• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Just watched it a second time since buying it on iTunes. Probably my favorite from Marvel.

Spent the whole night tonight watching the movie, all the featurettes. the gag reel etc etc

This movie still does it for me on absolutely every level. Movie magic perfection in my book. How many more sleeps til Infinity War again?

Jim

Just watched it a second time since buying it on iTunes. Probably my favorite from Marvel.

Spent the whole night tonight watching the movie, all the featurettes. the gag reel etc etc

This movie still does it for me on absolutely every level. Movie magic perfection in my book. How many more sleeps til Infinity War again?

Jim

Personally I think that Thor 3 will open the eyes of many non believers. There is so much great potential for that movie, hopefully too much doesn't get leaked out before its release.

Saw it for the first time on Blu-ray, I give it 7.5/10, preferred Winter Soldier myself.

Best movie review ever.

Falls in line with your "Ultron is great" review last year. :baiting:

Nothing wrong with pithiness.

Saw it for the first time on Blu-ray, I give it 7.5/10, preferred Winter Soldier myself.

Best movie review ever.

Falls in line with your "Ultron is great" review last year. :baiting:

Best intelligent, well-thought out and witty comeback ever.

Jim

This may be the best comic book movie ever made. Agree that it satisfies on several levels. Superman the Movie and Batman (1989) will always be favorites for me, but dang, Cap 3 is everything I always wanted from a comic movie.

Zemo is definitely a better villain than people give him credit for.

He's definitely a better villain than this movie showed him to be.

Very disappointed in how they handled him and made Crossbones nothing more than a contrived plot device.

Zemo is definitely a better villain than people give him credit for.

He's definitely a better villain than this movie showed him to be.

Very disappointed in how they handled him and made Crossbones nothing more than a contrived plot device.

I'd have to disagree with you on Zemo. But only because I am not so locked in on the comic book portrayal.

His motivation for what he did was very much tied to the gradual events shown across the movies leading up to Age of Ultron. And as we see in everyday life (including comic book fans extremely loyal to the material or their perception of the source :baiting: ), motivations for a hateful cause can happen from anything commonly experienced. Including all these shooting stories we are experiencing across the USA.

So the death of his wife leading to this descent into madness leading to a plot to destroy those he blamed for what happened worked for me. And the studio leads said it best.

- Kevin Feige: "Very much a product of the [Marvel] Cinematic Universe and all that has occurred within that universe up to this point"

- Anthony Russo: "An everyman. His approach was 'I’ve seen these guys fight enough to know I can’t win: what I can do is figure out ways to undermine them';. He’s emotionally driven and he finds a weak spot."

I can understand if someone wanted an exact portrayal of stories they are very loyal to. But it would appear Feige is trying to ensure these building blocks all fit together with a purpose. That purpose may not always work for the traditional fans.

:eyeroll:

Good lord, are you going to follow every comment I make in this section?

Please don't try to justify anything to me because I'm not buying. I just didn't find his portrayal very interesting, I apologize. I like the actor, and I think some interesting things have been done with the character, though I do not think that happened here in this movie.

Would it make you feel better if I said I found it overall a fun movie and I was able to enjoy quite a bit of it?

Please don't try to justify anything to me because I'm not buying. I just didn't find his portrayal very interesting, I apologize. I like the actor, and I think some interesting things have been done with the character, though I do not think that happened here in this movie.

Would it make you feel better if I said I found it overall a fun movie and I was able to enjoy quite a bit of it?

(shrug)

You don't have to like this movie - or any of these movies. It was just a discussion why it worked for me for the most part. Though I get why the Crossbones use was not the best.

No need to overreact to such discussions.

stop trolling me dude :sumo:

stop trolling me dude :sumo:

:slapfight:

Anyone knows when will Civil War will be coming to Netflix?

I thought Netflix has an agreement with Disney of all new movies will be streaming the same day it comes out. Vudu has it for streaming but you have to buy it.