• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics #27 CGC 9.2
4 4

525 posts in this topic

I've never seen a mod or ext restored book be unrestored to blue...

slight, yes, but not sure I know of any examples of mod/ext (shrug)

For my own education I had Matt "unrestore" a moderate 7.0 Daring Mystery 2. It had a fair amount of spine work done to it. After the removal it was a blue label 1.5 with no spine to speak of. I had it re-restored.

And it received a 8.0 slight. :D

Depends on the amount of resto. A massive overhaul might cost you $2500 or so, most resto will be under that.

PS, that Action #10 sounds like it's right up my alley. Put me in line when you decide you don't love it anymore! :headbang:

Action 13 not 10? But i do have a 10

In that case I need them both! I have a #7 and #15. :headbang:

For my own education I had Matt "unrestore" a moderate 7.0 Daring Mystery 2. It had a fair amount of spine work done to it. After the removal it was a blue label 1.5 with no spine to speak of. I had it re-restored.

that's about what I would guess would happen... I didn't mean to imply you couldnt unrestore a book, I meant I'm not sure it would make sense to get a mod/ext into a blue label, and really have anything left worth even what it was restored...

outside of chemical cleaning, all resto is removable, I presume, just not sure it would make sense.... slight, I've seen done a LOT....but even in bedrock's case, it didnt make sense to unrestore a mod to blue

The real point here is that if someone is inclined to do so, it depends on what was done to the book in the first place. Every book will be different.

If the spine is being held together with resto, you end up with a 1.0 / 1.5 copy.

If it's a large back cover piece recreated you might end up with a 2.0 or 2.5 depending on the size.

Depends on the amount of resto. A massive overhaul might cost you $2500 or so, most resto will be under that.

PS, that Action #10 sounds like it's right up my alley. Put me in line when you decide you don't love it anymore! :headbang:

Action 13 not 10? But i do have a 10

In that case I need them both! I have a #7 and #15. :headbang:

I want the 7 lets talk?

Picked up a Tec 44 CBCS 8.5 tonight. :banana: Was listed on CConnect for like 22 minutes lol Vinnie will have it CGC graded in Baltimore (at my request). He didn't even get the chance to upload the scan. Hoping CBCS grading is at par with CGC's. Let's see what comes of it.

And it received a 8.0 slight.

This only further substantiates this

CGC is not nor have they ever been 100% consistent in their grading. That point has been illustrated so many times in the past it is scary.