• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Tom Baker's Robot scared the out of me when I was 9, let me tell you.
I felt too much King Kong pity for it to be scared, but "Ark in Space" and the Cybermen episode with the Cybermats, crawling & flying all over the place. Those got things started for nightmareland. lol

Supergirl producers are reading this thinking, "Let's Mellissa a really long scarf and a robot dog, that shoots lasers". :popcorn:

Supergirl producers are reading this thinking, "Let's Mellissa a really long scarf and a robot dog, that shoots lasers". :popcorn:

Mufflergirl and Krypto-9... ;)

Collider: SUPERGIRL Pilot Review - Kara Takes Flight

Supergirl aims to be about more than just girl power. It’s going for “girl empowerment,” to the point that a full scene is dedicated to the merits and drawbacks to ascribing the name “Supergirl” to the new hero of National City. Kara at first finds it offensive and demeaning, but Cat spins her own interpretation of the word, giving it additional power. Supergirl can certainly hang with the boys of Arrow and The Flash and should the occasion arise, could provide a powerful ally in a potential network crossover. The real question is whether CBS’ statistically older-skewing demographic will tune in to watch the youth-oriented show, or if The CW will set aside some DVR space for Supergirl, airing Monday nights starting October 26th.

4/5 Stars

Comic Con 2015 TV Pilot Review: Supergirl

Supergirl is filled with a lot of the silly character interactions you’ve come to know from other DC shows and is definitely lighter fare than CW’s Arrow and The Flash, but that isn’t such a bad thing. Ultimately, it fits its audience, which will likely cater to the teenage crowd, particularly young girls looking for a hero to root for or teenage boys looking for a hero to root for…and crush on. Fortunately, Benoist is more than up to the task on both and with some decent action pieces and a laundry list of villains to choose from, Supergirl has plenty of room to fly if they dig deep enough into her journey. As a pilot, it shows promise, but it also has hurdles to overcome, most of which can be solved with more episodes under its belt. It’s cheesy, goofy, stereotypical, and with standard issue special effects, but it also has a terrific lead, the Kryptonian connection, the DC comics playground, and a few supporting players that make it worth your while. I’m intrigued to see what path this show takes, but could easily see it taking off with Benoist leading the charge to stardom.

7/10 Stars

Supergirl is filled with a lot of the silly character interactions you’ve come to know from other DC shows and is definitely lighter fare than CW’s Arrow and The Flash, but that isn’t such a bad thing. Ultimately, it fits its audience, which will likely cater to the teenage crowd, particularly young girls looking for a hero to root for or teenage boys looking for a hero to root for…and crush on. Fortunately, Benoist is more than up to the task on both and with some decent action pieces and a laundry list of villains to choose from, Supergirl has plenty of room to fly if they dig deep enough into her journey. As a pilot, it shows promise, but it also has hurdles to overcome, most of which can be solved with more episodes under its belt. It’s cheesy, goofy, stereotypical, and with standard issue special effects, but it also has a terrific lead, the Kryptonian connection, the DC comics playground, and a few supporting players that make it worth your while. I’m intrigued to see what path this show takes, but could easily see it taking off with Benoist leading the charge to stardom.

7/10 Stars

Sounds perfect to me (thumbs u There's too much grit on TV these days...

Although not a knockout 10+ in the looks department (I still think she's attractive), I think Benoist will become very popular very quick. I think she's a great actress. I think Supergirl will do what GOTG did for Pratt, but to a slightly lesser extent.

Looking forward to this. I've read all the SA Supergirl Action Comics archives to my pre-teen girls, so glad that this might be age appropriate. Seems like a great family show for us.

7/10 Stars

I wasn't kidding when I shared how much I enjoyed this pilot. I even agree with the 7/10 rating. It wasn't incredible. But it certainly was entertaining, and made me want to watch more.

Looking forward to this. I've read all the SA Supergirl Action Comics archives to my pre-teen girls, so glad that this might be age appropriate. Seems like a great family show for us.

That's such a great idea!

I hope this show brings Supergirl to the attention of a new generation of comic book readers.

I wasn't kidding when I shared how much I enjoyed this pilot. I even agree with the 7/10 rating. It wasn't incredible. But it certainly was entertaining, and made me want to watch more.

It sounds very entertaining! I'm looking forward to seeing it in October. There's still no UK air date though :eek:

It sounds very entertaining! I'm looking forward to seeing it in October. There's still no UK air date though :eek:

:eek: x infinity

Try Superman Adventures 21, 29-30, 39 & 41. They are most age approriate and a little more modern too. Justice League Unlimited 7, 16 and especially 20 packs a lot great pre-teen girl power too. Enjoy!

I'm hoping it'll be picked up by one of the satellite channels... if it's picked up by one of the "terrestrial" channels, I'll spend 9 months avoiding spoliers :facepalm:

Although not a knockout 10+ in the looks department (I still think she's attractive), I think Benoist will become very popular very quick. I think she's a great actress. I think Supergirl will do what GOTG did for Pratt, but to a slightly lesser extent.
After her performance in Whiplash, I think she's the real deal as an actress (and beautiful too). I can't wait to see what she does next besides Supergirl (think Christopher Reeve in "Deathtrap" or Val Kilmer in "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"). I would love to see her do some gritty roles to avoid being typecast too.

hm

Maybe they could get Tatiana Maslany to play the witch-woman Faye Dunaway played in the 80's opus.

... OOooo and get Jordan Gavaris, to play her sidekick that Brenda Vaccaro played.

That would be like instant credibility.

P.S. to the producers.

Tatiana played one of the kidnappers of Vandervoort in "The Entitled" too. There's like a whole universe thing going on here in a six-degrees-of-gene-hackman way. :)

Maybe they could get Tatiana Maslany to play the witch-woman Faye Dunaway played in the 80's opus.

... OOooo and get Jordan Gavaris, to play her sidekick that Brenda Vaccaro played.

That would be like instant credibility.

P.S. to the producers.

Tatiana played one of the kidnappers of Vandervoort in "The Entitled" too. There's like a whole universe thing going on here in a six-degrees-of-gene-hackman way. :)

...And Tom Hardy to play Peter Cook's role? ;)

I'm hoping it'll be picked up by one of the satellite channels... if it's picked up by one of the "terrestrial" channels, I'll spend 9 months avoiding spoliers :facepalm:

That would friggin' suck.