• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Everyone is back to where they were before the movie with the exception of stark

If you mean that Captain America (sans shield), Falcon, Ant-man, Hawkeye, Scarlett Witch and Black Widow, now being rogue agents that would be hunted/captured/killed on sight per Thunderbolt Ross being exactly how things were before the movie began then yeah, you are right.

How is Thunderbolt Ross in a position to authorize this? You mean per the United Nations or an authoritative body, correct?

Everyone is back to where they were before the movie with the exception of stark

If you mean that Captain America (sans shield), Falcon, Ant-man, Hawkeye, Scarlett Witch and Black Widow, now being rogue agents that would be hunted/captured/killed on sight per Thunderbolt Ross being exactly how things were before the movie began then yeah, you are right.

How is Thunderbolt Ross in a position to authorize this? You mean per the United Nations or an authoritative body, correct?

He's obviously been sanctioned with handling the coordination & implementation on the US side of this, as seen by him having authority over the Raft prison.

Correct. Although when Stark went to the raft to talk to the captured Avengers, I was under the impression that Ross told Stark they were going after Cap and Winter Soldier. Now that very well could have been under the authority of the accords that were signed by the UN, but it seemed more personal to me as if it was Ross ordering it.

Either way I don't think it makes much difference if it was Ross/US coming after them or the UN, they were still wanted fugitives.

What you guys are missing is the next big event that will happen with The Avengers...the accord will be a joke once Ross and other world leaders realize they need all superheroes to save the planet....again.

Correct. Although when Stark went to the raft to talk to the captured Avengers, I was under the impression that Ross told Stark they were going after Cap and Winter Soldier. Now that very well could have been under the authority of the accords that were signed by the UN, but it seemed more personal to me as if it was Ross ordering it.

Either way I don't think it makes much difference if it was Ross/US coming after them or the UN, they were still wanted fugitives.

Well, now we know how SHIELD is going to re-enter the picture.

With SHIELD an officially non-existing law enforcement agency (unofficially operating in the shadows), where does Agent 13 fit in?

Also, what happened to Colby Smothers and Nick Fury?

With SHIELD an officially non-existing law enforcement agency (unofficially operating in the shadows), where does Agent 13 fit in?

Also, what happened to Colby Smothers and Nick Fury?

Agent 13 is with the CIA but...

We don't know yet where she lands after CW though since she probably might get at least sanctioned/fired/jailed for her actions with helping cap.

Maria Hill is still assumedly working for Stark.

Fury is likely underground & probably operating under cover ID's & with all his safehouses & whatnot.

In a totally unrelated note, my son just sent me this. No wonder Winter Soldier is so powerful, he's a GD Jedi.

546059FE-065E-4B6D-A834-06E15390BAA9.jpg

Sebastian Stans face super imposed over Mark Hamill...the resemblance is absolutely uncanny.

Jim

In a totally unrelated note, my son just sent me this. No wonder Winter Soldier is so powerful, he's a GD Jedi.

546059FE-065E-4B6D-A834-06E15390BAA9.jpg

Sebastian Stans face super imposed over Mark Hamill...the resemblance is absolutely uncanny.

Jim

Damn, that's incredible.

Is it me or is the vision's eyes an issue???

I would like him to lose the eyes saying they were a "decoration for acceptance" and could see better without them...

162289.jpg

This way he would still look badassed even a sweater...

;)

An amazing number, but a full $30 million below the pre-weekend projections.

It was expected to be the fourth film to crack $200 million based on:

a) stronger pre-sales than BvS & other recent blockbusters and

b) playing in fewer theaters than Age of Ultron, Avengers, & Jurassic World, but at a greater number of Imax and 3-D screens (thus, higher avg. ticket prices).

Just as in the stock market, it's not just absolute performance that matters, but also performance relative to expectations.

An amazing number, but a full $30 million below the pre-weekend projections.

It was expected to be the fourth film to crack $200 million based on:

a) stronger pre-sales than BvS & other recent blockbusters and

b) playing in fewer theaters than Age of Ultron, Avengers, & Jurassic World, but at a greater number of Imax and 3-D screens (thus, higher avg. ticket prices).

Just as in the stock market, it's not just absolute performance that matters, but also performance relative to expectations.

agree, this does seem like a disappointing #.

Lower than who's expectations? I suspect Marvel will be happy with the results. Why does everyone think these movies are going to just keep topping each other? That is pretty unheard of with sequels. Domestically, this will probably finish between Winter Soldier and AofU which is a good place to be and makes sense since this is an Avengers movie with a Captain America title.

Man, first everyone was hard on BvS for only make $850+ million international and now we are disappointed with a $180 million open. Both numbers are incredible for these movies and means we will continue to see more superhero movies in the future.