• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

+1

Keep the headband!

+1 (thumbs u

Supergirl #19 from 2007.

She rocked one pretty good with Ale Garza's linework.

(thumbs u

That was a great issue!

+1

Keep the headband!

+1 (thumbs u

Supergirl #19 from 2007.

(thumbs u

That was a great issue!

I swear it's what her costume needed in Superman/Batman #77 to offset some serious brooding her team-up buddy Damian was throwing at her. I was surprised Garza didn't add it. I mean she had small smashed pumpkin on her head on the cover. :roflmao:

+1

Keep the headband!

+1 (thumbs u

Supergirl #19 from 2007.

(thumbs u

That was a great issue!

I swear it's what her costume needed in Superman/Batman #77 to offset some serious brooding her team-up buddy Damian was throwing at her. I was surprised Garza didn't add it. I mean she had small smashed pumpkin on her head on the cover. :roflmao:

Another great issue!

sb+77-03.jpg

I know what you mean... Smashing Pumpkins without a headband has zero appeal... ;)

SUPERGIRL: TV Guide Magazine Exclusive Comic Strip

Last week TV Guide announced they were releasing four DC themed covers for their Comic-Con special. You can see them, and read about it here on CBM.

The announcement also included a statement about an exclusive Supergirl comic strip created for DC Comics, featuring an all-new story written by the TV series’ executive producers, Greg Berlanti, Ali Adler and Andrew Kresiberg, with artwork by Alejandro Germánico. Now it seems that a preview of the strip has showed up online at supergirl.tv, and for those who haven’t seen the pilot episode yet it contains Mild Spoilers.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

It's better atrwork than some $4 comics, but TV Guide? I didn't know they still made those? I never see them around anywhere. Great marketing. :applause:

She needed a more touching storyline with a girl little kid like Captain Marvel #17.

Yep, TV Guide died the day this guy was put on the front cover...

tv-guide-matt-wn.jpg

Ok I'm kidding... I've watched Dr Who since I was a kid ;)

Haven't see any of the New Doctors past Paul McGann. I was Doctor Who for Halloween from '85-'86. My favorite Doctors were Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker (I met Patrick Troughtman), although Colin Baker was a superb actor merging all the personalities of past incarnations (just awful writing and effects). Favorite companions Jo, Leela and K-9.

tv-guide-matt-wn.jpg

Haven't see any of the New Doctors past Paul McGann. I was Doctor Who for Halloween from '85-'86. My favorite Doctors were Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker (I met Patrick Troughtman), although Colin Baker was a superb actor merging all the personalities of past incarnations (just awful writing and effects). Favorite companions Jo, Leela and K-9.

hm

I'm beginning to suspect you're really British ;)

The best Docs for me were Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker and fav Peter Davison. Fav companions Peri and of course, K-9. I wasn't a huge fan of Colin Baker and stopped watching the show when it started getting stupid. Sylvester McCoy was worse than Colin Baker, however!

The rebooted show is really good. Great stories and visuals. All the "new" Docs have been good (some more than others) and I've even warmed to the new guy lol

tv-guide-matt-wn.jpg

hm

I'm beginning to suspect you're really British ;)

The best Docs for me were Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker and fav Peter Davison. Fav companions Peri and of course, K-9. I wasn't a huge fan of Colin Baker and stopped watching the show when it started getting stupid. Sylvester McCoy was worse than Colin Baker, however!

The rebooted show is really good. Great stories and visuals. All the "new" Docs have been good (some more than others) and I've even warmed to the new guy lol

Yeah, Peter Davidson was one of the greats. He did great work with grating companions like Teagan and showed genuine emotion when Adrick bit it. Sylvester McCoy was downright awful. I still remember being seven watching Tom Bakers "Stones of Death" episode being terrified to go out looking for my cat before going to bed. You see, I live in the Granite State (NH) and a lot of homes have giant slabs of rock set in the ground like the killer ogree rocks (including my own). lol

comiccon0002.jpg

(worship)

Monday nights.

Great night.

(thumbs u

hm

What night is it now?

It's not an important thing in New Hampshire.

Supergirl promo shows off new footage

CBS has released a new Supergirl promo online showing off some new bits of footage from the highly-anticipated show.

Melissa Benoist leads the series as the title character with a cast that also includes Mehcad Brooks as James Olsen, Laura Benanti as Alura Zor-El, Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant, Chyler Leigh as Alexandra “Alex” Danvers, Jeremy Jordan as Winslow “Winn” Schott, David Harewood as Hank Henshaw and, in mystery roles, Dean Cain and Helen Slater.

Yeah, Peter Davidson was one of the greats. He did great work with grating companions like Teagan and showed genuine emotion when Adrick bit it. Sylvester McCoy was downright awful. I still remember being seven watching Tom Bakers "Stones of Death" episode being terrified to go out looking for my cat before going to bed. You see, I live in the Granite State (NH) and a lot of homes have giant slabs of rock set in the ground like the killer ogree rocks (including my own). lol

All the best childhood memories involve being terrified by Dr Who :cloud9: That's quite a memory to have... terrifying but awesome!

Ogri_4473.jpg:foryou:

I never realised "old" Dr Who was popular over the pond. Did it make primetime?

Adric lol I'm surprised the Doctor didn't show elation when he was killed off. Not the most popular companion ever... ;)

I never realised "old" Dr Who was popular over the pond. Did it make primetime?

Nope it was on one PBS channel at 6:30 and another at 7:00pm. I believed it first premiered in September of 1981 in NH (Tom Baker's "Robot") and was off all PBS stations by 1989, not counting the FOX TV movie with Eric Roberts as the Master and the reboot. I was about six and hooked after the first episode.