• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

I'm actually more "concerned" about Will Smith playing Deadshot...It has nothing to do with race, etc. Just that it is "Will Smith" and to me, Will Smith is kind of Will Smith in every role he plays now...Maybe it is just over familiarity with his work but hopefully I'm proven wrong.

I actually think Oprah as Amanda Waller could be GENIUS. I mean, yes she has this very public persona but she did not get to where she is by being "nice" all the time has she? She is obviously a very tactical businesswoman. It is also this kind of 180 from her TV personality and roles she has played in other films that has me intrigued with that as a possible role...However, I think that is wishful thinking on WB's part, but who knows?

Also curious why they decided to go with the Enchantress character over more well-known ones but I guess none of this matters b/c most of the general public, outside of the Joker, will know who ANY of these characters are...

As a huge fan of the Ostrander run, I'm super psyched to see Rick Flagg & Enchantress on board. I figured Deadshot, The Wall and Boomerbutt were a given, but those two make it feel much more Suicide Squad to me. If they'd just give us Bronze Tiger, I'd be 100% happy!

Saw an interview long back with Smith where he says he figured out that effects-heavy sci-fi movies tend to be the blockbusters and he consciously tried to steer his career in that direction which is why he did Independence Day and I, Robot (After Earth must have been a hard pill to swallow).

He is very calculating about trying to get to the top and stay there which is offputting to me but perhaps no different than other Hollywood stars. I bet he's been scratching his chin these past few years thinking How do I get in on this superhero racket. Probably called in favors to get his wife on Gotham.

So if Oprah gets announced as Waller in the Suicide Squad film, will there be a spike in demand for Legends #1 or is that book dead?

Does anybody really think Oprah would want to play Amanda Waller?

Oprah`s a billionaire. I doubt she would play a small role like Waller.

They will probably find someone cheaper to play Waller.

I would've much rather had a line up of Deathstroke, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Bronze Tiger, Captain Boomerang, and (Insert female SS member here). Unless they are saving Deathstroke for a larger role.

Throw Will Smith out and make Tom Hardy Deadshot.

How did Will even get this role? I can't take him seriously. Maybe would've been better suited for another role.

Glad I picked up my Legends 3 last year when they were worthless.

Edited by Chris_Skeleton

I don't see Will Smith in the role. Either he'll overact, and he'll ruin the role, or play it completely deadpan, and people will say he was boring. He doesn't have Deadshot in him.

I'm already fed up of people chasing after Detective 474... beyond the obvious annoyance of seeing the pickers busy doing their thing, Deadshot's all wound up and out of character. They fine tuned his personality afterwards.