• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Agent Carter on ABC Spoiler-filled Thread (Sneak Peek Preview released)
2 2

513 posts in this topic

So more ham-fisted fight scenes and her colleagues demeaning her and her experience in the war?

You do realize this was a period setting of the late 40's and early 50's right? What you call "ham-fisted" I see as a slightly campy throwback to what came before it (as its base in television); the demeaning aspect of men towards women is exactly what happened when the solders came home and is very important not to gloss over.

Will we see more revealing outfits for Miss Atwell's boobies? Let's hope!

Nope, this is Marvel quality, not some DC tween cheese fest Garbo show

Will we see more revealing outfits for Miss Atwell's boobies? Let's hope!

Nope, this is Marvel quality, not some DC tween cheese fest Garbo show

I hate when DC does that stuff.

black-widow-poster.jpg

scarlett-johansson-black-widow-solo-movie.jpg

blackwidow.jpg

So more ham-fisted fight scenes and her colleagues demeaning her and her experience in the war?

You do realize this was a period setting of the late 40's and early 50's right? What you call "ham-fisted" I see as a slightly campy throwback to what came before it (as its base in television); the demeaning aspect of men towards women is exactly what happened when the solders came home and is very important not to gloss over.

Nicely said, Doug. I don;t know how many people here are aware of what women went through during those years.

I am also not quite sure how "ham-fisted" the fight scenes were. I didn;t see anything awkward about them.

Basically the series caught a time period beautifully and also managed to capture a GA Comic feel at the same time. One of the unique comic book inspired shows I've seen.

No cleavage in any of those pics ;) , the Arrow epsiodes I watched last night on Netflix, well...

But, I dont think posting "show us your boobies" in the Agent Carter thread needs to be defended does it?

No cleavage in any of those pics ;) , the Arrow epsiodes I watched last night on Netflix, well...

But, I dont think posting "show us your boobies" in the Agent Carter thread needs to be defended does it?

No, that is just silly. But making it out as if DC is playing the female body game when Marvel has had Black Widow running around with that half-zipped imaging seems to be a miss as well.

If DC was going for the huge clevage imaging, Gal Gadot sure wouldn't have been in the running for Wonder Woman. And characters like Power Girl would have been cast already.

558.jpg

All you would have to do is throw a white costume with a large cleavage cut onto any large woman, acting skills or not. Thank goodness DC is not going down that path.

All you would have to do is throw a white costume with a large cleavage cut onto any large woman, acting skills or not. Thank goodness DC is not going down that path.

Yes, they have sorted out their casting, and are doing it right now adays, just wish it had come before affleck, not after.

In agree I shouldnt have put the DC comment in there, just getting really tired of lame spam posts in the Shield and Carter threads. Most of the haters are Flash fans, so maybe I shall just start posting in that thread the way they post in here.

No, that is just silly. But making it out as if DC is playing the female body game when Marvel has had Black Widow running around with that half-zipped imaging seems to be a miss as well.

If DC was going for the huge clevage imaging, Gal Gadot sure wouldn't have been in the running for Wonder Woman. And characters like Power Girl would have been cast already.

558.jpg

Every movie, comic, tv show, book, has a theme (or more than one) and a target audience they're shooting for. Neither Marvel or DC (or most other businesses) are above doing what's necessary to achieve their goals. Agent Carter is presumed to be somewhat of a family show, leaning catering a bit more towards women and a bit of the older generations, than say, a show like 'Arrow', which seems to be targeted toward a high/school college demographic. Which is not to say that if you don't fall into a target audience the show isn't for you.

On another note, Captain America and Thor have as much 'sex appeal' as Black Widow in the movies. If you're not seeing it, maybe you're not in the target audience, or you Scarlet Johannsson really gets you going (nothing wrong with either of those things). But don't blame Marvel because you can't watch Avengers with your wife and kids.