• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

I don't see the point in having books signed by Stan Lee that he had nothing to do with, I'd rather have an older book that he actually wrote. On the other hand with him getting up in years, I see the attraction of a current ASM book with his sig. Not Spider-Gwen though

Creators Stan Lee, Steve Ditko

Stan Lee created Gwen Stacey 50 years ago. That Gwen Stacey is dead. We have established in this thread ad nauseum that this is a "new" character that was created by Latour and Rodriguez that has nothing to do with Peter Parker's dead girlfriend. Stan Lee did not write, edit, illustrate, colour, or have anything to do with this book.

So again, why have him sign it ? (shrug)

-J.

Palpatine.jpg

Stan Lee created Gwen Stacey 50 years ago. That Gwen Stacey is dead. We have established in this thread ad nauseum that this is a "new" character that was created by Latour and Rodriguez that has nothing to do with Peter Parker's dead girlfriend. Stan Lee did not write, edit, illustrate, colour, or have anything to do with this book.

-J.

Palpatine.jpg

:roflmao:

-J.

-J.

I say the same thing about all the GOTG books I see on eBay signed by him. He has nothing to do with the series or the characters. There are people who are going to have Stan sign anything because they think that it will at hundreds of $$$ of value to the book. I'd rather have him sign something that he was involved in or an important Spider-Man book. As for Spider-Gwen books, I will not have him sign any of him. That's my 2c

The Four Color Grails variant looks pretty nice.

Linky

Wait, this is a pre-sale of #1??

Why not call it a reprint if its a later printing?

Here we go. Is it a reprint or not?? hm

Well the seller says its a PRE-SALE, and its RARE lol

I guess how rare these are depends on how many four color grails sells (if it is actually their cover), but it sounds like its a variant rather than a reprint.

The Four Color Grails variant looks pretty nice.

Linky

Wait, this is a pre-sale of #1??

Why not call it a reprint if its a later printing?

Here we go. Is it a reprint or not?? hm

Since Spider-Gwen #2 will be released before it, I wouldn't call it a 1st printing. However if the books themselves were printed before the official 2nd print of SG #1 and before SG #2, then it would be a 1st print. We'll see what it says inside the book

-J.

I say the same thing about all the GOTG books I see on eBay signed by him. He has nothing to do with the series or the characters. There are people who are going to have Stan sign anything because they think that it will at hundreds of $$$ of value to the book. I'd rather have him sign something that he was involved in or an important Spider-Man book. As for Spider-Gwen books, I will not have him sign any of him. That's my 2c

I believe the simple reason is that Stan Lee is unavoidably (and obviously) identified with the Marvel age, and people continue to identify him with Marvel now, even if we are past the Marvel age. One can argue on when it ended, but there is no doubt that it has ended, and what Marvel is doing now often has little to do with what the Marvel age was about – Stan does not seem to care much about this, and he endorses everything, and just signs when asked to, I guess.

#2 looks great

What’s Peter Porker doing in it? lol