• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

who/what is/an Enchantress?

I was wondering the same thing. If I read a DC story with this character, I never even noticed her handle being mentioned.

Enchantress wiki page

---------------------

Suicide Squad

She is next recruited into the newly formed 'Task Force X', soon to be known as the 'Suicide Squad', on the offer that they could keep her villainous side in check. In her first mission she uses massive magical energy to defeat Brimstone, which sends her over the edge and she becomes temporarily truly villainous. During her tenure with the Suicide Squad, June Moone's control over her Enchantress side becomes weaker, and she wrecks at least one mission because of this; teammate Deadshot is tasked with taking her out should she get beyond control. Eventually Madame Xanadu diagnoses that June's loss of control is because she began using her powers before she could control them, and the only way to counteract this is not to use them until her aura, which protects her from the evil influences in magic, regains its power. Madame Xanadu gives June a necklace that she cannot remove, which together with a ring to be held by someone else creates a feedback loop preventing the Enchantress from using magic for evil as a temporary measure. June then discovers that her Enchantress persona is in fact a separate evil entity from another dimension fused with her, not simply a manifestation of magic. This entity is ripped from her by a demon called the Incubus, and shortly afterward June disappears from the Suicide Squad for unknown reasons. Nothing else is heard of June Moone or the Enchantress for eleven years.

---------------------

Does this give a hint of what version of Suicide Squad will be the primary force in this movie?

That's a heck of a lot of star power in this movie. Very interesting!

I think the people now who didn`t take DC seriously with these movies will have to now take a serious notice about these DC movies.

It looks like DC is all in for this movie. DC seems to be taking a different route then Marvel when it comes to picking actors. Most of the Marvel actors are not as famous as the DC actors. I wonder if this approach will work for DC?