrow waiting to get on my nearly 12 hour flight to LA to attend my 14th SDCC in 15 years and will arrive around 8 pm at the Hyatt. I'll turn in early after a quick bite at the Redfield's since I probably will wake up at 4 am and try to hit the con around noon on the 8th. Looking forward to see a few buddies and hope to find a few nice books. :wishluck:

:whee:

Prepare to be punched by me.

Whoa....you're going to be a lazy arse CAW for CGC? :whee:

I am going to be there being awesome. I will help out CGC when they need it (and Doug, and Triston, and Richie . . .)

6:45 in the AM here in San Diego. Very overcast, but should be a nice morning for Doc and I to begin load in stuff for the con.

I will be at booth 915, and I will have a ton of new stuff. Lots and lots of new raws including a solid unrestored Amazing Fantasy #15. I also got in about 60 new slabs last week (several ASM #129, 121, 122, another Hulk #181, Strange Tales #110, etc and some other cool stuff ), and CGC is shipping me 2 or 3 more boxes of slabs to the show. I will also be debuting the #1 Neal Adams cover CGC registry set which I recently purchased from Dover at the convention, which includes about 160 awesome Neal Adams DCs and Marvels.

I also picked up about 25 to 30K worth of new high grade material on the way across the country. And I will also be debuting 6 boxes of a new Bronze/copper collection that I finally got processed, which will be shown for the first time at this show. Lots of picture frames, with some tougher books like horror books, westerns, and romance, along with your standard hero stuff.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Dale

6:45 in the AM here in San Diego. Very overcast, but should be a nice morning for Doc and I to begin load in stuff for the con.

I will be at booth 915, and I will have a ton of new stuff. Lots and lots of new raws including a solid unrestored Amazing Fantasy #15. I also got in about 60 new slabs last week (several ASM #129, 121, 122, another Hulk #181, Strange Tales #110, etc and some other cool stuff ), and CGC is shipping me 2 or 3 more boxes of slabs to the show. I will also be debuting the #1 Neal Adams cover CGC registry set which I recently purchased from Dover at the convention, which includes about 160 awesome Neal Adams DCs and Marvels.

I also picked up about 25 to 30K worth of new high grade material on the way across the country. And I will also be debuting 6 boxes of a new Bronze/copper collection that I finally got processed, which will be shown for the first time at this show. Lots of picture frames, with some tougher books like horror books, westerns, and romance, along with your standard hero stuff.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Dale

Nice. Will be there like usual to grab a few items.

As per an e-mail blast sent 5 min. ago --

San Diego Comic-Con 2015 starts this Wednesday! Appearing at the Felix Comic Art booth (#4612) this year are:

- Bryan Lee O'Malley & Jason Fischer

- Nick Dragotta

- Nick Pitarra

- Juan Gedeon

- Ramon Villalobos

- and (fingers crossed) a surprise special guest! Just Hoping!

Please check with us at the booth for signing times! Some signings may be ticketed, so again, please check with us at the show.

We will also have limited edition convention exclusive prints for SCOTT PILGRIM (limited to 100), SECONDS (limited to 100), and THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS (limited to 50)! We will set aside a few of each for those who can't make the show...look for our post-SDCC e-mail!

Speaking of SCOTT PILGRIM and SECONDS...I will be getting over 100 new pieces of art from Bryan for our next sale! I will give the mailing list advance word when it happens!

Finally, a few new pieces have been added to the site from Garry Brown, Nick Dragotta, and Kyle Strahm. Click here for the latest additions! Kyle is working primarily digitally on SPREAD, but has been drawing the covers in pen/ink for himself. He has consented to allow me to sell one of the most striking covers from the series, #2. For anyone who's been waiting for a chance at SPREAD original art, here's your chance!

Thanks as always for reading, and come say hi at the show!

Felix

www.felixcomicart.com

I am going to be there being awesome. I will help out CGC when they need it (and Doug, and Triston, and Richie . . .)

I plan to work that @$$

Maybe I can finally meet the infamous Sean Fingh, and entice you to witness some books for me too :foryou:

Currently in the Amtrak lounge in L.A.

The commuter train to San Diego will be en route in about 40 minutes. We should be lodged at the Westgate by 2 or 3 this afternoon. All systems are manned-up and ready to go! :banana:

The Cat-Man :insane: