• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction November 2014

315 posts in this topic

maybe not actioney enough for some people? Not sure

Must be that. Not really A list EVERETT work all in all but most seemed a bit under market

Well, I blew it on the Colan/Everett Cap pages. I made a schedule of the lots I wanted to bid on via HeritageLive! and listed those pages alphabetically by "Colan" instead of with the Everett family collection lots, so totally missed out out on both of them. I think I was the underbidder on one, but I was prepared to go much higher in the live session. :doh:

I thought the Maudlin strips were a reasonable price.

You and me both Bronty :( I wanted the Veteran's day one but lost out :( (Wasn't even the underbidder, way outta what I wanted to pay)

yeah they are tough to get for a reasonable number :( I keep my eye out for one that is both funny and cheap and hopefully early but it hasn't worked out so far.

I like early peanuts a lot after having read the fantagraphics volumes, but they are already priced so high that if I buy one I want it to be on the low end of FMV

Some of the Mauldin stuff was cheap, sure. I was referring to Peanuts in general.

I see I was not clear. A bit sleepy since it is 4:15 am for me. I meant to say that that the Maudlin Peanuts strips were reasonably priced.

(thumbs u

Haha yea but I wanted it at under 10k so it wasn't reasonably priced for me lol

:insane: (thumbs u

for me to buy one it has to really make me laugh, these were great and fairly priced but 15k is still a good amount of shekels

Must be that. Not really A list EVERETT work all in all but most seemed a bit under market

Well, I blew it on the Colan/Everett Cap pages. I made a schedule of the lots I wanted to bid on via HeritageLive! and listed those pages alphabetically by "Colan" instead of with the Everett family collection lots, so totally missed out out on both of them. I think I was the underbidder on one, but I was prepared to go much higher in the live session. :doh:

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I was looking at one of those cap pages thinking it was quite reasonable :tonofbricks:

The Everett colan cap was sillky smooth!

For me, it was more personal. My grandparents loved snoopy and my grandfather was a WWII marine so the fact that it was Snoopy's first veterans day piece made me want it.

(thumbs u Great reason to want it

I think I was the underbidder on both Mauldin Peanuts strips. It felt like as soon as i hit bid, the screen announced I was outbid. I really liked them, especially the 2nd one, but if I am going to spend 20k+ on Peanuts, I'd prefer one of the more classic themes...

I think I was the underbidder on both Mauldin Peanuts strips. It felt like as soon as i hit bid, the screen announced I was outbid.

That's what happens when there is a prior bid on the book. I.e. say someone's high bid from a week ago is 7k with a max bid of 15k, then they have 15k "on the book" so if you bid 8 during the live session, it will jump to 9 in a nanosecond. If there is more of a pause then you are bidding against a live bidder instead of prior bids on the book.

Basically if the bid jumps up automatically, then the high bidder has a proxy bid in with a bigger max than the current high bid.

I am going to regret not taking that Andru/Everett page higher. I sold a BWS page today and on the ride home was considering bidding again but was a few minutes late getting home.

Congrats to the buyer. I have no idea of the Andru or Everett market but I liked the page. I hope John S got it, but I feel it was Alan. Anyone know? Did you get it?

Anyway, Eder has the thing I want.

What was the estimate on the Watchmen page? (I'm talking about the one I see is at, gulp, $33k today)

A lot lower than $33K. IIRC it was in the 8-12 range.

You're thinking of the other page, which is where it's at right now.

Folks I talked to about the page you're referring to had it pegged at 25-35K. So it's edging the high end of that now.

I just double checked and Heritage's estimate was actually $8K at NYCC (I took a pic of the page). Kind of a silly low amount, but that's what they had on it.

Awesome...just took an 81.5% loss on my Enric Vampirella painting. :tonofbricks:

At least it will provide for a nice 5-figure tax write-off. :doh:

Was one of several bad buys I made in my first couple of years of collecting. Even so, the price is crazy low...I thought it'd fetch double or triple what it did. :facepalm:

What was the estimate on the Watchmen page? (I'm talking about the one I see is at, gulp, $33k today)

A lot lower than $33K. IIRC it was in the 8-12 range.

You're thinking of the other page, which is where it's at right now.

Folks I talked to about the page you're referring to had it pegged at 25-35K. So it's edging the high end of that now.

I just double checked and Heritage's estimate was actually $8K at NYCC (I took a pic of the page). Kind of a silly low amount, but that's what they had on it.

oh THAT estimate!!

:tonofbricks:

Awesome...just took an 81.5% loss on my Enric Vampirella painting. :tonofbricks:

At least it will provide for a nice 5-figure tax write-off. :doh:

Was one of several bad buys I made in my first couple of years of collecting.

:eek:

And all because your wife didn't like it :sorry: