• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your CGC Boards Origin Story
5 5

432 posts in this topic

I came across these boards in the Fall of '09 while searching for UK zines with Miracleman in them... I lurked the boards several years before giving in and making an account. This is the closest thing to social media I have ever participated in... Aside from my email address... This is my strongest presence on the Internet. Thanks CGC and all the boardies for the wealth of information over the years!

I came across the CGC forums after my Co-worker told me about CGC, and he told me this was a good place to find and sell books, as well as finding out all the latest rumors. I have to say I am exremely happy with it so far.

Did he tell you to watch out for the old timers here,they are azzhats? lol

Specifically that Oakman29 character, I hear he's the biggest azz hole. :whistle:

My first post was in the selling area where I asked for advice on how to sell and grade my first 24 issues of TWD.

After I wrote that I didn´t know how comic grading scales worked and after posting a couple of bad photos of # 1, I was impressed at the many nice and friendly PM´s I got. :whee:

I'm not sure if I ever shared my experience, but I believe it was immediately after moving out of Archie comics into Marvel, and deciding to collect every Marvel superhero book ever (a goal I have since revised). I think it was a simple Google search that led me here, but I can't for the life of me remember what I was researching.