• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction November 2014

315 posts in this topic

Prediction: Frazetta Jongor will go reserve not met

well there was one bid after all, reserve just met. Pretty good price at 180k for the seller IMO given the muted greys and lack of visual punch IMO 2c

Awesome...just took an 81.5% loss on my Enric Vampirella painting. :tonofbricks:

At least it will provide for a nice 5-figure tax write-off. :doh:

Was one of several bad buys I made in my first couple of years of collecting. Even so, the price is crazy low...I thought it'd fetch double or triple what it did. :facepalm:

Just don't tell the wife what it sold for :gossip: it will make her think she was right :insane: Sorry it didn't work out.

Awesome...just took an 81.5% loss on my Enric Vampirella painting. :tonofbricks:

Was one of several bad buys I made in my first couple of years of collecting. Even so, the price is crazy low...I thought it'd fetch double or triple what it did. :facepalm:

Gene,

Sorry about that. Its a great piece but since it wasn't published for Warren Vapirella that effected the value alot. If Enric did a commission like that today he would charge more than when the hammer was on HA.

2 hours 40 minutes later and we're only 170 lots in. At this rate we will be lucky to be done by 8:00pm. They either need to start these auctions earlier or do less lots. 452 at this speed is ridiculous.

2 hours 40 minutes later and we're only 170 lots in. At this rate we will be lucky to be done by 8:00pm. They either need to start these auctions earlier or do less lots. 452 at this speed is ridiculous.

Agree.

There were a lot of $500 lots they could have thrown into Sunday Auctions, and both of these auctioneers have been a bit slow for my taste.

Agree.

There were a lot of $500 lots they could have thrown into Sunday Auctions, and both of these auctioneers have been a bit slow for my taste.

I'm pretty sure I will have to go to my Friday night dance class before they finish with the lots I'm interested in. Which means I'll have to put in LiveProxy bids and hope that it all goes well. :pullhair:

Gene,

Sorry about that. Its a great piece but since it wasn't published for Warren Vampirella that effected the value alot. If Enric did a commission like that today he would charge more than when the hammer was on HA.

Yeah, this is less than half of what Enric would charge for a commission of this size. Not to mention that this is a vintage piece when Enric was still at the peak of his game - no doubt in my mind that it's the best Vampi gallery painting he ever did and one of his best Vampi images, period. The price is really shocking to me - I mean, I sold a damaged Enric gallery painting on eBay for this much earlier this year. If I had any inkling that it might do this poorly, I would have just listed it at like $7-8K on eBay and fielded offers. Oh well, live and learn...

Kane Conan #12 cover = $20.912.50.

Heritage's estimate was a laughable $40K-up. This is what I mean when I said earlier that I've seen many estimates that are way high, sometimes even 100% or more.

Kane Conan #12 cover = $20.912.50.

Heritage's estimate was a laughable $40K-up. This is what I mean when I said earlier that I've seen many estimates that are way high, sometimes even 100% or more.

Yeah, the estimates on those Fastner Larsons (like the one you won) were actually off by like 1000%, weren't they?

Gene,

Sorry about that. Its a great piece but since it wasn't published for Warren Vampirella that effected the value alot. If Enric did a commission like that today he would charge more than when the hammer was on HA.

Yeah, this is less than half of what Enric would charge for a commission of this size. Not to mention that this is a vintage piece when Enric was still at the peak of his game - no doubt in my mind that it's the best Vampi gallery painting he ever did and one of his best Vampi images, period. The price is really shocking to me - I mean, I sold a damaged Enric gallery painting on eBay for this much earlier this year. If I had any inkling that it might do this poorly, I would have just listed it at like $7-8K on eBay and fielded offers. Oh well, live and learn...

I was watching this since you told us about it. Sad to see but I am impressed you went public and took it standing up.

I thought it was a really nice image and a sweet cover. But if it's Conan people want bWS or buscema I guess. I would have guessed high 20s

It's a good cover, but a good, not great, non-ASM Kane cover from that era would fetch, what, $15K or thereabouts? I think the only reason it even hit $20K is because it's so early in the Conan run. 2c