• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Agent Carter on ABC Spoiler-filled Thread (Sneak Peek Preview released)
2 2

513 posts in this topic

Yes, they have sorted out their casting, and are doing it right now adays, just wish it had come before affleck, not after.

In agree I shouldnt have put the DC comment in there, just getting really tired of lame spam posts in the Shield and Carter threads. Most of the haters are Flash fans, so maybe I shall just start posting in that thread the way they post in here.

Oh, I know DC/Warner dropped the ball for a long time in delivering each movie in a way they would be the success this hobby needed. And for a long time, Marvel did the same.

But I get what you are saying on the thread negativity where someone will repeatedly drop a bomb just because they dislike something about a movie or TV show. For me, I like Agent Carter just like it is being delivered - with class, while also factoring in the period and events of the time.

:foryou:

Every movie, comic, tv show, book, has a theme (or more than one) and a target audience they're shooting for. Neither Marvel or DC (or most other businesses) are above doing what's necessary to achieve their goals. Agent Carter is presumed to be somewhat of a family show, leaning catering a bit more towards women and a bit of the older generations, than say, a show like 'Arrow', which seems to be targeted toward a high/school college demographic. Which is not to say that if you don't fall into a target audience the show isn't for you.

On another note, Captain America and Thor have as much 'sex appeal' as Black Widow in the movies. If you're not seeing it, maybe you're not in the target audience, or you Scarlet Johannsson really gets you going (nothing wrong with either of those things). But don't blame Marvel because you can't watch Avengers with your wife and kids.

Why of course every movie or TV show has a theme and target audience. But assuming DC is doing nothing but plugging sex-encouraging characters in would be a far stretch from reality. Though I am sure like Marvel you can say DC has stars that are definitely admired by the opposite sex (or same - not that there's anything wrong with that).

:grin:

Yes, they have sorted out their casting, and are doing it right now adays, just wish it had come before affleck, not after.

In agree I shouldnt have put the DC comment in there, just getting really tired of lame spam posts in the Shield and Carter threads. Most of the haters are Flash fans, so maybe I shall just start posting in that thread the way they post in here.

Oh, I know DC/Warner dropped the ball for a long time in delivering each movie in a way they would be the success this hobby needed. And for a long time, Marvel did the same.

But I get what you are saying on the thread negativity where someone will repeatedly drop a bomb just because they dislike something about a movie or TV show. For me, I like Agent Carter just like it is being delivered - with class, while also factoring in the period and events of the time.

:foryou:

Every movie, comic, tv show, book, has a theme (or more than one) and a target audience they're shooting for. Neither Marvel or DC (or most other businesses) are above doing what's necessary to achieve their goals. Agent Carter is presumed to be somewhat of a family show, leaning catering a bit more towards women and a bit of the older generations, than say, a show like 'Arrow', which seems to be targeted toward a high/school college demographic. Which is not to say that if you don't fall into a target audience the show isn't for you.

On another note, Captain America and Thor have as much 'sex appeal' as Black Widow in the movies. If you're not seeing it, maybe you're not in the target audience, or you Scarlet Johannsson really gets you going (nothing wrong with either of those things). But don't blame Marvel because you can't watch Avengers with your wife and kids.

Why of course every movie or TV show has a theme and target audience. But assuming DC is doing nothing but plugging sex-encouraging characters in would be a far stretch from reality. Though I am sure like Marvel you can say DC has stars that are definitely admired by the opposite sex (or same - not that there's anything wrong with that).

:grin:

I agree with you.

Synopses For The Next Seasons Of AGENT CARTER & AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Released

Agent Carter Season 2:

“Dedicated to the fight against new atomic age threats in the wake of World War II, Peggy must now journey from New York City to Los Angeles for her most dangerous assignment yet. But even as she discovers new friends, a new home — and perhaps even a new love — she’s about to find out that the bright lights of the post-war Hollywood mask a more sinister threat to everyone she is sworn to protect.”

Synopses For The Next Seasons Of AGENT CARTER & AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Released

Agent Carter Season 2:

“Dedicated to the fight against new atomic age threats in the wake of World War II, Peggy must now journey from New York City to Los Angeles for her most dangerous assignment yet. But even as she discovers new friends, a new home — and perhaps even a new love — she’s about to find out that the bright lights of the post-war Hollywood mask a more sinister threat to everyone she is sworn to protect.”

Cool. Their take on post-war Hollywood may prove to be quite entertaining!

Agent Carter Season 2 To Feature Villain From Marvel Comic Book Universe

Rather than continue the Winter Soldier storyline teased during Season One’s climax, Marvel’s Agent Carter will blaze new territory with established Marvel Comics Villains. According to Executive Producer Michelle Fazekas, Agent Carter’s second season will feature multiple Marvel Universe villains that comic readers will instantly recognize.

“People who are fans of the Marvel comic book universe will recognize our villain and there’s more than one villain,” Fazekas told Entertainment Weekly. “We’re certainly taking inspiration from the comic book universe, so anybody who knows that will be rewarded.”

Very glad to see Jarvis will be starring with her:)

I'm a DC fan, but this show was so classy, the fights looked choreographed, easily my favorite of all the comic book tv shows out at the present time.

I think I watched everything except Constantine. I only saw that twice and it was enough.

BTW, Pov had it exactly right. Women thought they took a step forward during WWII since they were such a big part of the war effort, only to be tossed back into the former status by returning soldiers. After all, men were the family breadwinners. If you were an unmarried female no longer living at home, you were supposed to live on air I guess..

BTW, Pov had it exactly right. Women thought they took a step forward during WWII since they were such a big part of the war effort, only to be tossed back into the former status by returning soldiers. After all, men were the family breadwinners. If you were an unmarried female no longer living at home, you were supposed to live on air I guess..

That's why early on in this thread I had mentioned how the show runners were portraying the history of the time for women.

I watched both episodes today, and really liked this.

:applause:

I like well-done period pieces anyway. But even better that it involves a strong female character standing out during a time where men were assumed to be the dominate contributors. This show reminds us otherwise.

----------------------

By 1945, more than 18 million U.S. women worked in defense industries and support services. Shipyards in the San Francisco Bay Area employed more than 240,000 people. By wars end these shipyards built 4,600 ships-nearly half of all the cargo vessels and warships delivered for the war effort.

On a plaque overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge at the Rosie the Riveter Memorial in Richmond's Marina Bay, a shipyard worker is quoted, "You must tell your children, putting modesty aside, that without us, without women, there would have been no spring in 1945."

----------------------

Though after the war, many of those jobs changed. I think they did a good job representing this in the show. How this major contributor was now relegated to a clerk's job. What a waste of experience that would have been.

It definitely took some of the people that had helped keep the war moving forward and thrown them back into 'traditional roles' without recognizing and supporting their accomplishments.

Dominic Cooper Will Reprise The Role Of 'Howard Stark' For AGENT CARTER Season 2

We've already had word that James D'Arcy and Enver Gjokaj will be returning as Edwin Jarvis and Agent Daniel Sousa for the second season of Marvel's Agent Carter, with Chad Michael Murray, Bridget Regan, and Lyndsy Fonseca (Angie Martinelli) also expected to reprise their roles. One character who played a crucial role in season 1 but didn't seem as certain to return was Howard Stark, but Hayley Atwell has assured Den Of Geek that Dominic Cooper will be back - though given the actor's slate, don't expect him to pop up in every episode.

Blu-ray Release Date For AGENT CARTER Season 1

41i6igLAgjL.jpg

Marvel & Amazon have officially announced the Blu-ray/DVD release date for both Agent Carter: The Complete First Season and Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete Second Season. They are both currently being touted as Amazon Exclusives and will be available to ship on September 18.

Rather than continue the Winter Soldier storyline teased during Season One’s climax, Marvel’s Agent Carter will blaze new territory with established Marvel Comics Villains. According to Executive Producer Michelle Fazekas, Agent Carter’s second season will feature multiple Marvel Universe villains that comic readers will instantly recognize.

“People who are fans of the Marvel comic book universe will recognize our villain and there’s more than one villain,” Fazekas told Entertainment Weekly. “We’re certainly taking inspiration from the comic book universe, so anybody who knows that will be rewarded.”

Any thoughts who the Season 2 villain(s) could be? hm Wasn't that big a fan of Leviathan but thoroughly enjoyed Season 1 as it progressed.

Any thoughts who the Season 2 villain(s) could be? hm Wasn't that big a fan of Leviathan but thoroughly enjoyed Season 1 as it progressed.

I want to see a Sleeper.