• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

It's fun watching everyone try to define what a twisted deranged psychopath should be like. hm

I rather like the new look. We'll see how he acts it, and that's the most important part. Nobody knew how cool Ledger would be until we actually saw him do it.

Yes, Ledger's Joker was good, but he still missed by a mile. Then again, that's just my opinion.

Depends on what Joker you read growing up. I thought he nailed it.

It's fun watching everyone try to define what a twisted deranged psychopath should be like. hm

I rather like the new look. We'll see how he acts it, and that's the most important part. Nobody knew how cool Ledger would be until we actually saw him do it.

Yes, Ledger's Joker was good, but he still missed by a mile. Then again, that's just my opinion.

He was good, but he had a lot of differences from the Joker from the "Killing Joke" that he modeled the character after. I haven't seen this guy act or talk, but he LOOKS more like that Joker from that comic.

The thing is, it doesn't really matter WHAT he looks like. People were similarly worried when they saw the Ledger Joker with the facial scars. He just needs to be unique and compellingly insane and badass, that was what Ledger did. Leto is capable of it. Who knows if the screenplay sucks or not, just gotta wait and see. (shrug)

I was always a fan of Clint Eastwood's Fistful of Dollars movies growing up. Thought Ledger was absolutely brilliant of basically The Man With No Name as he starts to manipulate everyone into battles with each other. Besides his grounded look, he was extremely generous with the cast and they were no match for him (well, William Fitchner and Eric Roberts were pretty good). Most of them looked either shocked (Maggie Gyllenhall, Michael Jai White) or fustrated (Aaron Eckhart, Christian Bale), around him when sharing lines.with him. He was a force of nature.

Yeah, this Joker is shaping up to be a street punk version.

Every times some hot new actor takes on an established roll they need to try to put a twist on the character.

It would sometimes be a nice blast of fresh air to just see a classic representation rather than someone trying to outdo a previous version.

Exclusive: What the Joker will actually look like and upcoming film spoilers

According to our source, the Joker image everybody is talking about isn't a genuine image and doesn't match up with how he looks on set. He's missing scars (which we reported on a while back as mementos from his history with Batman) and the grill/teeth are a kind of WTF addition to the image. Our source elaborates that he's scarred on his back and arms and his skin is definitely whiter than what we see below. The tattoos are brand new if even real, and may have been added to cover up the areas where his scars will be.

:whee:

According to our source, the Joker image everybody is talking about isn't a genuine image and doesn't match up with how he looks on set. He's missing scars (which we reported on a while back as mementos from his history with Batman) and the grill/teeth are a kind of WTF addition to the image. Our source elaborates that he's scarred on his back and arms and his skin is definitely whiter than what we see below. The tattoos are brand new if even real, and may have been added to cover up the areas where his scars will be.

Kind of too late now. The damage has been done. They shouldn`t have shown that first Joker picture.

It`s all about perception.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

The folks in these threads are hilarious

Bottom line, I trust the director

He knows what he's doing,you'll see, he'll show them ;)

This is a crucial movie for DC because it`s their first big non-Superman and Batman movie in their new cinematic universe. People want it too succeed and not bomb like Green Lantern.

If this movie does 85 million domestically like David Ayer`s Fury did, than who is to say they might pull the plug on their universe movies, and just focus on Batman and Superman movies? That`s why a lot of people are going to scrutinize this movie.

Too me it looks and sounds like it will be a fair average movie, and it has to be better than that now in this highly competitive field.

In 2005 they could get away with mediocrity, not anymore.

Imagine if this movie did under 100 million domestically next summer?

That would be considered a bomb.

This Joker stuff has now created a bad vibe about this movie.

We will see how it turns out.

The folks in these threads are hilarious

Why is it "hilarious" to be concerned about something you've enjoyed for years and years being possibly ill-received when a great opportunity is there to translate it to a larger & more accessible medium?

I've been a Joker fan my whole life. When I saw the picture I immediately thought, "Ugh. That's NOT the Joker."

So you just blindly accept what they offer up even when it visually misfires right off the bat?

I'm not trying to be snarky...I'd like to understand.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

I think it's funny how much people are affected by this. There are far more things to get 'upset' about that how the joker is being portrayed.

Like I said, I have faith in the director and the actor.

and if it fails, it fails. no amount of discourse in this thread will change what the director/actor are doing.

Unless I'm mistaken, neither are logging in and reading these comments

:hi: David

And if they are, they are dumb to listen to anyone but themselves. These folks are professionals, and I expect them to look at the material (which I believe they have) and interpret it the way they see fit.

Kind of too late now. The damage has been done. They shouldn`t have shown that first Joker picture.

It`s all about perception.

While I dont mind the new "look" I also read somewhere might of been here actually not sure haha... but they released the image with all the joker tattoos as a tribute to the 75th anniversary to the character as if the joker was celebrating himself and that is not how the character will look in the movie actually.

I've been a Joker fan my whole life. When I saw the picture I immediately thought, "Ugh. That's NOT the Joker."

What I thought was that they were going for homages to images from The Killing Joke. Which they very explicitly were.

Jared-Leto-Joker-Killing-Joke-Picture.jpg

joker-killing-joke-jared-leto-133328.jpg