• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

I'm never mad on any occasion Keira Knightley showing up. I'm a big Cable fan, but I have zero hangups that a lot of people do when it comes to mixing it up, be it sex or race.

My only questions on race/sex changes are "are core aspects of the character altered significantly by changing this?" and "does this change create an unnecessary narrative issue that you have to waste story-time on explaining?". If the answer is "no", then go for it. If the answer is "yes", then maybe don't make that change. And I don't think a Keira Knightley Cable would answer "yes" to either of those questions. So go for it.

I definitely agree with the logic and would understand if they made that call, but I would still be disappointed. I have a vision in my head of how Cable would be onscreen and that is as a guy, but that's just a personal hangup and I'm sure a good female actor would pull it off excellently if they go that route. (thumbs u

Oh, I'm definitely with you. I want my "massive dude with massive-er guns" Cable on-screen. Something quintessentially 90's comic book. I'm just saying that technically, by my standards of "do I object to this for good reason other than just person bias?", a female Cable would be not entirely something I'd flat out say "nope" to.

Oh, I'm definitely with you. I want my "massive dude with massive-er guns" Cable on-screen. Something quintessentially 90's comic book. I'm just saying that technically, by my standards of "do I object to this for good reason other than just person bias?", a female Cable would be not entirely something I'd flat out say "nope" to.

It definitely would be a twist on a character known to be the big, bad dude with a massive gun.

But if anything, it most probably was an inside joke the way the details were delivered. Especially the 'she's got range' line. This may be where their heads are right now.

vhJcnjR.jpg

I got a chance to see this over the weekend. LOVED IT! It's one of the best and most unique superhero movies ever made. The constant edgy jokes and intense action sequences made this film entertaining throughout. Easily 8.5 out of 10.

With the tremendous success this film has had, I wonder If Deadpool will still be considered a fad, or will be a staple character for many years to come.

I got a chance to see this over the weekend. LOVED IT! It's one of the best and most unique superhero movies ever made. The constant edgy jokes and intense action sequences made this film entertaining throughout. Easily 8.5 out of 10.

With the tremendous success this film has had, I wonder If Deadpool will still be considered a fad, or will be a staple character for many years to come.

Will be a stable character for years to come.

Deadpool this weekend will beat Ant-Man and Wolverine domestically.

Yes, that is correct this weekend Deadpool will surpass Wolverine at the box office domestically.

That`s something folks.

Can't wait to see a sequel. Especially if the end credits are in fact going to happen.

Considering the disaster FF was, largely do to studio interference, and the crazy success of Deadpool for the exact opposite reason... I'd imagine the studio will let them do whatever they want for the sequal, including the name drop from the post credits scene.

My understanding is the studio gave too much leeway to the director on FF. If they had interfered earlier and more often, we probably would have gotten a better movie. (shrug)

The only lesson that I see here is stay true to the source material.

Ryan Reynolds Confirms Deadpool 2 -script Is Well Underway

Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds has assured fans that scriptwriting for Deadpool 2 is already underway.

"We are on a -script, we are well into a -script," Reynolds told Empire's podcast. Fox is likely eager to put the mercenary back to work with how well he’s currently doing at the box office.

"We had endless [conversations about other X-Men]. Taskmaster was in the -script originally, too expensive. We had versions where we wanted Hugh Jackman in there, we wanted all kinds of cameos from different people, but it just becomes a big mess for the studio,” he said.

"We went through such hell developing the -script and which X-Men we could keep and which we couldn't and it just turned into a nightmare," Reynolds said. "The studio would just say, 'too expensive, too expensive, too expensive' to everyone. So finally we were like well, 'what about Negasonic Teenage Warhead' and they said, 'Negasonic, what?'"

Now that Wolverine 3 will be rated 'R', what are the odds that it will have at least a raunchy cameo or two by Deadpool? Seems like a no-brainer.

I know they're talking about it, but what are the chances of it actually happening?

Can't wait to see a sequel. Especially if the end credits are in fact going to happen.

Considering the disaster FF was, largely do to studio interference, and the crazy success of Deadpool for the exact opposite reason... I'd imagine the studio will let them do whatever they want for the sequal, including the name drop from the post credits scene.

My understanding is the studio gave too much leeway to the director on FF. If they had interfered earlier and more often, we probably would have gotten a better movie. (shrug)

The only lesson that I see here is stay true to the source material.

I disagree. I believe that had the studio interfered with Deadpool it would not have been the movie that is currently in the theaters. The problem with the Fantastic Four is that aside from their villains, I genuinely feel the property does not translate well as the classic Lee-Kirby series originally debuted. The real problem with the Fantastic Four is the Fantastic Four.

Changes often need to be made as what might have seemed like a good idea in the comics does not translate well in other mediums.

Why the opening credits had those references.

Deadpool Movie Writers Talk About Real Heroes In The Opening Credits

"We came up with that actually," Wernick told Creative Screenwriting. "We just figured that it was a fun nod to the heartache as we’ve had on this thing over the last six and a half years. Screenwriters aren’t at the top of the food chain in the feature world. They often should be, but sometimes they take second billing. It was a fun, fun way for us to poke fun at the hierarchy. We had heroic moments for sure on this movie."

"Also I feel like it was a way of being meta even in the credits," Reese added. "Deadpool knows he’s in a movie and we kind of wanted you as the audience to know right away that there is a writer behind this and they know they’re in a movie so they’re tooting their own horns in the credits. There was something kind of ironically funny about that to us."

Historically that's a horrible formula. It led to everything bad in Spider-Man 3, and had Fox done this with Deadpool, what we saw in this film would have been dramatically different. :eek:

With FF I think the consensus right now, not meaning it's the truth, is that Fox overstepped a bit at least. I don't really like any part of the film especially, but the parts attributed to the director seem to be the parts people like more (the beginning). Studios do have every right to protect their investment, give notes, and even step in, but everyone seems to agree that Fox really went overboard here with Trank, removing multiple set pieces, and bringing in someone else to direct that ridiculous ending action piece, that didn't even feel like the same film. Fox is known for this a bit, and did the same with Wolverine - not so much with Singer, because he was already established and delivered X-Men. I think if we got a complete movie by either, Trank or the Studio, it would have been better than what we got, so I think I'd rather have seen Trank's vision/cut. I do think this was a well cast film though, Teller starred in arguably the best movie of last year, everyone casts the Maras, and Michael B. Killed it in Creed.

I do, however, think that doesn't excuse Trank's reported behavior, which cost him a Star Wars movie, which has to be one of the biggest career losses in recent memory. Really dumb, but I suspect we will here from him again, and it will be good. Chronicle was really nice. I do think the fact that he was given what was reportedly the Boba Fett movie speaks to what people thought of his potential/ability.

We don't know the story but I suspect we had an erratic director AND overstepping by the studio. It's hard for me to believe his cut isn't at least more coherent than what we got.

That said, I do agree that FF is a tough nut. Sure, the Incredibles nailed what we'd like to see, but as a live action film I think the parts in the mythology work better than the team., meaning Doom, Galactus, and SIlver Surfer are characters I'd use. Saying all of that, I'm pretty confident Marvel Studios could crack the code. Imagine Galactus showing up in Infinity War!

Deadpool Fans Launch Petition To Erect Statue In Deadpool's Hometown

"Why this issue is important is self-explanatory and I don’t feel it’s necessary to even convince anybody of this. We, citizens of Regina, and citizens of Earth in general should be convinced as soon as we found out that Deadpool is from Regina!

Since it’s announcement, we need to stand proud of being a Marvel Superheroes hometown.

Regina has been home to many great people, Leslie Nielsen, Ryan Getzlaf, Wolfcop, the list goes on… But at the end of the day, the most important person from Regina, DEADPOOL.

We are demanding that a Deadpool statue be erected in Regina, Saskatchewan as we are his hometown, and we are proud to be."

Got a chance to see it yesterday, and I absolutely loved it. They absolutely nailed the character -- Ryan Reynolds was born to play this part. Loved Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead's interactions with each other and with Deadpool. Loved the inside jokes, 4th wall breaks, and action. Not much I can say bad about it. :cloud9:

I watched it in IMAX in the early afternoon, and the theater had a surprising number of people in it (no children, as far as I could tell). Apparently, the film is still rolling at the box office -- making somewhere between 11-12 million yesterday -- incredible numbers for a Tuesday in February.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21202-tuesday-numbers-dp-116-rth/