• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, reddwarf666222 said:

It's not official by those numbers that is Monday's numbers. What are Tuesday's numbers? Usually Tuesday outperforms Monday 

What do you mean? Your question is slightly confusing.

MONDAY'S NUMBERS:

23 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Based on Monday's results, not even accounting for any domestic results from today.

- $172K from $400M domestic

- $5.6M from $400M international

- $5.77M from $800M worldwide

AhGCgAs.jpg

Remaining release dates:

- Japan: 25 August 2017

TUESDAY'S NUMBERS:

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

By the way, it's official!

iZryiuh.png

Iron Man 3 (2013): $409M domestic

Captain America Civil War (2016): $408.1M domestic

So the reason people were celebrating $400MM yesterday was because they knew all that was needed was $172K on Tuesday and it would achieve that amount. Tuesday ended up being $395K. So the movie surpassed $400M as of yesterday.

Amazing!

UbKu8OZ.jpg

Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Has Topped $400 Million In North America

And now it's super-duper official. Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc.'s Wonder Woman earned another $395,000 yesterday, which was a drop of just 31% from last Tuesday. And that brings its domestic total up to $400.223 million in North America after 68 days of domestic release. So, yes, Patty Jenkins and Geoff Johns' Wonder Woman is the 27th movie to gross more than $400m domestic in its theatrical lifetime. Among "didn't need a re-release" titles, it is one of the slowest such offerings, behind only Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (74 days), The Hunger Games (8o days) and Frozen (155 days). Of course, it's also the leggiest "opened on a Friday" $100m+ opener of all time, so potato/patato. It should top the $400.7m domestic total of Frozen either tomorrow or Friday, but that’s for another day.

Yes, it is the biggest-grossing movie of the summer in North America. And yes, it is the biggest movie ever in North America and worldwide (it’s at around $795 million globally) helmed by a solo female director. Heck, among anything helmed by a woman, it sits only behind Frozen (co-directed by Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck) and its $1.27 billion global cume. As big as Wonder Woman may be in Japan when it opens on the 25th, it isn’t going to clear $1.27b worldwide. The question is whether it plays enough like Maleficent ($63m in 2014) to make a run at challenging the $873m global cume of Batman v Superman, but we’ll cross that bridge if-and-when.

:applause:

53 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

What do you mean? Your question is slightly confusing.

MONDAY'S NUMBERS:

TUESDAY'S NUMBERS:

So the reason people were celebrating $400MM yesterday was because they knew all that was needed was $172K on Tuesday and it would achieve that amount. Tuesday ended up being $395K. So the movie surpassed $400M as of yesterday.

The wrong numbers were reported the film did 386k yesterday. poor research because they all wanted to jump the gun

25 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

The wrong numbers were reported the film did 386k yesterday. poor research because they all wanted to jump the gun

But what the analytic sites initially receive are estimates before next day final numbers. So what you call 'poor research' (which you wait until the next day to get the final numbers) is post-estimates. Not poor research.

22 hours ago, reddwarf666222 said:

I don't really see that as a good list myself. Some of those films have much higher budgets so word of mouth really wouldn't effect a film like B and B as much in what the final ratio will be domestically times budget. I think the better option to see is the drop off for the second weekend barring that the film was a limited release at first that got a wider release 

At the risk of being Captain Obvious, the multiplier adjusts for the higher budgets.

And it's particularly telling how much people liked Wonder Woman -- even folks on this here boards thought there was zero chance it would surpass Guardians of the Galaxy 2's domestic take after it grossed more than $40 million less than that film its opening weekend.

That's a hell of a lot of ground to make up, let alone end up easily surpassing -- by the end of its run.

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

At the risk of being Captain Obvious, the multiplier adjusts for the higher budgets.

And it's particularly telling how much people liked Wonder Woman -- even folks on this here boards thought there was zero chance it would surpass Guardians of the Galaxy 2's domestic take after it grossed more than $40 million less than that film its opening weekend.

That's a hell of a lot of ground to make up, let alone end up easily surpassing -- by the end of its run.

I have not seen GotG 2, but everyone I know that has seen both said that WW is the much better film. WW is trending like the first GotG did - word of mouth was the key to longer and larger gains.

Edited by kimik

I never even heard this was being talked about.

Kate Beckinsale Reveals The Reason She Passed On Wonder Woman

wonder-woman-kate-beckinsale-1014694-640

Actress Kate Beckinsale is more known for the Underworld franchise, but at one point she was in talks to take on the iconic DC role. This was back in the mid-2000s though, which had something to do with why she passed.

When asked by Yahoo why she opted not to stay involved, Beckinsale said: “But the incarnations that I was seeing were…, they weren’t this one [the 2017 film].” As the interviewer Kevin Polowy notes, that pause seemed to indicate a not so pleasant word for what she was seeing at the time.

Superhero films were much different back then than the ones fans are used to now, including the way they are built. It seems their approach at the time was nowhere near Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot's version.

Beckinsale also admitted to not being crazy about more spandex.

“I don’t know if I was desperate to be in a leotard. I’d already done the rubber trousers,” she said. “You have to take in that you have a child at some point and how much could you possibly embarrass them.”

Beckinsale is excited for the doors that a film like Wonder Woman opens though.

“And now, for my daughter’s generation, they’re not questioning that at all," said Beckinsale. "You know, Wonder Woman smacked everybody at the box office…. That’s normal to them and that feels like a short period of time for quite a big change. It’s nice to have been part of moving that needle. It’s nice to have that.”

Wonder Woman home release to arrive with tons of extras!

wonder-woman-blu-ray-steelbook-1012366-6

You'll be able to snag yourself a copy of WONDER WOMAN starting on August 29th, when the digital version of the film becomes available. Shortly thereafter, you can own the movie via DVD, Blu-Ray, and Video on Demand as of September 19th.

WONDER WOMAN Ultra HD Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray and Blu-ray Combo Pack contain the following special features:

• Epilogue: Etta’s Mission - Etta Candy gets the boys back together for a secret mission that could impact humanity’s future.
  • Crafting the Wonder - Wonder Woman finally comes to life in her first, breathtaking solo film. Explore the journey to create an adventure worthy of DC’s greatest warrior.
  • A Director’s Vision: Themyscira: The Hidden Island
  • A Director’s Vision: Beach Battle
  • A Director’s Vision: A Photograph Through Time
  • A Director’s Vision: Diana in the Modern World
  • A Director’s Vision: Wonder Woman at War
  • Join director Patty Jenkins as she takes you on an exclusive journey through “Wonder Woman’s” most pivotal and exciting moments
  • Warriors of Wonder Woman - Witness the creation of the Amazon army as the women of “Wonder Woman” transform emotionally and physically into the world’s most powerful and heroic warriors.
  • The Trinity - Filmmakers and comic book creators explore the legend of Wonder Woman and how she stands shoulder to shoulder with Superman and Batman to create the pillars of the DC Universe.
  • The Wonder Behind the Camera - Meet the women behind the wonder as they welcome a group of aspiring filmmakers on set for an exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
  • Finding the Wonder Woman Within - Feel the power of Wonder Woman as award-winning poets and inspiring public figures reveal the impact and importance of DC’s greatest heroine.
  • Extended Scenes
  • Blooper Reel

WONDER WOMAN Standard Definition DVD contains the following special features:

• Crafting the Wonder
  • A Director’s Vision: Themyscira: The Hidden Island
  • A Director’s Vision: Beach Battle
  • A Director’s Vision: A Photograph Through Time
  • A Director’s Vision: Diana in the Modern World
  • A Director’s Vision: Wonder Woman at War
  • Warriors of Wonder Woman -
  • The Trinity
  • The Wonder Behind the Camera
  • Finding the Wonder Woman Within
  • Extended Scenes
  • Blooper Reel

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I normally go for Steelbooks, but I think the cover art is pretty ugly. The digibook (Target, I'm assuming) is pretty sweet looking, so I'll probably go with that.

Wonder Woman Tops Frozen With New Box Office Total

wonder-woman-frozen-1014836-1280x720.jpg

Wonder Woman has hit the $400.5 million mark as of yesterday, which means by the end of today it will surpass Disney's juggernaut Frozen in domestic box office (via Forbes). Frozen grossed $400,738,009 million domestically, so Wonder Woman will probably leave a bigger gap before it completely exits theaters.

Frozen was 26th on the all time domestic box office list, so Wonder Woman will now overtake that spot. Now, worldwide is a different story of course, as Frozen brought in over $1.2 billion worldwide. Wonder Woman is currently in the $795 million area, with a pretty even split between domestic and overseas. Frozen did over twice its domestic numbers overseas to hit that lofty total.

9 hours ago, reddwarf666222 said:

1.5 mil this weekend is my guess to bring the total to 402.2, but may end up finishing around 402.5 when all is said and done this's weekend 

You may actually be right on this one. Until the Japan official release, and with the much lower theater distribution, should just be steady bumps.

2 hours ago, Grails said:

Imagine Jessica Biel with jet black hair and you have the perfect Wonder Woman.

ww.jpg

Sorry until I saw Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman I couldn't  picture anyone else than Lynda Carter. With that bikini it seems she wants to be Honey Ryder in James Bond.

Wonder Woman dropped 346 theaters this weekend (now at 961), yet Friday jumped up from an average day this week of $340K to $405K.

- $3.97M from $800M worldwide.

- $5.1M from $400M international.

4wcJlIN.jpg