• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big change at CGC

289 posts in this topic

I'm just waiting for "free graders notes". You know, that service you paid for, but need to pay for it again.

+1. Plus, give me grader's notes on 9.6s and 9.8s. Let me know what was "wrong" with the book that it missed 9.9 or 10.

If the graders notes are blank do you get a refund or it just doesn't allow you to buy them?

I think that the free grader notes are so obvious that CGC charging for them is pure greed. They make the notes anyway and your paying for the grading. At least they should make the notes available for free to the person who submitted the book but charge others? :shrug: However enforcement of this would be impossible, just a thought.

Also, the TAT and fees need to be addressed next. I'm particularly unhappy with having to pay extra if you want to receive the standard TAT. I'm curious if their customer service regarding this has improved or if they still have "not my problem" attitude. Before they knew the customer had no other options.

I agree. Without even mentioning other names because it's not relevant. With any business, a huge mistake is the AT&T type businesses actually create their competition. You need to listen to your customer base because as smart as you think you are, your customers know your business better than you do. People notice being nickle and dimed and it creates resentment and a ripe condition for competition. You also don't alienate your customer base which is happening now (an example would be the RIAA campaigns).

There will be big changes at CGC. There has to be to remain viable. MySpace is a perfect example of timing and a failure to adapt. That's how fast it can happen. They need to be innovative and not responsive. If you're responsive, that means you're now #2.

I think that the free grader notes are so obvious that CGC charging for them is pure greed. They make the notes anyway and your paying for the grading. At least they should make the notes available for free to the person who submitted the book but charge others? :shrug: However enforcement of this would be impossible, just a thought.

Also, the TAT and fees need to be addressed next. I'm particularly unhappy with having to pay extra if you want to receive the standard TAT. I'm curious if their customer service regarding this has improved or if they still have "not my problem" attitude. Before they knew the customer had no other options.

Why would enforcement of free notes for the submitter be impossible? Invoices are linked to customers, books linked to invoices. It would be simple enough to tie the serial number to a customer. It'd also be more incentive to have an account and submit your own books.

Why would enforcement of free notes for the submitter be impossible? Invoices are linked to customers, books linked to invoices. It would be simple enough to tie the serial number to a customer. It'd also be more incentive to have an account and submit your own books.

Why would you need to enforce anything. In that case, then charge for each census search too.

I thought I was being fairly critical of Voldemort but I guess that's not allowed either.

Better shut my trap before I get spanked.

Did it get cleansed? You were so negative I went out and bought my first Voldermort slab last night though…

lol

Ok, well I'm not trying to talk anybody in or out of anything. There's supposed to be an alternative, I'm just trying to figure out exactly what that alternative is.

Free grader notes are fine but if I can clearly see the books are over-graded with my own eyes, the notes don't mean much.

I am starting to feel like I'm in that story Emperor's New Clothes though.

is this thread called 'big change at cgc' or 'person_without_enough_empathy at cgc'? :shrug:
Is this post called "something relevant to the topic" or "brown nosing" ? CGC is a business like MANY people on this board, they are currently looking bad, and people have never been shy about calling them out. Why do you have an issue with people airing out their issues with CGC. And I am sure CGC could come away with some good insights as to what their clients currently feel.

I thought I was being fairly critical of Voldemort but I guess that's not allowed either.

Did it get cleansed? You were so negative I went out and bought my first Voldermort slab last night though…

lol

Ok, well I'm not trying to talk anybody in or out of anything. There's supposed to be an alternative, I'm just trying to figure out exactly what that alternative is.

Free grader notes are fine but if I can clearly see the books are over-graded with my own eyes, the notes don't mean much.

Ah yes, CGC books are never overgraded right? I'm sure with the right sample-size one can make anything seem like the rule rather than the exception.

lol

Since you now have a place to safely post your links of comparisons please do so, it would be good to see what you are talking about, especially since most who have switched a CGC over and used both services are saying the opposite. Pics to back up your '95%' assertion would be great to see.

I didn't say CGC has never over-graded a book.

What I DID say is that after looking at about 5 pages of Voldemort slabs on eBay - which is about 200+ listings - I haven't seen any examples - particularly on the 9.6/9.8 end - that especially impress in terms of grading. Just my initial impression.

If you want to excuse it because it's not a 'big enough sample size' that's fine.

is this thread called 'big change at cgc' or 'person_without_enough_empathy at cgc'? :shrug:
Is this post called "something relevant to the topic" or "brown nosing" ? CGC is a business like MANY people on this board, they are currently looking bad, and people have never been shy about calling them out. Why do you have an issue with people airing out their issues with CGC. And I am sure CGC could come away with some good insights as to what their clients currently feel.

Is that what it is?

lol

Since you now have a place to safely post your links of comparisons please do so, it would be good to see what you are talking about, especially since most who have switched a CGC over and used both services are saying the opposite. Pics to back up your '95%' assertion would be great to see.

So everybody who has switched can say they're perfectly happy with what they're getting and everybody just has to except that as gospel? But when I say I'm happier with the majority of the CGC 9.6 slabs I own than what I'm seeing on eBay I have to PROVE why I'm happy?

The book in question is on eBay. It's easy enough to search.