• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

It's tough man, when you get cases ( thousands) of a book & they're mostly 9.4 & you KNOW the CGC sharks bought the majority of your offering ( even though properly described )

Tough position to be in.

I hear you brother. You're shipped what you're shipped. I'm sure retailers would love 9.9’s on every book and I don't expect that either. I expect a comic book in any condition. Its funny how much things have changed over the years with grading.

Not gonna lie, im a grading purist, but retailers are shipped what they are shipped, they can't really control which books go to whom on a large scale.

The books retailers receive are processed and are immediately shipped to preorders, etc. Minimal wear is involved in this process. (I know most retailers are extremely careful with books especially with conditon freaks breathing down their necks with preorders). This isn't even mentioning same or second day shipping expectancies.

A lot of pressure on retailers to not only fulfill orders, but to also give every preorders customer 9.8 candidates.

Try getting any book at a 9.8 on eBay even when its listed as such, very difficult to do. Thank you Larry for even putting the phantom together and shipping everything you did. I got 1 set today in perfect condition from my seller

Edited by kapzilla

If I recall correctly, its not recalled?

They also feature "rare" moderns, not necessarily just recalled.

One of my favourite resources actually. I thought it was interesting that they are featuring this comic so soon after publication.

-J.

Long story short, they are not the best, they are sometimes overpriced but there are great people that work there. If you live in Chicago, go see Jim in downers grove just to see a great guy that genuinely cares, that's something you can't find via buying online.

+1 Jim is great ! If you go to his store in Downers Grove, you will be treated with respect and integrity. Graham Crackers has something like nine stores. If you can't find something at any one store, they can usually track it down for you from one of the other stores and ship it for free to your local shop. Their service is top notch.

If I recall correctly, its not recalled?

They also feature "rare" moderns, not necessarily just recalled.

One of my favourite resources actually. I thought it was interesting that they are featuring this comic so soon after publication.

-J.

Ahhh gotcha (thumbs u

Sorry if it's already been discussed, but I just noticed issues of Hawkeye vs Deadpool #0 being sold on ebay as the 1st cameo appearance of Spider-Gwen.

Thoughts?

E61F4EF2-D67C-4B48-82B8-B03D5C3FE9CB.png

379510C7-83C8-43E5-ADA6-4AA78110FA99.png

Those are a bunch of cosplayers in those images.

You're better off picking up AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #9 (1st part of SPIDER-VERSE) as that's Spider-Gwen's 2nd Appearance. Many have ignored this book. I'm currently selling this coupled with her 1st Appearance (1st Print/NM), with various SPIDER-GIRL #1 variants (including Hughes) on Ebay - 11 Books total.

Problem is, how could these be "cosplayers" if the characters did not yet exist?

And how about how Gwennie looks dead-on at the reader in the final panel? It will only take one submitter of this book to CGC with a request to update the label with "First Appearance Spider-Gwen, Cameo" or whatever, and Whammo! hm

-J.

I can really imagine Marvel writing a story that resolves this comic. SheThor is hunting some magical dimensional/time jumping creature that runs into Spider-Gwen. Gwen teams up with SheThor and chase the creature to a place where it can hide unnoticed...a comic con. They do battle, capture the baddie and return home, and this issue becomes canon.

:takeit:lol

-J.

Its really amazing the stretching that is done in new comics now. The term

"cameo" is being redefined in the last couple of years, but the monetary amounts being spent on previous unwanted or ignored appearances. I still cant decide if this is a money grab from card collectors who already killed their hobby or a movement created by movie speculators and collectors.

Either way you can deny the change in the last year or two.

Plus, some very sad news about Robbi Rodriguez health issues . I hope he gets better

:( Ugh. Robbi deserves great success after his work on Federal Bureau of Physics and the like. I wish him the best.

Day Men #3 ECCC Variant (Robbi did the Cover Art):

ECCCDM03.jpg

Alot of hints about the future of Spider-Gwen from Jason here: http://www.newsarama.com/23690-spider-gwen-creators-celebrate-gwensday-with-release-party.html

Plus, some very sad news about Robbi Rodriguez health issues . I hope he gets better

Great article. That really is too bad about his health issue, did they mention what exactly it was he's suffering from or did I just miss it?

Alot of hints about the future of Spider-Gwen from Jason here: http://www.newsarama.com/23690-spider-gwen-creators-celebrate-gwensday-with-release-party.html

Great article. That really is too bad about his health issue, did they mention what exactly it was he's suffering from or did I just miss it?

He was diagnosed with keratoconus, an eye disease that causes continuous damage to the corneas rendering him pretty much blind.

Major bummer :(

He was diagnosed with keratoconus, an eye disease that causes continuous damage to the corneas rendering him pretty much blind.

Major bummer :(

Robbi is a great guy, met him a few times. Really great spirits and energy.. Really really sad to read about his condition.

On another note, I love Jason's attitude towards the character (SG), he keeps on referring to this as creator controlled and its great to read that Marvel grants him freedom with exploring the boundaries with Spider Gwen. In a way, the fact that this is Earth-65 allowed him to get so many ideas for the character that otherwise he wouldnt be able to explore in the Marvel universe. And Jason is just such a stellar writer, I can only imagine where he can take it to..

Reading this made me believe even more so than before in this character and this series.