• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,408 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Bird said:

The film makers are not interested in keeping continuity for decades and want only to tell there story, usually in that 3 movie arc. So yes they just killed them all off, but they were telling the story of Ragnarok so everyone SHOULD die. I enjoyed Sif and The Warriors Three (and missed Baldur) but it is what it is, and in this case it is a movie trilogy designed to END. They are the Fellowship members destined to die.

I realize the focus was telling a story. But if we were using the original source material of Ragarok (either Thor 200's 'Beware If This Be Ragnarok' or Thor 276-278's 'And Now...Ragnarok' or 293-294's 'Twilight Of Some Gods') it served as a reset story. Not a total destruction of Asgard's people and place. Still entertaining without eliminating supporting characters. But I realize they went for a more modern reference.

Sunday details are still pending. But this is mind-blowing this moving is going into $500M Domestic alone at this point.

‘Black Panther’ Becoming 2nd Highest Marvel Pic With Near $500M

Similar to a week ago, no film can break out and survive in a Black Panther-ruled world, as the Marvel pic is seeing a $62.6M third weekend at No. 1, -44% with a pace toward $498M.

Saturday night is always a huge turning point for a movie, and if it ultimately hits $500M by Sunday, that’s no surprise. Even if it falls slightly short of a half-billion, Black Panther will rank as the second-highest grossing Marvel movie at the domestic box office, running over Avengers: Age of Ultron ($459M) and standing behind Avengers ($623M). At present, Black Panther will own the third-best third weekend ever at the domestic B.O. behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($90.2M) and Avatar ($68.5M).

11 hours ago, paperheart said:

everyone's list is going to be different:

1)BP

2)GOTG

3)IM

4)Cap: WS

5)Thor: Rag

6) S-M: HC

7)Avengers

8)Cap: CW

9) GOTG 2

10)Cap: FA

11)Dr. Strange

12)AoU

13)IM 2

14)IM 3

15-18) A-M, Thor 1, Thor 2, IH - not interested enough to see

So we are all just going to pretend that this never happened? :baiting:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0330793/fullcredits/producer?ref_=m_ttfc_4

-J.

9 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

You seemed loving every movie with good or bad review, don't you mind to? hm

I'm trying to understand your reference - and your sentence.

(shrug)

Edited by Bosco685

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I'm trying to understand your reference - and your sentence.

(shrug)

You don't mind watching the movie if it receives good or bad reviews.  I prefer the reviews first before going to the movie. It costs too much money today ($12-20 per movie). I missed going to the movies during the daytime --- the bad movies didn't matter to me because I paid bargain prices (only $2.50 - 4.50 per movie). It was fun back in 80's.

4 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

You don't mind watching the movie if it receives good or bad reviews.  I prefer the reviews first before going to the movie. It costs too much money today ($12-20 per movie). I missed going to the movies during the daytime --- the bad movies didn't matter to me because I paid bargain prices (only $2.50 - 4.50 per movie). It was fun back in 80's.

Look at something like Netflix's Bright recently. Critics tore into this film to the point you would think it is unwatchable leading to the RT low average. Yet it was a massive hit leading to a sequel.

I try to watch for average movie-goer feedback. Then, I'll make up my mind.

23 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

It costs too much money today ($12-20 per movie).

Buy the tickets in bulk at Costco ($9).  Granted, even that is only slightly cheaper than matinee ($10.75).  And save yourself the money of watching in 3D.  Unless it's Avatar, it's all pretty much a gimmick.

7 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

So we are all just going to pretend that this never happened? :baiting:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0330793/fullcredits/producer?ref_=m_ttfc_4

-J.

As was pointed out -- The Punisher (2004) pre-dates the MCU.

Punisher War Zone, however -- does not.

It came out in Dec. 2008 -- after Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk -- and, much to Marvel's dismay, should count.

(Yeah - folks claim Hulk it doesn't because Lionsgate distributed it, but Universal distributed The Incredible Hulk too and this is just as much an official "Marvel Studios" production).

25 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

As was pointed out -- The Punisher (2004) pre-dates the MCU.

Punisher War Zone, however -- does not.

It came out in Dec. 2008 -- after Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk -- and, much to Marvel's dismay, should count.

(Yeah - folks claim Hulk it doesn't because Lionsgate distributed it, but Universal distributed The Incredible Hulk too and this is just as much an official "Marvel Studios" production).

Does it really predate the MCU? It's literally the same production team as The Incredible Hulk.  Blade, I get. Different producers and what-not. The Punisher  (2004), though, probably should be considered the real "first" in the MCU.  It establishes a similar storytelling template later used in Iron Man. And for what it's worth, I actually found it enjoyable. 

-J.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Look at something like Netflix's Bright recently. Critics tore into this film to the point you would think it is unwatchable leading to the RT low average. Yet it was a massive hit leading to a sequel.

I try to watch for average movie-goer feedback. Then, I'll make up my mind.

I have seen trends in last 35 years. Today they have used computers on the movie more often than before.  So far, I really enjoyed Wonder Woman movie - a good balance between the computer stuff and acting. Of course the movie was directed by a female. The best superhero movie I had ever seen so far. I like people with varied looks and raw acting skills rather than all sexy athletes look same and monotonous actors but fews did well--- mainly I blame on the casting directors.  I missed 80's nostalgia.

Edited by JollyComics

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

Buy the tickets in bulk at Costco ($9).  Granted, even that is only slightly cheaper than matinee ($10.75).  And save yourself the money of watching in 3D.  Unless it's Avatar, it's all pretty much a gimmick.

I never knew it and I would try to be Costco member. I heard $50 membership for a year?