• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

I personally think they floated the image to test public reaction, got put on blast, and then backtracked and decided to go back to the drawing board.

Probably a smart move.

But I also fear the "Damage" may already have been done.

-J.

They're used to hardcore fans being dissatisfied with everything. Doesn't matter what he looks like, it matters how he acts. Ledger was good because he played it well and the writing on his scenes was stellar.

Here's a thread posted here back when the first pic of Ledger as the Joker was released--mostly people pooped on it. What a surprise! :makepoint:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=1685869

They're used to hardcore fans being dissatisfied with everything. Doesn't matter what he looks like, it matters how he acts. Ledger was good because he played it well and the writing on his scenes was stellar.

Here's a thread posted here back when the first pic of Ledger as the Joker was released--mostly people pooped on it. What a surprise! :makepoint:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=1685869

The picture that was posted is long gone, but whatever it was, it was apparently a fan created fake.

-J.

I think it's funny how much people are affected by this. There are far more things to get 'upset' about that how the joker is being portrayed.

Like I said, I have faith in the director and the actor.

and if it fails, it fails. no amount of discourse in this thread will change what the director/actor are doing.

Unless I'm mistaken, neither are logging in and reading these comments

:hi: David

And if they are, they are dumb to listen to anyone but themselves. These folks are professionals, and I expect them to look at the material (which I believe they have) and interpret it the way they see fit.

(thumbs u

Even if they did go with the Joker as the tatoo picture portrayed it wouldn't really matter. His hair is way pulled back in the photo and left to naturally dangle would likely cover the "damaged" tatoo. Add some clothing, perhaps a purple coloured suit and all the tatoos are covered. What matters is how Leto acts the role.

The folks in these threads are hilarious

Bottom line, I trust the director

He knows what he's doing,you'll see, he'll show them ;)

This is a crucial movie for DC because it`s their first big non-Superman and Batman movie in their new cinematic universe. People want it too succeed and not bomb like Green Lantern.

If this movie does 85 million domestically like David Ayer`s Fury did, than who is to say they might pull the plug on their universe movies, and just focus on Batman and Superman movies? That`s why a lot of people are going to scrutinize this movie.

Too me it looks and sounds like it will be a fair average movie, and it has to be better than that now in this highly competitive field.

In 2005 they could get away with mediocrity, not anymore.

Imagine if this movie did under 100 million domestically next summer?

That would be considered a bomb.

This Joker stuff has now created a bad vibe about this movie.

We will see how it turns out.

Remember what you initially say to me about Green Lantern based on test screenings before it was released........ :baiting:

Edited by kimik

Even if they did go with the Joker as the tatoo picture portrayed it wouldn't really matter. His hair is way pulled back in the photo and left to naturally dangle would likely cover the "damaged" tatoo. Add some clothing, perhaps a purple coloured suit and all the tatoos are covered. What matters is how Leto acts the role.

+1. As a big Batman fan I am fine with the image that was released. I do not care how he looks as long as the movie works. (thumbs u

+1. As a big Batman fan I am fine with the image that was released. I do not care how he looks as long as the movie works. (thumbs u

They seem to be counting on that mentality for the wonder woman and aquaman character designs as well. lol:shy:

-J.

They seem to be counting on that mentality for the wonder woman and aquaman character designs as well. lol:shy:

-J.

We can use the Heath Ledger Joker as the example: he was not a typical Joker at all, but it worked very well in the film.

I choose to think DC has learned what they need to do to be successful and will pull it off.

-J.

Wonder Woman looked fine to me. :cloud9:

I have not paid attention to Aquaman yet, but I did snag a Showcase #30 just in case. lol I guess I should have asked Momoa about the costume design and any other plans when he was in Calgary as a guest a couple of weeks ago. Mind you, our booth was so busy all day there may not have been time for it.

The folks in these threads are hilarious

Bottom line, I trust the director

He knows what he's doing,you'll see, he'll show them ;)

This is a crucial movie for DC because it`s their first big non-Superman and Batman movie in their new cinematic universe. People want it too succeed and not bomb like Green Lantern.

If this movie does 85 million domestically like David Ayer`s Fury did, than who is to say they might pull the plug on their universe movies, and just focus on Batman and Superman movies? That`s why a lot of people are going to scrutinize this movie.

Too me it looks and sounds like it will be a fair average movie, and it has to be better than that now in this highly competitive field.

In 2005 they could get away with mediocrity, not anymore.

Imagine if this movie did under 100 million domestically next summer?

That would be considered a bomb.

This Joker stuff has now created a bad vibe about this movie.

We will see how it turns out.

Remember what you initially say to me about Green Lantern based on test screenings before it was released........ :baiting:

Yes, I do. :hi: I and many others were so hopeful about Green Lantern.

I see it now though that

DC could survive one big failure of non-Batman/Superman characters, but I doubt another one would help.

Plus the game has really changed since Green Lantern in 2011.

Marvel really changed it.

Will see. I`ll give Suicide Squad the benefit of the doubt for now.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Exactly. I don't get too caught up in how something looks visually as much as I did in the past. If the writing is smart, the action and drama flow smoothly and the acting takes the material seriously, this could be a great time.

Look at things like "South Park" and "The Simpsons"....Crudely drawn, but simply brilliant in their satire and pop culture humor. It gets to the point where you don't see the images as much as you experience the characters and wit.

If this photo of Jared Leto is indeed the Joker, I think he looks great. Add in the film noir look I would expect, the facial expressions and a cool voice, it will be awesome....

I am not just talking the talk, I am walking the walk too.... :whistle:

0E09FCEF-5636-43AB-A68E-7E7ED1D3F0BC_zpsrwoo94r5.jpg