• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

I've never really read any Supergirl comics or followed her character but I liked the pilot episode. I have to say that the pilot episode was better than the Supergirl movie that was released in the 80's.

Did anyone else catch the reference at around the 4:08 mark about the person with horns on their head involved with the armored car robbery? I wonder if that was directed at Blue Devil? I remember reading his comics as a kid when they first came out.

Edited by waahehe94

I've never really read any Supergirl comics or followed her character but I liked the pilot episode. I have to say that the pilot episode was better than the Supergirl movie that was released in the 80's.

Go grab yourself a Supergirl TPB. They're well worth a read (thumbs u

The 1984 movie flopped and was never going to age well. On the plus side, Helen Slater definitely looked the part.

Did anyone else catch the reference at around the 4:08 mark about the person with horns on their head involved with the armored car robbery? I wonder if that was directed at Blue Devil? I remember reading his comics as a kid when they first came out.

Spoilers :ohnoez:;)

WTTB!

Geoff Johns Says SUPERGIRL Doubters Should Remember THE FLASH

"Everyone deserves to have a reaction, but at the end of the day, I believe in the pilot, I believe in the show. When people see the pilot, they’re going to be blown away. When they first saw his suit, when we cast [Flash actor] Grant [Gustin], people were like, ‘That’s not the Flash!’ and now people are like, ‘Oh my god, he is the Flash!’ I’m so proud of that show and -- in so many ways the Flash was my favorite character growing up -- to see it realized and to see people embracing it. And it truly is a Flash TV show, we’re not shying away from anything. We jokingly said, yeah we’re doing Gorilla Grodd and I think people were like, ‘Okay...’ Yeah, no, we’re doing Gorilla Grodd! And we’ve got a lot of great plans for Supergirl in the same vein as that."

He then noted, "Those guys complaining on the Collectors Society Forum about this show. Yeah. I've got my eyes on you!'

Geoff Johns Says SUPERGIRL Doubters Should Remember THE FLASH

He then noted, "Those guys complaining on the Collectors Society Forum about this show. Yeah. I've got my eyes on you!'

:facepalm:

lol

I clicked the link to see if he actually said that -- I hope I'm not the only one! lol

lol:applause:

I took a look anyway... even after reading these posts!

It may not be quoted but we all know that's what he's thinking... ;)