• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

Brazil gave Wonder Woman a really nice bump (total is now $33.5M), along with a number of smaller countries wrapping up the run3r2BtZi.png

This does not surprise me.  I traveled to Brazil in June for a work assignment and on the last day I was having lunch with my Brazilian counterparts.  During the conversations, I was asking a lady how she came to speak such good English.  Her response was that she loved American movies and picked up the language from watching them.   Young Brazilians enjoy American culture.   

So with Wonder Woman achieving more at the Domestic Box Office than it did at the International Box Office, did this detract at all from its overall financial success? Comparing to a movie like Spider-man: Homecoming which follows the more traditional superhero movie pattern (38% to 42% Domestic, 58% to 62% International), you can see where WB utilizing a lower production budget and marketing budget results in a higher success. Not to take away from Homecoming.

What I didn't realize directly - but wondered about with the lack of heavy marketing weeks out from Wonder Woman being released - was the change in marketing approach.

How Supergirl Influenced Wonder Woman's Marketing

tHCJQSq.png

Edited by Bosco685

‘Wonder Woman’ Blu-ray and special features review

Video and Audio

The picture quality of Wonder Woman is fantastic. Everything looks crisp and detailed on my 1080p TV. I watched the Digital HD version last month, and one of the benefits of buying the Blu-ray is for the better picture quality. Digital is convenient, but nothing beats the quality of a physical disc.

Wonder Woman sounds great as well. I have a 5.1 surround sound system, but the Blu-ray supports full 7.1 if you have the right equipment to take advantage of it.

And as a bonus, as soon as you pop in the Blu-ray the Justice League trailer starts playing. It was really cool to see it in full 1080p with surround sound for the first time. That’s an experience that you just can’t get on a compressed YouTube video.

A Director’s Vision

The section covers Patty Jenkins’ vision for the movie and how they created the biggest moments, including “Themyscira: The Hidden Island”, “Beach Battle”, “A Photograph Through Time”, “Diana in the Modern World”, and “Wonder Woman at War”.

Each part is about five minutes long. My favorite was “Themyscira: The Hidden Island”. Patty Jenkins admitted that creating Themyscira was the hardest part of working on the movie. How do you create paradise? It was really cool to see all of the real locations that were used, and how everything came together.

A very close second would be the “Beach Battle”. Seeing all of the work that goes into creating a big scene like that was awesome. Every section here was great though. This kind of content is my favorite part about a Blu-ray’s special features.

Extended Scenes

There are extended scenes, an alternative scene, and even a deleted scene.

The extended scenes run for about a minute, but the longest is an alternative take on the boat scene with Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor. It features a lot of the dialogue that made the final cut of the movie, but there are some new lines here too. The entire scene plays out differently, and in the end, I think they made the right choice using the version they chose for the movie.

The deleted scene features Wonder Woman, Steve Trevor, and their team having a quick chat as they walk to the No Man’s Land battle scene. Patty Jenkins said they changed this scene during reshoots because she wanted Wonder Woman to see more of the horrors of war.

Wrap-Up

Most of you probably already bought the Digital HD version of Wonder Woman in order to watch it at home a few weeks before the release of the Blu-ray. I would still recommend you pick up a physical copy as well. You’ll get better video and audio quality, and over two hours of entertaining specials features filled with cool behind-the-scenes footage and interesting details.

Watched it last night. I have to say I liked it even more than I did in the theater. And I enjoyed this movie at the theater.

Third act actually didn't bother me. Other than when Ares is destroyed, and that German soldier walks over to Chief for a hug like he came out of a trance. Still, a fun and entertaining movie!

22 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Up on Amazon video on demand now for $4.99 in HD. I am going to rewatch it over the week-end! 

I'm watching my copy tonight.

Watched a lot of the behind the scenes, so I'm fairly excited for it.

Not so much for the Justice League after watching the trailer. lol 

On 9/22/2017 at 4:54 PM, Bosco685 said:

Watched it last night. I have to say I liked it even more than I did in the theater. And I enjoyed this movie at the theater.

Third act actually didn't bother me. Other than when Ares is destroyed, and that German soldier walks over to Chief for a hug like he came out of a trance. Still, a fun and entertaining movie!

I found the third act to be good as well. I thought the first act may have been the weakest. To me the movie really picked up when they got off the island.

Also rewatching it I have to say Chris Pine really added a lot to this movie.The chemistry he had with Wonder Woman really was special.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

16 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I'm watching my copy tonight.

Watched a lot of the behind the scenes, so I'm fairly excited for it.

Not so much for the Justice League after watching the trailer. lol 

It will be hard to top Wonder Woman both critically and box office wise. Wonder Woman the movie was special like the Logan and Deadpool movies. Those kind of superhero movies are rare.

9 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

The best DC movie since The Dark Knight Rises.

Period.

I can't believe how well it worked.

I was never bored once. Between Logan and this one, funnybook movies from rival companies haven't this good since 2012.

Lot of action, and had quiet scenes in the right spots. Chris Pine was brillant on the way he played off Wonder Woman.