• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Sounds perfect to me (thumbs u There's too much grit on TV these days...

I wasn't kidding when I shared how much I enjoyed this pilot. I even agree with the 7/10 rating. It wasn't incredible. But it certainly was entertaining, and made me want to watch more.

It sounds very entertaining! I'm looking forward to seeing it in October. There's still no UK air date though :eek:

:eek: x infinity

I'm hoping it'll be picked up by one of the satellite channels... if it's picked up by one of the "terrestrial" channels, I'll spend 9 months avoiding spoliers :facepalm:

That would friggin' suck.

Yep! UK TV isn't always the best...

Screenrant: ‘Supergirl': Not a Bird, Not a Plane, It’s a Pilot

Regardless of gender, it’s the pilot’s sudden shift from hopeful but crestfallen heroine to proud and powerful where most of the troubles lie. The pilot’s need to see its heroine emerge victorious is fair, but if Kara’s leap into action wasn’t so formulaic, or her ascent to Supergirl wasn’t so complete by the episode’s end, then viewers may be enticed to follow her on a similar journey spanning weeks, or months.

Even so, the heart and charm Benoist grants Kara, and the early chemistry of her supporting cast members shows potential for any pilot – the fact that it bears so much scrutiny and can still find firm footing is a relief. Like the character the show is based upon, Supergirl has an uphill battle ahead of it, but if the writers ignore that fact and make the most of what they have, then – as is always the case with a “Super” character – reason to hope.

Looking forward to this. I've read all the SA Supergirl Action Comics archives to my pre-teen girls, so glad that this might be age appropriate. Seems like a great family show for us.
Try Superman Adventures 21, 29-30, 39 & 41. They are most age approriate and a little more modern too. Justice League Unlimited 7, 16 and especially 20 packs a lot great pre-teen girl power too. Enjoy!

I'll definitely have to pick those up and give them a try. Hard to find entertaining comics for my girls. They're past the Tiny Titans kind of stuff, but aren't ready for some of the modern comics out there. Thanks for the tip (thumbs u

Uh-ohhhh.

Supergirl Casts Peter Facinelli as Maxwell Lord

Twilight franchise actor Peter Facinelli will play Maxwell Lord in CBS's forthcoming Supergirl, Warner Bros. Television just announced at their Comic-Con panel in San Diego.

Lord was first introduced in the Justice League International era of the comics, as a liaison between the League and the United Nations. Later, he would be used as a villain in Infinite Crisis. In that iteration of the character, he headed up Checkmate, a quasi-governmental organization which under Lord was aimed at policing and sometimes terminating superhumans.

On Supergirl, Maxwell is a green tech billionaire who enjoys a friendly rivalry with Cat Grant and a fascination with National City’s newest arrival — Supergirl.

peter-facinelli-143766.jpg

ETsVinQh.jpg
Her uniform is so close to 'Classic', wondering why they left out the S-shield background color field?

I just prefer that old iconic look and it visually feels like they forgot something. But, then again, I'm not their target audience. :)

Supgirlclassic.jpg

I think this show is going to do well, but particularly with women and kids. There was a time the whole family would gather 'round the TV to watch Wonder Woman or the Hulk or Spider-Man and, despite the utter lack of FX during that era, the programming was geared to attract all viewers (and, naturally, maximize Nielsen and Arbitron ratings). I think Flash comes a little close to doing it, but there might be a bit too much science that it turns off younger or older viewers, and MAOS/Arrow/Gotham is a more for mature audiences. I think Supergirl can bridge the gap and appeal to a fairly broad audience.

I think this show is going to do well, but particularly with women and kids. There was a time the whole family would gather 'round the TV to watch Wonder Woman or the Hulk or Spider-Man and, despite the utter lack of FX during that era, the programming was geared to attract all viewers (and, naturally, maximize Nielsen and Arbitron ratings). I think Flash comes a little close to doing it, but there might be a bit too much science that it turns off younger or older viewers, and MAOS/Arrow/Gotham is a more for mature audiences. I think Supergirl can bridge the gap and appeal to a fairly broad audience.

(thumbs u That's the hope, at least. I'm going to try "family hour" with my girls, so am hoping they like it. I keep trying to harness their inner "geek", so maybe this is the one lol

Go rent her "The Entitled", Nick. lol

There's plenty of opportunities down the road for a guest appearance/nod. I would love to see Marc McClure or Dana Reeves show up someday as well. Wasn't Annette O'Toole a good-luck charm to the franchise as well. lol

'Lucy Lane' Is Coming To SUPERGIRL; Are We Getting A Love Triangle...Or 'Superwoman'?

TV Line reports that CBS is now looking to add Lucy Lane to the cast of Supergirl. Little is known about this take on the character, but she's expected to be around mid-20s to early 30s and is described as being as "brash, funny and beautiful as her sister Lois, yet strong, smart and successful in her own right."