• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

I still think Widow and Hawkeye are on the wrong sides.

He's a company man through and through, and last time we saw her Widow was going to give it all up to be with Banner.

Just seems wrong somehow.

I still think Widow and Hawkeye are on the wrong sides.

He's a company man through and through, and last time we saw her Widow was going to give it all up to be with Banner.

Just seems wrong somehow.

Hawkeye was a Shield company man - and in AOU he made it clear that Fury kept his family off the books/hidden. If this new Oversight version of the Avengers is made a reality his family would be exposed. That is the likely reason he is on that side.

I saw that article this morning, and was going to look into if it is referenced by other sources. But the suggested approach seems to fit the comic book story (other than who delivers the death blow).

What makes it questionable...

is how a few months back Chris Evans reversed course on his interviews from making it sound like he was wrapping up his time as Cap for someone else to take over. But then he said not long after he had renewed his dedication to the role.

But that may have been a mistake on his part revealing the end-state of CW too soon, and Disney telling him to correct his statements.

Are we ever going to see Spider-Man in the Civil War promotions?

One of the review sites pointed this out.

YTDOGCm.png

Team Captain America, they pull back and show everyone.

Team Iron Man, they stay tightly focused and halt the camera at Black Panther's shoulder.

Who is standing next to Black Panther?

:whee: