• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics #27 CGC 9.2
4 4

525 posts in this topic

Okay, at this point I think the official information on this book is going to be what we've seen. Just an entry in the census.

The possibilities for this book are as follows (in order of likelihood as I see it):

• It's the FN68 copy returned from a 21 year vacation
  • It's the missing Mastro copy upgraded to a borderline 9.2 (in a combination of being harshly graded initially and likely pressed to get rid of the "finger bends" mentioned in the notes)
  • It's a new, unknown book. We haven't speculated much on this possibility since there's nothing to speculate about :insane:

I'd love to know for sure one way or another. Some day...

Been done, been upgraded, been condoned…there's a thread here somewhere that explored the issue on a SA key (JIM 83? X-Men 1?) …lemme see where that is...

It was Avengers 1 - spine pressed to the back, went from 8.5 to 9.2...here's the link:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6483041&fpart=1

Edited by Racer-X

He's Matt's chief employee for restorative work (CCS). He's done a few books of mine, and his work is arguably unparalleled in the field.

but he has to have jokes often explained to him. he laughs after you get him to undrstand, tho'.

Look, I didn't want to say this, but since you brought it up. When you tell jokes, you sound like some back in the Bayou Hill Billy.

And I don't understand LSU speak, ok

:insane:

I thought that "Bayou Hill Billy" was his nickname in law school?!?!

i'm so old, i just had to sit for the bar; no law school requirement back then.

Harvard gets his strike

He worked so hard for it. (thumbs u

(thumbs u He really has been working hard, eh? Hopefully he can be productive now, I think he could be a constructive member if he really wanted to.

You guys kill me.

He's a longtime malcontent/troll on these boards simply operating under a new name. There will be no productiveness or constructiveness, ever.

+1

Been done, been upgraded, been condoned…there's a thread here somewhere that explored the issue on a SA key (JIM 83? X-Men 1?) …lemme see where that is...

It was Avengers 1 - spine pressed to the back, went from 8.5 to 9.2...here's the link:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6483041&fpart=1

Classic was 13k at 8.5.... Spine roll restro 9.2... 85k

Classic was 13k at 8.5.... Spine roll restro 9.2... 85k

good for the individual flipper

sooo bad for the hobby overall