• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Are we ever going to see Spider-Man in the Civil War promotions?

One of the review sites pointed this out.

YTDOGCm.png

Team Captain America, they pull back and show everyone.

Team Iron Man, they stay tightly focused and halt the camera at Black Panther's shoulder.

Who is standing next to Black Panther?

:whee:

Fantastic! Iron Man's team has been seeming a little light :applause:

A little light? Vision could take out Cap's team by himself. :)

I was thinking the same thing. Vision is pretty much dealing you all 4 aces. Plus war machine and Iron Man. It's all pretty one sided. The only weak link is Black widow.

I know what you're thinking: Cap has hawkeye! He's good because...Um...Arrows! Yeah! they do all sorts of techy things like Iron Man's armor, but without the defensive capability of armor. But he never runs out of arrows!

And Cap has his buddy Falcon. But he sort of got pwned by Ant-man. But that's okay because Cap has Ant-man and he can get...small, which is what I'm always looking for when I get into a bar fight...the smallest guy. (Of course, I'm looking to find the smallest guy to fight AGAINST).

Scarlet Witch...okay. She's can zap some folks, and can throw up a force shield. And if she gets close enough, your ally just became your adversary. So She might actually be the strongest of anyone on Cap's team.

And I think you're reading too much into cropping of the shots. Maybe no one is next to Black Panther. and maybe it's a wider shot on Bucky because his arm is sort of his "thang". Black Panther's shoulder is just a shoulder. Looks just like the other one.

-Terry

A little light? Vision could take out Cap's team by himself. :)

I was thinking the same thing. Vision is pretty much dealing you all 4 aces. Plus war machine and Iron Man. It's all pretty one sided. The only weak link is Black widow.

I know what you're thinking: Cap has hawkeye! He's good because...Um...Arrows! Yeah! they do all sorts of techy things like Iron Man's armor, but without the defensive capability of armor. But he never runs out of arrows!

And Cap has his buddy Falcon. But he sort of got pwned by Ant-man. But that's okay because Cap has Ant-man and he can get...small, which is what I'm always looking for when I get into a bar fight...the smallest guy. (Of course, I'm looking to find the smallest guy to fight AGAINST).

Scarlet Witch...okay. She's can zap some folks, and can throw up a force shield. And if she gets close enough, your ally just became your adversary. So She might actually be the strongest of anyone on Cap's team.

And I think you're reading too much into cropping of the shots. Maybe no one is next to Black Panther. and maybe it's a wider shot on Bucky because his arm is sort of his "thang". Black Panther's shoulder is just a shoulder. Looks just like the other one.

-Terry

I also think the team-on-team fighting will be a bit more limited than many of us hope for. Its a movie about Captain America first, then a movie about Iron Man vs Cap, then a movie about Cap vs a bad guy, then maybe the teams mix it up a little. And while obviously sides appear to have been chosen, some characters might get taken out of the fight or choose to leave the fight prematurely. And as we've seen in the comics, Scarlet Witch really is an equalizer.

But that's okay because Cap has Ant-man and he can get...small, which is what I'm always looking for when I get into a bar fight...the smallest guy.

Well, actually...in this movie...

He can also get BIG.

So, we may see one of Pym's alter egos? Goliath? Giant-Man? hm

But that's okay because Cap has Ant-man and he can get...small, which is what I'm always looking for when I get into a bar fight...the smallest guy.

Well, actually...in this movie...

He can also get BIG.

So, we may see one of Pym's alter egos? Goliath? Giant-Man? hm

There was a leaked picture of a Lego set from the movie featuring Giant-Man :whee:

Chris Evans And Kevin Feige On Steve's Struggle In CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

"It’s exciting to see a guy who’s as optimistic and as selfless as Steve be met with letdown, betrayal, frustration, and selfishness. There are events and people in his life that test him — that challenge him and force him to reevaluate who he is and what he wants out of life." Evans continued, "Even though there are a lot characters, the focus is on Steve and his struggle. Especially his struggle with Tony Stark."

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige adds, "We've seen [the conflict] coming. The clues were there. When you watch the other films you see how Captain America and Iron Man fight the bad guys together, back-to-back, but they have differences. And there is something that happens in the world that divides them."

Anthony Mackie Possibly Reveals That SPOILER Will Also Be In Captain America: Civil War

In a recent interview with BBC Radio, actor Anthony Mackie (The Falcon) may have let slip the characters appearance in the film:

"It's Marvel's best movie thus far... It’s really, really good. It’s because it’s more of an acting movie than an action movie. I feel like the story is very concise and interesting, and you get to see Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans and Scarlett Johannson and Mark Ruffalo and everybody just do really, really good acting. And then there’s action in it. I think it might be the first superhero movie that might be up for Best Picture."

"They tie each story into the next movie."

:ohnoez: