• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

I'm sure that by the time May rolls around, the CGI will be more polished.

Yup. A lot of unfinished fx shots and even alternate takes make it into trailers.

Nobody pays attention to me when I point this out, but a significant number of key lines from the original Avengers trailer were from takes that didn't make it into the movie. Compare them, it's interesting hm

That's been happening for decades.

Good to know. I haven't followed a franchise as closely as the MCU so this is the first I had noticed. :foryou:

I've noticed looking for trailer scenes in movies only to find that they were cut. I just can't remember which scenes and which movies off the top of my head. lol

Fantastic Four definitely had one or two :baiting:lol

I agree. It would make sense that Steve knows what a true "friend" is, while Tony only thinks he does.

Sure, but my point is, Civil War is poignant because of two friends taking opposite sides on the hero registration issue. If Steve and Tony are not friends, you lose the emotional impact of those friends splitting. What you end up with is just another meaningless fist fight, ala AoU. And the MCU Steve and Tony are definitely not friends.

I guess what disappoints me is what these movies could be and what we are getting. Guardians had heart. The first Captain America had heart. None of Marvels other movies do. DC also squandered a powerful scene with how Clark's father dies in Man of Steel. These movies don't have to just be fights and explosions. They could be so much more with a little bit of thought. I'm not expecting Dark Knight level good, but getting us invested in the characters just a little would be nice.

With that said, it is possible they will establish the friendship in the movie giving the split the emotional impact it deserves. I only pointed out they hadn't established the friendship up to this point because of the highly connected nature of the MCU where they are building from one story to the next.

I agree. It would make sense that Steve knows what a true "friend" is, while Tony only thinks he does.

Sure, but my point is, Civil War is poignant because of two friends taking opposite sides on the hero registration issue. If Steve and Tony are not friends, you lose the emotional impact of those friends splitting. What you end up with is just another meaningless fist fight, ala AoU. And the MCU Steve and Tony are definitely not friends.

I guess what disappoints me is what these movies could be and what we are getting. Guardians had heart. The first Captain America had heart. None of Marvels other movies do. DC also squandered a powerful scene with how Clark's father dies in Man of Steel. These movies don't have to just be fights and explosions. They could be so much more with a little bit of thought. I'm not expecting Dark Knight level good, but getting us invested in the characters just a little would be nice.

With that said, it is possible they will establish the friendship in the movie giving the split the emotional impact it deserves. I only pointed out they hadn't established the friendship up to this point because of the highly connected nature of the MCU where they are building from one story to the next.

Steve and Tony are friends but not in the same way Steve is with Bucky. Rogers and Stark are team mates first, then friends second. Bucky is his life long friend. You could almost compare it like professional sports. All team mates have real friends, outside of their sports team, that they've had their whole lives and they would do anything for them. Tony Stark doesn't see it that way, but Rogers can separate the two.

Civil War Featurette Explores Black Panther, Scarlet Witch and More

Today, EW posted a special tease from the set in the form of a Captain America: Civil War featurette. Check it out in the player below for a behind the scenes look at the May 6, 2016 release. Among the topics discussed are the issue of superhuman registration, the role that Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch plays, and a lot more!

EW: So if they (Black Panther's claws) are made out of Vibranium and Captain America's (Chris Evans) shield is made out of Vibranium: Who wins in a fight?

Chadwick Boseman: I don't know, man. I don't know.

EW: Do we get to find out in the movie?

Chadwick Boseman: That's a great question right there.

EW: Is that a question the movie answers?

Chadwick Boseman: Hypothetically are you asking do we fight in the movie? Is that what you're asking?

EW: I think what I'm asking is, yeah. Are we going to see the answer to that in the movie?

Chadwick Boseman: I don't think you will.

EW: Okay. So hypothetically then: Who wins in a fight?

Chadwick Boseman: If you're talking to [Floyd] Mayweather or [Manny] Pacquiao, before Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, then Mayweather is going to say he'll win. And if you're talking to Canelo [Alvarez], before the [Miguel] Cotto fight, he's gonna say he's gonna win.

i find the international trailer better

It appears to focus more on the government actions, and less on the Cap-Bucky backstory that was the heavy focus of the first trailer.

I like both. But this seems to be the one that drives home why the events of Civil War occur.

Russo Brothers Tease The Vision's Role In Captain America: Civil War

Sina Entertainment chatted with the Captain America: Civil War directors, Anthony and Joe Russo, and they were asked if the red-skinned android plays a big part in the film. The question produced a tantalizing response. "Vision is a captivating character, and he does play a critical role in the Civil War," Joe Russo told Sina Entertainment. "The comic fans might be able to guess what he is going to do."

Possible spoiler! What Joe is probably referring to, which I alluded to earlier, is that Vision phases through Tony Stark's Iron Man armor during the final battle and disables it. This provides Captain America with an opportunity to pummel the everything living snot out of Tony, which he does. Sounds like something like that will happen in the film.

Massive SPOILERS Regarding A Huge Character Death In CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

The Hashtag Show (who dropped those Iron Fist character descriptions) have a new report up about Captain America: Civil War, and if accurate, this movie really is going to shake Phase 3 up in a huge way.

While the movie kicks off with the funeral of Peggy Carter - something we've known about for ages - it's going to end with one for Steve Rogers. Apparently, he makes a deal with the government for the freedom of his allies in exchange for him handing himself over, but he's killed just like in the epilogue for the Civil War comic book. Here's where things get really interesting:

Three versions of the same scene have been shot, with Sebastian Stan (Bucky), Anthony Mackie (The Falcon), and Emily VanCamp (Sharon Carter) all making their intentions to take over the mantle of Captain America clear. Obviously only one of these will be used, and Marvel likely did this to stop the identity of the next Cap leaking. Common sense says that Captain America: Civil War will follow the comics by picking Bucky, but there are two very interesting options there which could be explored instead.