• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Rotten Tomatoes now has it tracking nearly identically with Green Lantern:

Suicide Squad

26% positive out of 216 reviews counted

Average rating of 4.7 / 10

Green Lantern

26% positive out of 226 reviews counted

Average rating of 4.6 / 10

Rotten Tomatoes :eyeroll: The extended cut of Green Lantern was an easy 6.0/10 ;)

So it's currently at 26%, based on 212 reviews.

What does that make this... a one and a half star movie? hm

I'm still going to see it. I sat through Wolverine 3, Iron Man 2 & 3, and AoU, how bad could this be?

Isn't that what Custer said before the Battle Of The Little Big Horn :P

So sad because this seemed like it had so much potential and to fall off this agressively especially after everyone pistol whipped DC over BVSS you would think they would start to figure this stuff out. Shelve it, rework it, retool it, put everyone in a room and make them watch X-Men days of future past, Iron Man, GOTG, The Avengers and The Dark Knight on loop until it started to sink in or they could spend a few more million and go steal a few brains from those movies to figure it out.

I think this is an awful idea. I don't want to see Marvel Clones. It might actually be the problem DC is having- they are trying too hard to make it different.

Just got back from the 5:25 show. The theater was a little over half full.

Now that was a lot of fun without too much deep thought throughout the film. It is the actors and their characters that make this a lot of fun, along with the side villain being Waller all the way through.

That was really cool that the main action was taking place at the John Ostrander Building (creator of the Modern Suicide Squad).

- Harley, Deadshot and El Diablo are definitely the characters to watch

- The Joker was in it just enough to build the backstory about Harley and their crazy fixation on one another

- Amanda Waller is just EVIL!!!

- Rick Flag's love for June Moone was very well portrayed

- When they say Deadshot hates Batman, they are not kidding

- Katana also has a very sad backstory that I would like to see played out more

- Killer Croc was solid - and deadly

- El Diablo's backstory is really emotional but makes the character pop

- The Flash appearance was SO COOL - he took out Captain Boomerang like a champ!

- Mid-credit scene was good, as it leads into the Justice League

Overall rating: 7.0/10.0 :whee:

The story being so disjointed at times is what keeps this from being a great movie. But it is still loads of fun.

Now that was a lot of fun without too much deep thought throughout the film. It is the actors and their characters that make this a lot of fun, along with the side villain being Waller all the way through.

That was really cool that the main action was taking place at the John Ostrander Building (creator of the Modern Suicide Squad).

- The Joker was in it just enough to build the backstory about Harley and their crazy fixation on one another

- The Flash appearance was SO COOL - he took out Captain Boomerang like a champ!

The story being so disjointed at times is what keeps this from being a great movie. But it is still loads of fun.

What did you smoke/drink/inject/inhale before you saw it?

:devil:

Someone pointed out that Marvel has had its share of stinkers too.

The difference is, they are well written, well-acted, well directed. People (or fanboys) may not like the direction a film goes(IM interacting with a young boy as a mentor, IM having PTSD), choices made (fake Mandarin), etc, but the only movie from Marvel's Studio you could say was of poor "quality" would be Hulk, and portions of Captain America 1.

Everything else people knock films for (IM2, IM3, AoU) are their personal opinions about things they dont like. That's not the same as "bad dialogue", "bad pacing", "bad acting", etc. Which is why those films that some people rag on that Marvel has made, did well financially and critically (not 23% on RT, etc).

This 10000%

Yep agreed. This is spot on. It feels like certain people just want to mess on Marvel movies because of some sort of allegiance to DC/WB (shrug)

you don't find the pacing in AOU to be off? nor the storyling/plot of IM2 or IM3 bad?

bad acting? I don't think there hasn't been any award winners on either side.

I just finished watching the movie and I agree with the 7/10 assessment. The movie was entertaining. I'm not sure what movie the critics were watching. It is a comic book movie after all...it's not trying to win awards at the Sundance film fesitval.

Edited by chico_suave_58

I enjoyed it.

Not the best movie ever made, but not the bomb the critics make it out to be "or Hulksdaddy who seems to have been personally insulted by the movie lol".

Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and Viola Davis stood out to me with their performances. Would not mind a Deadshot solo or Joker + Harley movie.

Rotten Tomatoes audience score is 74%. That feels to me the more appropriate score. Definitely on par with Ghostbusters which if their critics scores were flipped would make a lot more sense to me.

The difference is, they are well written, well-acted, well directed. People (or fanboys) may not like the direction a film goes(IM interacting with a young boy as a mentor, IM having PTSD), choices made (fake Mandarin), etc, but the only movie from Marvel's Studio you could say was of poor "quality" would be Hulk, and portions of Captain America 1.

Everything else people knock films for (IM2, IM3, AoU) are their personal opinions about things they dont like. That's not the same as "bad dialogue", "bad pacing", "bad acting", etc. Which is why those films that some people rag on that Marvel has made, did well financially and critically (not 23% on RT, etc).

This 10000%

Yep agreed. This is spot on. It feels like certain people just want to mess on Marvel movies because of some sort of allegiance to DC/WB (shrug)

Just like certain people just want to mess on DC/WB movies because of some allegiance to Marvel. It works both ways. lol

DC's problem right now is that BvS and SS are based on the initial vision for their cinematic universe, which is not connecting with the broader movie-going audience. I can imagine the SS is a mess as they tried to correct things after the film was basically finished production and BvS was panned. That never works out.

That being said, with SS not having any real competition at the box office for a bit WB may luck out with a decent result in the end.

What did you smoke/drink/inject/inhale before you saw it?

:devil:

Obviously the same stuff that anyone did who thought Civil War or AoU were great movies. :devil:

I enjoyed it.

Not the best movie ever made, but not the bomb the critics make it out to be "or Hulksdaddy who seems to have been personally insulted by the movie lol".

Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and Viola Davis stood out to me with their performances. Would not mind a Deadshot solo or Joker + Harley movie.

Rotten Tomatoes audience score is 74%. That feels to me the more appropriate score. Definitely on par with Ghostbusters which if their critics scores were flipped would make a lot more sense to me.

:roflmao:

Honestly, I'm usually very easy on movies. Didn't hate BvS or MoS, like all the Marvel movies to one extent or another.

But this thing just blew me away with how bad it was. I really don't know what some of you were seeing to have enjoyed it at all. Perhaps expectations were lowered so far that as long as the screen lit up, you were happy? :grin:

This 10000%

you don't find the pacing in AOU to be off? nor the storyling/plot of IM2 or IM3 bad?

bad acting? I don't think there hasn't been any award winners on either side.

Those movies are not without their flaws. But their certainly more entertaining than anything DC/WBs putting out.

Pos:

Will Smith as Dead Shot

Enchantress creepiness in the beginning of the movie

Batman and Setting up for JLA with Cameos

Cons:

Jared Leto as Joker. Imagine Tony Montana with green hair. Heath Ledger (RIP) owns the role.

The Whole Movie

Overall: :P

Edited by Matches_Malone

blasphemy

AOU and Civil War are masterpieces

Two of my favourite three movies in the MCU along with WS.

Much better than IM or Avengers.

We just are all different, that's all. No wrong or right answer.

If I'm stuck on an island for the rest of my life and had my choice of 10 movies, they are...

SW, ESB, ROTJ, Jaws, WS, AOU, CW, Dazed and Confused, Indy and the Last Crusade and Chasing Amy.

Wouldn't even have to think about it.

Jim

Edited by Guardian Comics