• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction November 2014

315 posts in this topic

I thought it was a really nice image and a sweet cover. But if it's Conan people want bWS or buscema I guess. I would have guessed high 20s

It's a good cover, but a good, not great, non-ASM Kane cover from that era would fetch, what, $15K or thereabouts? I think the only reason it even hit $20K is because it's so early in the Conan run. 2c

I'm thinking of some of the outsized avengers prices and such , but perhaps those aren't appropriate comparables given recent movie heat on avengers

I'm thinking of some of the outsized avengers prices and such , but perhaps those aren't appropriate comparables given recent movie heat on avengers

Yeah, the only good comps on Avengers material is other Avengers material. And usually not even then - they just go from crazy to even crazier. :screwy:

wow dd158 pg1 at 17k. I thought this sold for like 7k not that long ago..

Wha-a-a-a-a-at? It sold for $5,975 three years ago at Heritage. Must be a farking noob.

Well technically two farking noobs.

Wha-a-a-a-a-at? It sold for $5,975 three years ago at Heritage. Must be a farking noob.

Consignor owes auctioneer a gift basket. Lot appeared to close at $7K, but the auctioneer stalled long enough to tease out another bid. This happened all along the way to $14K.

I know some one you are being driven nuts by the pace of the two auctioneers today...but for consignors, these two are a dream.

McF Spidey 300 for 173K, a lot lower than some bullish estimates, but that is a lot for a stat. I hope the winner knew what he was buying, the HA description was vague but accurate (spidey figure is all inks is technically correct)

Malvin

Wow. I wanted the page but was out way before 10k. Shocked at that price.

McF Spidey 300 for 173K, a lot lower than some bullish estimates, but that is a lot for a stat. I hope the winner knew what he was buying, the HA description was vague but accurate (spidey figure is all inks is technically correct)

Malvin

Yeah, the Todd prices were a bit strange,

The good ASM page sells for $30k+ - about 50% above what I was expecting? - was it just because of that silly Venom in the closet panel?

The weak SM page sells for $10k. I'm starting to think the McFarlane market has moved some more.

Then the Wolverine back cover sells for under $10k, $3k less than it sold for a year ago.

Then the ASM300 tanks at $175k.

Interesting and unexpected for sure...

Malvin

Yeah, the Todd prices were a bit strange,

The good ASM page sells for $30k+ - about 50% above what I was expecting? - was it just because of that silly Venom in the closet panel?

The weak SM page sells for $10k. I'm starting to think the McFarlane market has moved some more.

Then the Wolverine back cover sells for under $10k, $3k less than it sold for a year ago.

Then the ASM300 tanks at $175k.

Interesting and unexpected for sure...

the good asm page had a lot going for it I thought - spaghetti strand webbing on the top panel, a wonderful middle panel with spidey's face, and then venom to boot.

Finally won my first piece of the auction

whatchaget?

Kirby ? hm

You know me so well. Can't pass up a Kirby last page. Especially a signed one :cloud9: I know I'm weird but I love first and last pages of books.