• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Just saw the trailer-really really really bad

ugh

Hi Mr Johns :hi:

:hi:

Mr. Johns, I have a great idea about a woodchuck that gets superpowers from a radiated head of lettuce growing near a powerplant.

It could be a major DC event!

Can I pm you? :wishluck:

Just saw the trailer-really really really bad

ugh

Hi Mr Johns :hi:

:hi:

Mr. Johns, I have a great idea about a woodchuck that gets superpowers from a radiated head of lettuce growing near a powerplant.

It could be a major DC event!

Can I pm you? :wishluck:

Sounds a little more "Marvel" to me... ;)

Wow the amount of wood he could then chuck would be incredible

:roflmao:

hm

Just put a cape on him and totally screw-up his origin multiple times (unless they only do that to their female characters) and you have the next hot DC property ready for celluloid. :acclaim:

Yep he'll shove chipmunk girl and rocky raccoon off the charts

:roflmao:

hm

Just put a cape on him and totally screw-up his origin multiple times (unless they only do that to their female characters) and you have the next hot DC property ready for celluloid. :acclaim:

Titled "The Truth about Marvel".

:applause:

SUPERGIRL Premiere Date Revealed

CBS has announced its full Fall Line-up and has set Supergirl for a Monday, October 26th release date. The DC Comics superhero drama will air from 8:30 - 9:30. Glee star Melissa Benoist will lead the series as Kara Zor-El aka Kara Danvers. True Blood's Mechad Brooks will play Jimmy Olsen. Ally McBeal star Calista Flockhart will play Cat Grant. Homeland's David Harewood will play Hank Henshaw (better known as Cyborg Superman to DC comics readers). Chyler Leigh, of Grey's Anatomy fame will play Kara's adoptive sister, Alex Danvers. Original Supergirl actress Helen Slater will have a recurring role as Supergirl's foster mother, Sylvia Danvers. One time Superman Dean Cain will play Kara's adoptive father, Fred Danvers. Iron Man's Faran Tahir plays "The Commander" while Jeremy Jordan play the show's version of Toyman.

(thumbs u

Only four and a half months to avoid spoilers...

Same here. (thumbs u

I still haven't watched the pilot yet too.

I'm surprised I watched the trailer! It gave too much away (for me).

(thumbs u

Same here. (thumbs u

I've seen the pilot. Trust me. It only gave a small portion away.

I liked it!

(thumbs u

Same here. (thumbs u

I've seen the pilot. Trust me. It only gave a small portion away.

I liked it!

It's good to hear the trailer hasn't given everything away!

I think it'll be a good show based upon what I saw in the trailer. It appears to have a lot of potential.

Her personality is a carbon copy of Chloe from Smallville. Hollywood has only about 5 different personality types they use on shows like this. It happens because screenwriters learn to write from watching other shows.

Cat Grant needs a cheeseburger or two.

I'm sure there are healthier options... hm

I think Cat Grant needs a second in command played by Greg Germann. He could bring back his classic "bygones" one-worder. Now that's inspired casting... ;)

Her personality is a carbon copy of Chloe from Smallville. Hollywood has only about 5 different personality types they use on shows like this. It happens because screenwriters learn to write from watching other shows.

:eek:

I was never really a fan of Chloe... then again, I was never really a fan of Smallville. It took too many liberties! (How many Kryptonite mutants!?!) I stopped watching it before LV arrived... my bad ;)

I'm sure Kara's personality will find its footing by episode 2 or 3.

2 things I hate about the original superman movie that have influenced all future iterations-they kept the S symbol as a kryptonian symbol-stupid-and kept superman's 'fortress' as a wide open crystal pavilion that anyone can wander into and also slip and fall into a bottomless crevasse.

If I was superman I would store my crystals on THE MOON not some wide open patio that anyone can access.

2 things I hate about the original superman movie that have influenced all future iterations-they kept the S symbol as a kryptonian symbol-stupid-and kept superman's 'fortress' as a wide open crystal pavilion that anyone can wander into and also slip and fall into a bottomless crevasse.

If I was superman I would store my crystals on THE MOON not some wide open patio that anyone can access.

That didn't bother me. What bothered me about the original Superman movie was Otis. The Lex Luthor from the comics would never have had a bumbling insufficiently_thoughtful_person as a henchman.